Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Final Fantasy X HD to be remade from the ground up » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 14, 12 at 11:47amLOD-squa

One of the most iconic entries in the long-running Final Fantasy series is getting a graphical overhaul.

When Final Fantasy X was released on the PS2 - the first entry on the platform - fans were blown away by the amazing graphics, smooth rendering, and flawless animation. Today, it seems almost completely outdated.

So to re-energize the feelings that gamers had when they experienced the game for the first time, Square Enix will be remastering the entire experience in HD and will be releasing it on the PS3.

Square Enix has become popular for re-releasing its titles on new platforms, in a big to not only bring back memories for fans who have been playing for over a decade, but also to introduce new players to the franchise's history.

The publisher has remade titles dating back to the first one, with Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II making their way to the PSP, and every entry through Final Fantasy IX being re-released as digital downloads.

The more recent ones, like Final Fantasy VII, have been simple re-releases. Square Enix hasn't actively gone in and changed the experience, but Final Fantasy X will be like playing it for the first time again.

It's surprising that this isn't a bigger trend in the gaming world. Of course, in the film industry, studios who haven't remade an old film in HD are crazy, yet there really isn't much of a market for "remastering" video games. Maybe if Final Fantasy X HD sells well, that will change.
Source

I was really interested to hear that the game is being built from the ground up. I expect to see story changes that fix some of the unanswered questions within the game. Perhaps old stories being brought back to live?

With the engine being completely redone it leaves a lot of work to be done with the Battle System/Aeons and I would love to see how this turns out.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 28, 12 at 10:35pm
Angelus

do u guys even read the interviews?

They said it will be like youve never played the game meaning that what they say is true they are gonna have to improve the graphics alot. Theres gonna have to be new camera angles, voice overs, the way the characters move and even new designs for the magic as mentioned above. So its the same game but different.

Jul 21, 12 at 7:23am
timmy3

This game will be a HD remaster. it will play and for the most part look, exactly the same as the original. the only unanswered question as of yet is "will it be a remaster of the PAL version or the NA version?"

The PAL version of this game has more content and was unavailable in the US during it's release for PS2. It includes things such as Dark Aeons, different skill options on the grid as well as 2nd time play-through perks.

If this is just a simple graphical upgrade of the NA version for the PS2, I will not be purchasing this game.

May 22, 12 at 1:51am
midnight_plue

am hoping they remaster it the International version, complete with Dark Aeons. Man those were tough, I could never defeat them except Valefor...

And the Monster Arena and Tidus ultimate weapon, that was freaking hard too!

May 06, 12 at 4:26am
Zack_305

I can't wait any longer!!!!!! I'm gonna die with suspense. I was gonna pass over XIII-2 in favour of XHD but ended up buying it cz I cudnt wait

Apr 18, 12 at 8:40pm
Vicarious

quote amahumahaba
Why the hell does everyone think that they are going to redo the battle system and the sphere grid..the game is going to be getting an HD "repack". It is not a remake, it was never planned as a remake, and it has been said that it is only getting an HD treatment with the possibility of something new in blitzball, likely online play. The only other thing really left to question is whether or not it will be the international edition.
Haha if you go read through this page you will see tha most people don't think it will be remade.

Apr 18, 12 at 4:44pm
amahumahaba

Why the hell does everyone think that they are going to redo the battle system and the sphere grid..the game is going to be getting an HD "repack". It is not a remake, it was never planned as a remake, and it has been said that it is only getting an HD treatment with the possibility of something new in blitzball, likely online play. The only other thing really left to question is whether or not it will be the international edition.

Apr 17, 12 at 3:10pm
kratoscar2011

Maybe add some new monster to the monster arena?

This seems look like a quick Cash in from SE.

Apr 16, 12 at 11:23pm
zestalingrad

Am I the only one hoping for online blitz ball?!?!?

Mar 24, 12 at 9:04am
BlackScythe

There is actually nothing in this article to indicate it is being remade from the ground up. I'm personally just hoping to see a graphics overhaul. My first reaction upon reading this title was total horror. Their last couple outings have shown how poorly Square performs when they try to innovate.

Mar 22, 12 at 8:42am
Abyss Raider

Improved magic effects? I'm sold!