Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Mass Effect 3 » Banshee's on Insanity! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 21, 12 at 6:05pmXXXDanteXXX

Mass Effect 3. Stuck on two Banshees. On Insanity Mode. Any advice to take these guys down with any relative speed or ease? Having trouble. Thanks in advance!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 08, 12 at 3:13pm
Run Like a Bitch

I find it best to let your teammates take damage and keep your distance, as mentioned before things like warp help alot. It also helps to have people on your team with warp/armour piercing ammo that applies to you, having a pretty powerful gun doesn't hurt either; like a graal with barrel chokes.

Jul 25, 12 at 7:07pm
JaguarSkX

Having just completed Mass Effect 3 on Insanity as an Adept (Level 60), I primarily rely on Energy Drain my bonus power) to destroy barriers and shields and Warp to take out it's armor. I carry the Vindicator assault rifle and the Arc Pistol (both at Class X) so that my cool down bonus is +185%. I also wear the Inferno Armor for +30% cool down and +30% power damage. I can take on a Banshee on my own if I have to. I generally rely on my weapons as a last resort since I primarily rely on my Biotics (applies to playing as Sentinel and Vanguard as well).

I try to keep a decent distance so that I can attempt to avoid the Banshee's warp throws. Since warp can track targets I manage to dodge them less than 50% of the time. Run around a lot if there room to run.

I use whatever squadmate powers are useful.

Garrus - AP Ammo / Overload
Liara - Warp / Warp Ammo
Javik - Dark Channel
James - Carnage / Incendiary Ammo / Grenades
Ashley - Disruptor Ammo / Concussive Shot / Inferno Grenade (never used in missions with Banshees)
Kaiden - Overload / Reave
EDI - Overload / Incinerate (never used in missions with Banshees)
Tali - Overload (Other than the Geth / Quarian war missions, I never had Tali as a squadmate in any of my games)

All encounters with Banshees aren't too difficult except in the final battle where there are 4 of them (if I am not mistaken) in the 5th wave; Liara and Javik were my squadmates. Fortunately you only have to survive long enough for EDI to reprogram the last two missiles to end the battle. Easier said than done though.

Jul 22, 12 at 3:34pm
Banshee slayer

I literally tore my hair until i finally got them i was on insanity i basically forced garrus to overload the shit out of them while i did energy drain then i did concussive shot and incendiary ammo while garrus used armor piercing also one tip is when yourhealth is draining from the missile use a medpack if tou get hit twice and dont use one with only one banshee left with low health lets just say my other controllers in heaven right now

May 30, 12 at 7:13pm
Wolfwood824

quote Me
By the way, Warp has been nerfed since ME2. Now it isn't any good against barriers.
Warp is fine, you just have to follow it up with another biotic power (preferably Throw) for a detonation to get the most out of it. That goes for using it in general, too.

May 27, 12 at 11:49pm
Me

By the way, Warp has been nerfed since ME2. Now it isn't any good against barriers. Only armour and health. Reave, however, does work on barriers(I think, I haven't seen the specs for reave in a while). The best power for barriers is Overload with the evolution for armour/barrier damage. Ironically, Warp Ammo still works.

May 01, 12 at 9:04am
AnthonyLucas86

They have no headshot hitbox around their chest surprisingly is the weakpoint. When it comes to banshees biotic explosions are your best friend warp throw combo is the best for this also bio explosions will take out any minions floating around. This tactic will work for all bigger enemies also pyro ammo is really good for when her barrier is down.

Apr 30, 12 at 1:24pm
Axe

quote guest4587
One typical error: They dont get more damage by headshots. So ignore that tip.
Not joking: In fact, their extra damage-taken spot is their right boob. Seriously.

Apr 30, 12 at 7:47am
guest4587

One typical error: They dont get more damage by headshots. So ignore that tip.

Mar 23, 12 at 4:00am
Subaru7

Javelin with disruptor murders their barriers, honestly. Then you have to grenade, incinerate, warp and headshot them forever. They die. (Coming from an Infiltrator PoV)

Mar 22, 12 at 12:32pm
BostonGoals

Grenades and the Geth shotgun fully charges seemed to work for me, and keep your distance.