Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » The Lobby » The Weather » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Note: The ethos of the forum we're attempting to cultivate is one of mutual respect for each other as well as the promotion of interesting conversation in a mature, yet casual, environment. We ask posters to keep this aim in mind whenever making a contribution here.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 04, 12 at 12:27amSnow Ball

Right now, it's already March and we haven't gotten a lot of snow this winter for some reason. I always found it pretty weird that I normally don't enjoy winter but still like getting a lot of snow, at least until spring begins. Also, the bright side of getting enough snow on a weekday is that we don't have to go to school, which I like. But the reason why I don't like winter, or even late fall and early spring sometimes, is because I often can't stand being outside in temperatures below 30 degrees. I'm normally a summer person because I like to be outside when it's warm so I can hang out and do stuff. I also like it best when it's between 80-89 degrees, which is reasonably warm but not too hot.

Anyway, what time of year do you like best in terms of climate and why? Also, what type of weather conditions and temperatures do you have in your area depending on where you live?

Note - I know my username is pretty ironic for this reason, although it's completely irrelevant to how I actually feel.

LOD: Added tags.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 25, 12 at 11:29pm
Pikachu

Its been humid as hell and cloudy. My sinuses are begging for murder.

Mar 25, 12 at 11:26pm
Kokoro

It's a bit cooler now with it being in the 50's and 60's. Before then, it got up to the 80's here. Just wow.

Mar 25, 12 at 9:43pm
Roy

Eh, it's been a little stormy the past two days, but it looks like better during the week. Still going to be in 70's and 60's, but it looks like in the 40's and 50's and nights this week. I wish it would be in the 50's only at night though, but I guess after Low Pressure System comes in, it does this.

Mar 24, 12 at 3:24pm
Toby

Britain was the hottest place in Europe today apparently Apparently more of the same to follow...shame I'm working/at interviews 6 days out of 7 next week ¬¬

Mar 11, 12 at 10:23pm
Kokoro

quote Roy
I am reading that it is supposed to be warming up into the 70's all this week after Sunday. Hopefully, if it continues, I will be swimming in my pool maybe the first week in April, if it doesn't get cold at night, that is.
I wouldn't be too surprised if it got that high here soon at this rate. It was just 60 here earlier.

Mar 11, 12 at 9:25pm
Roy

quote LOD-squa
quote Roy
I am reading that it is supposed to be warming up into the 70's all this week after Sunday. Hopefully, if it continues, I will be swimming in my pool maybe the first week in April, if it doesn't get cold at night, that is.
Just move to florida. It's usually 70+ for about 80% of the year. The other 20% is random weather that makes absolutely no sense.

quote castlewars
I used to, and I still do, love snowball fights, so I'd say the winter. Two years ago our school was closed for a whole week!
The one thing that I would like to see at least once in my life is snow. Hopefully I get to go to one of the northern states during winter at some point.
I thought you always have lived in Florida. Where did you live before?

Mar 11, 12 at 7:33pm
Cirno

I don't have a favorite season; I would like the spring if it weren't for my allergies! >:[ It's sunny but not hot and it's closer to the end of the school year. I'd like summer but I can't stand hot weather.

Over here in Western Washington it rains a whole bunch, so it's always wet and when it snows it snows a lot. ( But not as much as Eastern Washington! :o ) We had a whole week of school off because of the snow in January! I really hate the snow since I get cabin fever ( and it keeps cancelling my band field trips >:o ).

Mar 11, 12 at 7:09pm
Snow Ball

Even though I'm enjoying it, I'm surprised people are still posting in this thread.

quote Scarchelli
I never understood why anyone would want a snow day? You just have to make it up at the end of the year...aka in the summer...

I guess it's cool if you go snowboarding or something, but otherwise, I don't see why anyone would like snow days.
That's not entirely true. Where I live, we usually get one or two built-in snow days. It's only after that when they replace it with parts of spring break or at the end of the school year.

Mar 11, 12 at 7:05pm
Fury

quote LOD-squa
I live in Orange County Florida, Fury. We do have that system. Back during 2004 we ended up using a good chunk of the Bad Weather days due to the 3 hurricanes that hit us. Schools were closed for about a week in my area so it took away from springbreak/thanksgiving time.
Yeah, same thing here. 2004 we had a week off at least, maybe more. Much of the area was without power for several days. I think we ended up having an extra week of school at the end of the year, instead of trimming the holidays.

They decided to implement the new system after that and we haven't had a hurricane effect us since.

Mar 11, 12 at 12:50pm
LOD-squa

I live in Orange County Florida, Fury. We do have that system. Back during 2004 we ended up using a good chunk of the Bad Weather days due to the 3 hurricanes that hit us. Schools were closed for about a week in my area so it took away from springbreak/thanksgiving time.