Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Mass Effect 3 » Tali's Face, unmasked. (For real, this time). » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 18, 12 at 9:29pmRude_Boy_Loves_SKA

So, for those of you who hadn't romanced Tali, (me among them. My original ME2 save had, but I lost it somehow) you get to see her face in the game.

Thoughts?
I'm 50-50.
While I'm glad they actually made her look more human instead of alien, it still just seems like they Photoshopped a stock image.

EDIT::
It literally is a Photoshopped stock image.

So, boo on you, Bioware.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 22, 13 at 11:59am
Fatherbrain30

quote DedValve
quote Axe
Well, we can hope it's just one more thing that gets changed with the EC if it doesn't only pertain to the ending.
The day optimism (and 3 local kansas girls) died.
THERE'S ALWAYS MASS EFFECT 4

Lol no

Aug 22, 13 at 11:19am
DedValve

quote Axe
Well, we can hope it's just one more thing that gets changed with the EC if it doesn't only pertain to the ending.
The day optimism (and 3 local kansas girls) died.

Jul 22, 13 at 2:15pm
aprilia1k

Is this something that is confirmed? Where did you learn this? When I first looked it up, it was a stock photo of "some model" from a site that provides such things.

So - now it is supposedly the actress who did Tali's voice? Easy enough to confirm I would think..

I was personally glad they "unmasked" her -- was tiring of all the back-and-forth bickering about what she would look like, people referring to "peeking" into the helmet - which was a _GENERIC_ form that was used for any fully helmeted character, and certainly not meant to indicate more than the approximate location of the glowing eyes - even their "slant" can be/could be debated... so- I was glad. There are those who'll just deny - good for them. But for me - this must be what Tali looks like- as far as the specifics and the supposed plot-holes around "how did she " get a pic in this setting, with no biosuit, etc.. Perhaps it was a VI that simply took HER exact likeness and inserted in to a "picturesque" setting. Not much of a stretch, IMHO.

Anyway - peace.

SF Aprila1k

Jun 17, 13 at 12:30pm
RAW117

in case you guys didn't know. yes it is photo shopped but its a photo shop of the person who plays tali's voice.

Sep 04, 12 at 8:11am
Wariyaka

That picture is like the perfect idiom on what Bioware have become...

Aug 13, 12 at 8:41pm
Fatherbrain30

i actually like the design, although the fingers are supposed to be fatter, but the lazyness of it...

Aug 13, 12 at 4:48pm
bigben4879

Never saw it but always wondered.

Aug 07, 12 at 10:40pm
Vicarious

quote crazymushroom
I actually always pictured Tali with a face similar to the photo found in Man sheps room. But here's the thing, Tali is Bioware's creation. They can make her look as human, or a unhuman as they want. Tali's face is a bit thinner than her model's, and those nifty tattoos. I like how she looks in the picture.
It's not really that for me, it's that they were so lazy about it. They stole (borrowed?) a stock image and just quickly edited it. That just shows no dedication or care at all to the fans.

Hell Fire it may have been easier but they probably would have had to go and find one and pay a bit of money. They wouldn't want to do that.

Aug 07, 12 at 6:42pm
crazymushroom

I actually always pictured Tali with a face similar to the photo found in Man sheps room. But here's the thing, Tali is Bioware's creation. They can make her look as human, or a unhuman as they want. Tali's face is a bit thinner than her model's, and those nifty tattoos. I like how she looks in the picture.

Jul 20, 12 at 3:42am
Hell Fire

I always wanted to see Tali unmasked. Today I unfortunately chose a Geth related option so that won't ever be happening in game for me.

As for stealing a stock image, I find it amusing. How easy would it have been to take a photo of a model or something?