Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » HTML/CSS & NeoHome Help » people who would like a website partner? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Please note that this forum is for HTML/NeoHome-related questions only. If you have a question about markup or Neoseeker, please refer to Site/Forums Help & QA.

hideOriginal Post

Mar 29, 12 at 3:18pmMajestic Shadow

does anyone know a site where i can find a partner to help me create a website with a .com domain name? like a site where i can find a partner?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 19, 12 at 6:12pm
mangasus90

Yeah, real domain names cost money, even if it's not that much. Your better chance are your friends who want to group with you in this since i don't think there's another possible way unless what you're thinking is working for that partner.

Mar 30, 12 at 11:10am
harbin

TBH you are better off finding a free webhost, which gives you some sort of URL. Proper web domains such as .com, .co.uk, .net, .org, etc cost money that people would be reluctant to pay for something that isn't there. Same with proper hosts. Especially if they don't know what content will be posted.

Also, as Vermillion said, the power lies with the person who the domain and host account is in their name. As they pay for it, they get full access to what is hosted on that account and can therefore claim ownership. Alternatively, if the site contains illegal content, either copyrighted or other, then they most likely liable.

Hosts and domains aren't all that expensive. Domains, depending on what the name and TLD is, are around £8 (about $12 I think). Hosts are a bit more, but free web hosts exist (such as Zymic, 000webhost, etc). They offer a very similar service with a few restrictions on content, etc... you'd probably need to check their TOS. Zymic are free, and will let you have a domain name such as yourwebsite.zxq.net. Not exactly perfect, but it's free.

Even as administrator of the forum, ultimate power will lie with the person who owns the hosting account, since they will be able to modify the database and put themself as admin, and delete your account from the picture, or change your password and take over it.

Unless you mean that you are actually willing to work for them for money or free then you are better off paying for the domain and host yourself. Fairly easy to set up since most of it is done through a wizard. If you are scared of a bill actually turning up at your door in physical form then, you shouldn't worry. Most cases you won't get a physical invoice for the service.

Mar 30, 12 at 10:57am
Arietta

I honestly don't think you are going to get someone to buy you a domain name and hosting even if you would technically "work for them".
Even if you did, a bigger issue is that whoever owns the domain can later give you their back, kick you away, and tell you "I own this website, and I don't want you here anymore". You're better off buying your own hosting and domain when you are an adult, and if you can't wait, then ask your parents to register a domain name on their name.

Mar 30, 12 at 5:56am
Majestic Shadow

I want someone to buy the domain and the hosting. then, as in favor, I will manage the site. I will make the forums, news catelog and everything else.

Mar 30, 12 at 3:26am
harbin

Not sure what you mean?

Do you want someone to create a website, some to set up the website and domain, or both?

Mar 29, 12 at 9:22pm
Arietta

I don't think I quite understand what you want. Because anyone can help you create a "website with a .com domain", but the domain extension is irrelevant. Anyone can help you make a website (assuming they are willing to work for you, some may actually want you to pay them, etc..), but if you want to keep the domain name you will have to buy it and register it under your name.

Or in an adults name if you're an underage. Preferably your parents.

Mar 29, 12 at 3:18pm
Majestic Shadow

does anyone know a site where i can find a partner to help me create a website with a .com domain name? like a site where i can find a partner?