Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XV » Mysterious comments in this week's Famitsu regarding Versus! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Mar 13, 12 at 10:05pmR a i n

Tetsuya Nomura says in this week's Famitsu that he's almost ready with preparations for sharing new Final Fantasy Versus XIII info. So does that mean we can expect an update soon?

Apparently not. According to Nomura, certain circumstances, which he describes as "totally unrelated," are preventing him from sharing the info. He also said that he's not allowed to talk about the situation, so all he can do is continue engaging in discussions. Discussions with who? He didn't say.

Mysterious!

Source.

--

What do you make of that? Trollmura or we have something here?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 30, 12 at 10:50pm
wwwrupamborthakur2

Man, I have all ff games for all consoles but there is something i don't like about XIII and XIV also sucks. When's the almighty FF V/S XIII coming out and please make it Sony Exclusive and not Ps3 Exclusive . Bring it to the Vita as well!

Apr 15, 12 at 9:46am
Fire Fox

Seems like XIII is not their lucky number at at all.

Mar 30, 12 at 1:04pm
Abyss Raider

Kluck
Good to know, I'll stick with the PSP version, then. There's something about the 2D element that I just love!

Mar 29, 12 at 4:59pm
kluck

quote Abyss Raider
Thanks for the advice, kluck. I am running low on good PSP games, I'll definitely give FFIV a try on that, then!
I should probably mention, IV on the DS is 3D as opposed to the original 2D. It looks amazing, but it comes down to personal preference. (That and the DS version doesn't have "IV: After Years.")

Mar 29, 12 at 4:12pm
ShadowGuard

quote Angelus
Its funny how everybody is saying the hype has killed versus already and "just drop the whole project" but if u guys didnt care about the game than why are u coming into this forum and complaining about how bad the production team is and all that other crap you guys have been saying?

I for one am not gonna sit and bitch about how square are failing but praise them on their hard workmanship.
I said the hype has killed the game already, but I dont want it to be cancelled and I for one think the game is going to be great. But after reading posts on FF forums for the past 5-6 years, I can tell you that majority of the fans will over-hype this game and be disappointed in the final product, then spread their hatred over the internet where others will succumb to the opinion. I already know a couple people on this board that it will happen to and I am sure they will let it be known AROUND the NET, in every thread, just how much they hate the game; because they dont want you to forget how much they hate the game.

Mar 29, 12 at 6:34am
Abyss Raider

Thanks for the advice, kluck. I am running low on good PSP games, I'll definitely give FFIV a try on that, then!

Mar 28, 12 at 9:32pm
kluck

quote R a i n
quote kluck
quote R a i n
Versus can be the best Final Fantasy ever! Even better than the overrated FF7 and even if it misses, it'll still be in the top 5.
Assumption. Good graphics/first impressions don't make a good game.
That being said, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about Versus for the time being and cling to the small hope of a dubbed Type-0.
I wonder why people just pick a random sentence to quote without actually following the discussion.

Did you even read Lavaman's post where he compared Versus to XIII & XIII-2? Unless he can travel into the future, it looks like he was making an assumption too.

*Sigh. Resists replying to the "If I were you" comment*
I did go over Lavaman's post, but it's not like it's hard to top XIII/2. (as much as I loved them)

Anyway, sorry for coming off arrogant with the 'if I were you' comment. I was looking at the bigger picture, and I totally understand that it's not the point and/or not what you're interested in. What I was trying to get at is if a game that was received as well as Type-0 was doesn't get localized, the chances of a localization for Versus is much slimmer too.

Of course these are both unlikely and worse case scenarios, but it still doesn't hurt to put them in small consideration.

quote Abyss Raider
Actually, neither, I never got the chance to play the SNES FFII, or the original, although I do plan on getting IV off the PSN soon. I was more leaning toward the Dawn of Souls remake for the GBA... I wasted so many hours with that game just OPing Leon and Firion in the core game, and Minwu and Ricard in rebirth.
Sounds good. Dawn of souls was one of the few remakes I didn't actually pick up. But yeah, if you have a PSP you should definitely check out IV's complete collection. [/color]

Mar 28, 12 at 5:29am
Abyss Raider

quote kluck
If you're talking about the 1991 Super Nintendo "Final Fantasy II", then I totally dig it too.

If you're actually talking about Final Fantasy II, it's woeful.
Actually, neither, I never got the chance to play the SNES FFII, or the original, although I do plan on getting IV off the PSN soon. I was more leaning toward the Dawn of Souls remake for the GBA... I wasted so many hours with that game just OPing Leon and Firion in the core game, and Minwu and Ricard in rebirth.

Mar 28, 12 at 5:13am
Angelus

Its funny how everybody is saying the hype has killed versus already and "just drop the whole project" but if u guys didnt care about the game than why are u coming into this forum and complaining about how bad the production team is and all that other crap you guys have been saying?

I for one am not gonna sit and bitch about how square are failing but praise them on their hard workmanship.

Mar 28, 12 at 4:06am
R a i n

quote kluck
quote R a i n
Versus can be the best Final Fantasy ever! Even better than the overrated FF7 and even if it misses, it'll still be in the top 5.
Assumption. Good graphics/first impressions don't make a good game.
That being said, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about Versus for the time being and cling to the small hope of a dubbed Type-0. [/color]
I wonder why people just pick a random sentence to quote without actually following the discussion.

Did you even read Lavaman's post where he compared Versus to XIII & XIII-2? Unless he can travel into the future, it looks like he was making an assumption too.

*Sigh. Resists replying to the "If I were you" comment*