Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » SimCity 5 » Introduce Yourselves! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 19, 12 at 7:13pmDynamite

Hey guys!

I've been playing SimCity ever since the early releases and still enjoy booting up SimCity 4 to this day on occasion. I also play Micropolis occasionally too which is a game based on the original SimCity source code that was made open source a couple of years back. Runs great on my Linux system and is easily obtainable from the Debian/Ubuntu repositories.

So, this community is just starting out and I encourage you to come on in and say hi! Tell us how long you've been playing and how stoked you are for this upcoming release.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 24, 13 at 7:11pm
Phexameta

Hi all, I'm Phex. I really only started with SC4, and that was because I was already in love with The Sims and was looking for similar titles. I've been in love with the series since. I must say, I've been quite disappointed with 5, from the way the game runs, to little mechanics, to the whole persistent internet connection thing. It has potential, and the servers seem to have calmed down now, but I'm already thinking about a possible 6th.

Mar 08, 13 at 10:58am
Whelan

Hi

I have this game, but have yet to play because of spastic servers

Mar 08, 13 at 8:00am
KillaAshley

hello im ashley.

I would but this game, but my laptop cant run it

Dec 17, 12 at 2:14pm
Ianyoung9871

Hello world
Only got interested in simcity when i saw a preview on YouTube for simcity 5

Oct 23, 12 at 12:00pm
James Young

Hey, James here, my only real SimCity experience is SimCity 3000, so I am hoping to get into this game once it comes out in February.

Expect me to be lurking around when the game does come out.

Jul 04, 12 at 10:15am
MarkusK

Hey Markus here, actually new to sim's but Im starting out from n5

Jul 01, 12 at 3:56am
tubendo

I am so glad that there are still people that play Simcity! No. 5 looks like it'll be as awesome as ever!

May 31, 12 at 3:05pm
BossRigs

Hey guys,

This is theboss@bossrigs.com just saying hi, and letting everyone know we will be committing A LOT of time and resources to this game.

Personally, I have been playing since a few months after the original was released and I can say that each and every release has been awesome. However, this I think will FINALLY be the the one that we have all been waiting for.

We are looking for people to hangout and play with, please show us some love on the new page www.facebook.com/bossrigs and we will also be testing and reviewing/sharing a lot of configs in order to take the guess work out of what it is going to take to power a rig that can handle all the glory of maxis's graphics and complex algorithms.

We have contacted Maxis direct about building a rig or two for charity auction so here's to crossing our fingers on that one!

Thanks Neos and Can't wait!!

-TB

May 01, 12 at 11:36am
harbin

Sup. I'm Harbin91 Started with SimCity on the SNES, and played SimCity 3000 (somewhat), and occasionally continue to play SimCity 4. Have to say I am somewhat impressed on the growing realism of SimCity, and am interested in atleast trying this game out, providing that they have addressed alot of the issues that held back SimCity 4 such as the random crash-to-desktops. Some of these issues have actually been addressed by a still active SimCity 4 community.

Apr 03, 12 at 2:46am
MrDuma

played every version there is of sim city and this won't be any different;
love the fact that the series is still up and running and that one of my favorite games of all time will come back to life