Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Mario Kart 7 » Hate the tanooki tail » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Mar 12, 12 at 5:17amManicWolf

Does anyone else hate the tanooki tail item on here? Items are meant to help you in some way, but more often than not the tanooki tail is a hindrance. You can't skid - and therefore mini-turbo boost - while you're using them, and often they last too long too. You'll get one at one set of item points, and even if you use it straight away it'll often last until just AFTER you've passed the next lot of items, meaning you're unable to get a new item. Then inevitably the person behind you will get a red shell, your tanooki tail will disappear two seconds later, and you'll be left completely defenceless against their red shell if they fire it before you get to the next lot of items. Seriously annoying!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 24, 12 at 9:17pm
Mishachu

I personally love the tanooki tail. It actually can get rid of red shells if u time it right, and you can drift with it. I've done it a million times. And I think it just looks kinda cute the way pops out of the back of your cart. =)

Aug 22, 12 at 11:13am
Vengence M33T C00L

tanooki tail?
=shoddy
=ball sucking
=time wasting
=irritating

in short, a piece of garbage about as lovable as justin biebers napoleon dick

lololol. (true though)

Jul 13, 12 at 6:15am
Thrawn

quote Kokoro
quote witch_king
It's pretty sad that I never even realized at first that if you swing the Tanooki Tail at red shells you don't lose it.
I didn't even realize that at all, until I saw your post.
Yeah, I recently saw someone do it online.

Jun 05, 12 at 4:42am
pharaoh

It is certainly difficult to use the tanooki tail but it can guard from 3 red shells and it isn't nullified if I clash other opponents.
So, I think it is useful when I'm in 1th or 2th but it is useless when I'm in 5th or under.

Jun 04, 12 at 3:47am
Kokoro

quote witch_king
It's pretty sad that I never even realized at first that if you swing the Tanooki Tail at red shells you don't lose it.
I didn't even realize that at all, until I saw your post.

Jun 03, 12 at 10:07pm
pjc582

The tanooki tail really sucks and so do bloopers. They both equally piss me off.

May 27, 12 at 5:38am
Thrawn

May 27, 12 at 5:30am
Kokoro

quote FoneBoneFan15
Tanooki Tail should be retired from future Mario Kart games. Why? Because you have to get close to an opponent to hit him/her.
That's true, but on the other hand, it stops Green Shells and Red Shells from hitting you. It does look cool too. So I think it should stay.

May 26, 12 at 10:20pm
dbzmaster

quote Tyler
The tail sucks, I was one time in 1st place, then I get the dumb tail. Then some fool got 3 red shells and then, BAM! it just runs out, the tail should be removed from mario kart 7 forever!
You have to use it and hit them.

May 26, 12 at 6:17pm
Tyler

The tanooki tail is almost as useless as a bannana peel