NeoCraft isn't dead. We're starting again. This time with Terraria and Minecraft, both a bit differerent. Terraria will have big boss fights, explorations, contests and more (post your ideas). We're running TShock atm (no public server is properly set up as of yet).
Minecraft will be also very different. One world? Lame. People explore everything in a week and suddenly things become boring. It sucks when you find a cave a friend has already salvaged. Therefore we will aim to have multiple worlds:
1) Central - Main world, creative. Nobody can build except moderators which will have strict rules on what they can make. This isn't survival. Inventories will carry across these worlds. This is the place people spawn in, so we need to make a good first impression.
2) Survival Central - The main survival world. People should make their houses here. You can only build here if you've been approved on our upcoming forums. You can't use water, lava, TNT, etc. If you want a pool you'll need to have a moderator make it.
3) Rotation - Think of "The Faraway Tree". These worlds will have the same permissions as above, except their only purpose is to explore. Every week the map will change, so fresh caves will appear. Maps will of course be kept for download. Don't build your house here, it will disappear!
4) Nether - This counts as a seperate world because nether portals will be disabled. Obsidian frames everywhere are horrible. This is a world similar to Survival Central, it won't change very often if at all. You'll need permissions to do anything, water/lava can be picked up but upon returning to other worlds it will disappear.
5) Sky? - Don't know if this will happen yet, but it will be a skylands place. I might not have enough RAM to load all these worlds with a good amount of players, and Terraria on top.
If I can code this correctly, if you die in 1) or 2) you will keep all your items. You'll loose something though (still working out what to do...) If you die in 3 or 4 or 5 items will drop like normal. The semi-whitelist idea of signing up before you build [this may be dropped] will get rid of most griefing. Everyone will need to go through me to be approved.
We'll still have something here, but our main website (I've bought it, setting it up later) will be neocraftgaming.com (terraria.neocraftgaming.com, minecraft.neocraftgaming.com, forums.neocraftgaming.com).
Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)
May 27, 12 at 2:39pm
You are probably right..... sigh.
On another note, if anyone wants to play I have a small Hamachi server.
May 25, 12 at 10:22pm
I'll have to agree with Cheeseman here. Face it, NeoCraft will most likely never come back. Ever since 1.8, NeoCraft has been dead. While there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance NeoCraft will come back within the next 10 Minecraft updates, it most likely won't happen. Ever. I'm sorry to break it to everyone who was really hoping NeoCraft would come back.
The reason the thread fell back is the server has made no progress in what will soon be a year.
May 25, 12 at 6:05pm
Thread started to melt away so *BUMP*
May 14, 12 at 8:37am
Well, I haven't been really a "formal" player in neoCraft but I will drop more often now! :>
May 13, 12 at 1:33pm
So have all the old players know about this? I don't want anyone to be missing out but I think everyone has already posted.
May 07, 12 at 5:52am
Benedict if you're going to pull this thing off successfully you're going to want to get a whitelisted world up first, and then do the website and the community world.
Once you have the MC worlds up and running the mods can build spawns and stuff while you work on the site.
♛ ᒪᗩᓮḰᗩ ♛
May 05, 12 at 5:31pm
Luckily I have the technic launcher so I'll be able to join either way. Buuuut here's a list of pros of con of vanilla bukkit and Tekkit: Tekkit: Tekkit is still in Minecraft version 1.1, meaning no jungles, ocelots, improved AI, etc. Has more and better sounds. Bukkit-comaptible BUT Hence before, it's still MC version 1.1, meaning we have to use older versions of plugins, that have the possibility of more bugs. More awesome stuff with IC2, Buildcraft, etc A separate launcher will be needed to join the server, which makes people have to go out of their way to join the server. Bukkit: Anyone can join Bukkit servers any time without the need of something else besides the normal MC launcher. Bukkit can be up to date, meaning up to date plugins, meaning the plugins will have less bugs. Bukkit has less features than Tekkit, while at the same time more. (There are more plugins available for 1.2.5 than 1.1, meaning more possible plugins than Tekkit, but at the same time, not having any server mods like Buildcraft, IC2, etc etc.)
That's all I can list for now. Please take all of this into consideration Benedict.
May 05, 12 at 12:48pm
Muh, maybe. I like tekkit so possibly.
May 05, 12 at 12:19pm
How about we do it rotation style? One week Bukkit, One week Tekkit, and one week TFCraft SMP. C:
Powered by neoforums v1.6.5b (aperture) Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2013