Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Solid HD Collection » Snake Eater - Peace Walker Trophy » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Mar 06, 12 at 5:15amDantess26

I was just wandering what counts as a kill and what doesn't?

For example: I threw a venomous snake at a guard and he was bit, spasmed a little, then died. Does that count as a kill? Or is it because the caged animal poisoned him, and not me actually delivering the blow, that it doesn't count?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 29, 12 at 8:22am
Crazy Dave

quote alexthach3
do bosses count because the fear was a big pain to tranq. so i killed him does that mean i dont get the peacewalker trophy?
Nope, boss are not included in human kill category. You can defeat them lethal/non-lethal ways without affecting the trophy requirement.

Just make sure soldiers and ocelot units are not killed. Natural death is not counted as kill either.

Aug 22, 12 at 10:47am
alexthach3

do bosses count because the fear was a big pain to tranq. so i killed him does that mean i dont get the peacewalker trophy?

Jun 17, 12 at 10:02am
EricF

The Sorrow boss fight is amazing when you don't kill anybody haha. Ridiculously easy.

Jun 17, 12 at 3:06am
Crazy Dave

If you noticed in the socreboard after story completion:

Humans Killed : X amount ---> It has to be "0" in order to get Peace Walker Trophy.

Thus, killing animals does not cancelled the achievement.

Also "non-lethal kills" is not counted as kill even though Snake's action trigger the enemy's death:

A) Electrocute the enemy by pushing them to electric fence
B) Poison the enemy (Snake/Spider/Scorpion)
C) Drown the unconcious enemy
D) Throw off the enemy into pitfall/cliffs
E) Shoot the drum which cause the explosion hence kill the nearby enemy

All these actions are not counted as lethal-kill, i tried it and i didn't witnessed any "dead soldier" during the Sorrow's river walkthrough (except the COBRAS).

As long as Snake's action does not inflict "direct damage" to the enemy, it will not be counted as kill, more like "natural death". BTW, explosives such as TNT and grenade still counted as kill cause it's Snake's arsenal. Drums are not.

PS: There're 2 equipment that will help players to get this trophy plain easy and cheap; Stealth Camo or EZ Gun

Jun 01, 12 at 7:10pm
EricF

quote Xonora
Well, I got through the entire game and found that I killed 1 guy. The problem is I can't remember who I killed, since I made sure not to kill anyone.
Damn, that sucks. I was extremely worried trying to get this achievement because halfway through the game I only questioned whether you were allowed to kill the animals you ate or not. Thankfully killing them didn't affect the achievement.

Apr 14, 12 at 11:27pm
Xonora

Well, I got through the entire game and found that I killed 1 guy. The problem is I can't remember who I killed, since I made sure not to kill anyone.

Mar 13, 12 at 6:34am
Silent_Crow

quote Dantess26
quote Silent_Crow
It's just a shame that the 'Snake Eyes' and 'The cats out of the bag' trophies have glitched for me so i can't get the platinum trophy .
Oh man, why'd they glitch? I got Cats out of the Bag no problems, just forgot to look at the Boss when she was lying on the ground (the first hidden R1 view, I think).

My question was basically asking how far back the 'food history' goes? Does it record all eaten animals/plants from the Virtous mission all the way to the end of the game? Or does it only record so many? Because there seems to be a cut off point...

It doesn't really matter now anyway, i'll probably do another playthrough in the future, I'm sure it's the King Cobra I forgot to pick up in the desert/mountains- pretty sure I forgot to re-catch it again after reloading to an earlier save file
Don't know why they glitched, the EU versions do tend to. Oh and yeah the food history carries on from the Virtuous mission into Snake Eater but not if you make another save after completing the game, it will restart if you do a new game.

Mar 11, 12 at 10:06am
Dantess26

quote Silent_Crow
It's just a shame that the 'Snake Eyes' and 'The cats out of the bag' trophies have glitched for me so i can't get the platinum trophy .
Oh man, why'd they glitch? I got Cats out of the Bag no problems, just forgot to look at the Boss when she was lying on the ground (the first hidden R1 view, I think).

My question was basically asking how far back the 'food history' goes? Does it record all eaten animals/plants from the Virtous mission all the way to the end of the game? Or does it only record so many? Because there seems to be a cut off point...

It doesn't really matter now anyway, i'll probably do another playthrough in the future, I'm sure it's the King Cobra I forgot to pick up in the desert/mountains- pretty sure I forgot to re-catch it again after reloading to an earlier save file

Mar 10, 12 at 9:23am
Silent_Crow

quote Dantess26
quote Silent_Crow
No throwing the snake does not count. I threw a poisonous frog at a dude and he died and i still got the peace walker trophy.
Yeah I got my Peace Walker trophy too. Didn't get all the trophies I was aiming for in one playthrough- don't you just hate it when you get 47/48 fauna/flaura?

Think I missed one of the snakes... King Cobra I'm betting! Can anyone confirm if the 'food history' in the survival viewer doesn't stretch all the way to the start of the game? It seems like it can only fit on the latest so many meals you've munched
Forgive me if i don't understand your question but you don't have to eat all the foods only catch them, just make sure you don't eat the tsuchinoko as i think this cancels your markhor emblem. At the end if you carried the tsuchinoko till the end then you will get the tsuchinoko emblem but still get the markhor trophy. And yeah i know what you mean i missed the mountain spider (forgot the name) so i couldn't get the trophy. But o had to do another playthrough so it didn't bother me. I'ts just a shame that the 'Snake Eyes' and 'The cats out of the bag' trophies have glitched for me so i can't get the platinum trophy .

Mar 09, 12 at 2:21am
Dantess26

quote Silent_Crow
No throwing the snake does not count. I threw a poisonous frog at a dude and he died and i still got the peace walker trophy.
Yeah I got my Peace Walker trophy too. Didn't get all the trophies I was aiming for in one playthrough- don't you just hate it when you get 47/48 fauna/flaura?

Think I missed one of the snakes... King Cobra I'm betting! Can anyone confirm if the 'food history' in the survival viewer doesn't stretch all the way to the start of the game? It seems like it can only fit on the latest so many meals you've munched