Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Tales of Graces f » Difficulty » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Apple Gel Colette Genis Kratos Lemon Gel Life Bottle Lloyd Melange Gel Milla Miracle Gel Orange Gel Pineapple Gel Presea Raine Sheena Zelos

hideOriginal Post

Mar 22, 12 at 1:49pmKratos

What difficulty did you guys play on? How difficult do you like to make this game?

From the start until near the end of the game, I pretty much stayed on moderate, but I quickly got outclassed as L&L kept going, since I never grinded. I wanted to finish the story instead of grind, so I stepped down to Normal for the final dungeon.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to do Hard or Insane difficulty right now.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 29, 13 at 10:50am
Hell Fire

I'm on moderate now. It hasn't been difficult yet but the bosses have put up a bit of a fight at times.

Jul 05, 13 at 12:01am
Troop116rules

What's really sad is... I've grinded so much that I can solo along with CPU allies on Chaos difficulty without breaking a sweat. Why Namco!? Why did you have to implement something like the Title system that I would spend hours exploiting? Urgh, but this battle system is so fun... lol.

Jun 07, 13 at 4:52am
ToGf FTW

haha I've been playing on hard ever since... before the barona infiltration and man are those small battles taxing... but the sp and drop rewards are worth it. ive just found fourier and the last two bosses battles I had to bump it down to moderate to beat because they ripped my team to shreds..

May 30, 13 at 7:26pm
Kindren

I went balls to the wall right from the get go. Managed to get chaos mode about the time I and played it ever since. The only bosses I had trouble with were I ended up getting two friends to help me beat those two. I think I ended up at lvl 75 at the end of the game, before L&L. The game would probably be so much easier if I lowered the difficulty, but my completionist spirit doesn't let me do that.

Jun 28, 12 at 11:17am
Zerkier

i played thru and beat moderate and hard with little trouble. im now working on evil mode and planning on going thru to chaos. the only person i have lost against so far is emeraude on hard. i dont think i will be tampering with the difficulty for any boss even if i die. yea dying sucks but for me its a pride thing. anyway here are a few tips if anyone is having problems.
-EXPLOIT WEAKNESSES this is the big one things will flinch. u will do more dmg. and on evil everything gets a weakness penalty making it pretty much the only way u will ever win.
-WHY RUSH get some exp on the way u guys. learn some patience and u will grow stronger for it.
-GEAR everything is weak against something and in this game u should milk it. while going through the game and lvling ^^^ u should pick up alot of stuff/ money use it to upgrade ur weapons/armor very often and try to get some gems made that have poison/burn/para ect. the extra 20-30+% dmg is awsome. other than that i try to use evasion or maybe vit/bless on cheria to help keep my cleric alive
-KNOW YOUR ENEMY cant always go in guns a blazin not gona go into detail on this one its self-explanitory but i will say on hard while fighting the last boss those anti stone pendants were a godsend. (statues dont make for good fighters lol)

Apr 12, 12 at 11:47am
Wolverine527

quote Kratos
Well from a bare bones playthrough, I managed more than 1k grade, which was enough for me to get everything I wanted short of 10x exp.

So you might be able to get everything you want,

I hope I can get at least 2500 grade from my playthrough,I want to transfer skills (and artes along with them),which takes that very amount. I could just transfer titles,but it would take quite some time to get everyone's artes and accel modes again,and I probably wouldn't be able to get all of Richard's while he's in the party....and I'd want someone to be Richard throughout my NG+.

Apr 11, 12 at 8:13pm
Tenshi

Kratos - Everything I want doesn't fall much shorter than everything that's available.

Apr 11, 12 at 6:08pm
Kratos

Well from a bare bones playthrough, I managed more than 1k grade, which was enough for me to get everything I wanted short of 10x exp.

So you might be able to get everything you want,

Apr 11, 12 at 5:58am
Tenshi

So, I guess the level cap is 200. I highly doubt anyone will need to get that high for much of anything that I can think of.

I kind of want to get to level 200 for shits and giggles, but that would take a lot of grinding. I'm thinking the only viable time to do that would be in NG+ under EXP x5 or something. Even then, it'd be long, hard, and boring (like last night).

The problem is I kinda hate to do a NG+ considering that there's so many things I want from the grade shop, and earning grade is a lot harder this time around. I'd rather just get grade from grinding the hell out of battles, not doing all this weird stuff.

Apr 09, 12 at 6:31pm
Kratos

First time around, I literally died from him looking at me. It was so bad, I had to take a break.

Then I beat him with relative ease, but then I realized that I was back on Evil, since I didn't change to Chaos until right before him.

So then, I spent an hour and a half trying to beat him. I finally did. I used one all-divide, all of my life bottles, 3 out of 4 elixers and killed him with everyone but Hubert dead. All those combined meant I had to restart.

So I am pretty much raging right now.

Honestly, it came down to whether I could get enough Accel gauge to counter his EBs. I can only imagine how ridiculous this fight would be without Accel Mode.