Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Good PM9 class? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Mar 22, 12 at 6:52pmredmanc90

I've got bored of using the mainstream guns/got bored a while ago so am trying to use some of the more obscure, unpopular guns. Top of the list is the PM9.

My setup at the moment:
PM9 w/kick & RDS
P99
Semtex & Flash

Recon Pro - Just a fantastic perk - also good if have to abandon the firefight as the ammo capacity & damage is low
Quickdraw Pro - Really useful for tossing equipment quick in gunfights, esp when damage on PM9 is poor
Stalker Pro - good for SMGs and evading

Support: C-UAV - Stealth Bomber - Support Jugg

Normally I'd use range on SMGs, but pretty pointless on the PM9. Don't like focus or stability and don't knife. And other attachments are a bit useless (no silencer, RF burns ammo)
Basically I just rush around a load, and accept that going to lose a few gunfights due to poor-ness of the gun.

But I'm open to any improvements, anyone had any major success stories with it?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 25, 12 at 7:27am
KR_1250

quote blackomega34
Sorry for sounding like a kid in saying what I said, but it really is how I feel.
LOL, no worries man. You are perfectly entitled to that opinion if you like. COD tends to get emotions worked up like that.

Just keep in mind everyone plays differently. I'd personally castrate and eviscerate anyone who quickscopes but its just an opinion. The little c*nts have a right to do it unfortunately.

Oct 25, 12 at 7:15am
blackomega34

quote KR_1250
Some people just like hipfiring. I love it.

I run steady aim on most classes in most cod games. Hell in MW2 i used akimbo P90's as one of my main setups and COULDNT use ADS. In MW3 the MP5 was one of my favourite guns due to its awesome hipfire effect. I think i have went entire 30 kill TDM games barely using ADS except in real panic situations where i have got myself into a long range fight by accident.

I dont see much of a difference between being shot by a well placed M14 shot or being splattered by a CQB submachine gun or shotgun hipfire. As long asit was executed without exploiting the game then f**k it. The best man won.

If i run round a corner and ADS a guy who kills me with a hipfire i just think: "Shit... shoulda hipfired"

And i aint dissing but why should "proper aiming" be enforced? I mean in a CQB situation with a rapid fire or spread-shot weapon hipfiring could be considered the proper (I.E most statistically succesful) way to aim.

And another point which admitantly doesnt have much relation to the game is that this kind of instinctive shooting is a genuinly used militairy tactic. I remember watching a show about the SAS raid during the Iranian embassy siege in london. The SAS commented on how they never raised their K&K MP5's to eye level and always shot from a slung position to aid rapid fire target changes and ease of reload. And teh iranians who tried to fire their Skorpion SMG's by sight were pretty much cut in half before even raising their weapons.

But as i said. This has little to do with the game.
Indeed, I see your point for everything there, I respect your opinion but I still disagree with it. I am aware of the military's application of such tactics but IMO that should not be translated into a game, especially CoD.
I understand the case for akimbo SMGs and I am OK with them, as there are only a few tactics that can be employed.
I would just like to withdraw my 'enforcement' point as I now realize that it is terrible.
Sorry for sounding like a kid in saying what I said, but it really is how I feel.

quote HU1CH13
Complains about people hip firing - yet probably walks around corners and choke points ADS'ing with Stalker, just as bad.
I do that very rarely. Stalker is just a mental boost; knowing you have a speed benefit over your enemies, especially when going for cover while shooting.

Oct 25, 12 at 6:17am
HU1CH13

quote Ajax
This guy. ^
Complains about people hip firing - yet probably walks around corners and choke points ADS'ing with Stalker, just as bad.

And nice, I thought mine was a pretty decent gameplay up until the last two kills where a new round started and I knew there would be some retards or just like to lie prone at spawn for 30 seconds waiting for me to charge at them. I only needed 2 kills so I decided to play it a lot more safer than I did the first round, it's a shame it ended up being a boring 2 minutes of me wondering around there spawn back and fourth until I could find a couple people to pick off. I could of been worse, I could of decided to not move out of spawn and just camp out my base and let them come to me lol.

Oct 25, 12 at 5:29am
HadesTheWarGod

^ I salute you GreaterAjax for using such a shit weapon

Oct 25, 12 at 5:10am
Ajax

Here's that MOAB, HU1CH13

Yeah, blackomega34, after trying to shoot someone less than 10 metres away at 1:39, I'm going to ADS with the PM-9?

I honestly doubt you used the PM-9 pre-buff, or if you did without firing from the hip, you went 3-20.

Oct 25, 12 at 4:38am
KR_1250

quote blackomega34
Oh, no... No, no, no... I do not mean it like that. I mean that people who RELY on hipfire at even the most extreme of distances, many are too lazy to keep up with recoil and the steady aim perk gives you a boost in this. I also hate it when people start getting complacent and feel pro when they kill a guy who had actually bothered to aim. I go mad when I see some guy spraying me with a PP90 at point blank and I end up winning with an M16 just because the enemy did not bother to aim down his sights. This goes the other way this would make my point look like a rant; hipfire is both consistent and deadly (at short range), hipfire makes aiming useless anywhere within 20 meters. proper aiming should be enforced in every scenario.
I think that something must be done about it, at least so I feel like I made the right choice in aiming.
Some people just like hipfiring. I love it.

I run steady aim on most classes in most cod games. Hell in MW2 i used akimbo P90's as one of my main setups and COULDNT use ADS. In MW3 the MP5 was one of my favourite guns due to its awesome hipfire effect. I think i have went entire 30 kill TDM games barely using ADS except in real panic situations where i have got myself into a long range fight by accident.

I dont see much of a difference between being shot by a well placed M14 shot or being splattered by a CQB submachine gun or shotgun hipfire. As long asit was executed without exploiting the game then f**k it. The best man won.

If i run round a corner and ADS a guy who kills me with a hipfire i just think: "Shit... shoulda hipfired"

And i aint dissing but why should "proper aiming" be enforced? I mean in a CQB situation with a rapid fire or spread-shot weapon hipfiring could be considered the proper (I.E most statistically succesful) way to aim.

And another point which admitantly doesnt have much relation to the game is that this kind of instinctive shooting is a genuinly used militairy tactic. I remember watching a show about the SAS raid during the Iranian embassy siege in london. The SAS commented on how they never raised their K&K MP5's to eye level and always shot from a slung position to aid rapid fire target changes and ease of reload. And teh iranians who tried to fire their Skorpion SMG's by sight were pretty much cut in half before even raising their weapons.

But as i said. This has little to do with the game.

Oct 25, 12 at 3:48am
blackomega34

quote KR_1250
quote blackomega34
I think hipfire is nooby,
Every time i think i have heard it all someone hits out with something else which surprises me.

Dont tell me hipfiring is now "Panick Shooting" or some shite?
Oh, no... No, no, no... I do not mean it like that. I mean that people who RELY on hipfire at even the most extreme of distances, many are too lazy to keep up with recoil and the steady aim perk gives you a boost in this. I also hate it when people start getting complacent and feel pro when they kill a guy who had actually bothered to aim. I go mad when I see some guy spraying me with a PP90 at point blank and I end up winning with an M16 just because the enemy did not bother to aim down his sights. This goes the other way this would make my point look like a rant; hipfire is both consistent and deadly (at short range), hipfire makes aiming useless anywhere within 20 meters. proper aiming should be enforced in every scenario.
I think that something must be done about it, at least so I feel like I made the right choice in aiming.

Oct 25, 12 at 2:33am
KR_1250

quote blackomega34
I think hipfire is nooby,
Every time i think i have heard it all someone hits out with something else which surprises me.

Dont tell me hipfiring is now "Panick Shooting" or some shite?

Oct 25, 12 at 1:48am
Ajax

This guy. ^

Oct 25, 12 at 1:46am
blackomega34

quote Ajax
quote HU1CH13
quote Ajax
You've said you got a MOAB with it about 11 times now, haha.
True haha, just surprised people would actually take my word for it with something like that and would instantly call out bullshit and want some Youtube/Vault proof or some nonsense like that. Yeah because lying about that is really going to get me laid lol....
Meh, I don't think you're the type to bullshit about it. Plus, it's an achievement, but not ridiculously amazing, I did it with Ext. Mags and Rapid Fire.

The guy who came and said you're a pussy if you shoot from the hip is a tool though. He obviously didn't use it pre-patch if he thinks you can get a MOAB aiming down the sights of the thing.
How am I a tool? I used the PM9 pre-patch and post-patch and my opinion has not changed, I think hipfire is nooby, and that is only what I think. I just put what I thought forward and I also believed that every weapon needed a 50% recoil increase...