Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Warriors Orochi 3 » No English Audio and Limited Release (Digital Download only for PSN NA) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 02, 12 at 6:55pmSaikyo Mantis

Nai eigo, moshiwake arimasen! (No English language, sorry.)

With the latest in the Orochi SW/DW crossover series, Koei-Tecmo has chosen to cut costs and relese WO3 overseas, but with no English audio and other limitations. The original Japanese voices will remain as the minimum in localization is achieved in subtitles. According to a recent Destructoid article, Warriors Orochi 3 will be released in Europe and North America in the typical retail (discs on store shelves) fashion, minus a severe exception. In North America, WO3 for the PlayStation 3 will only be available on the PlayStation Network as a digital download.

WO3 Release Breakdown:

EUROPE
PS3: Retail | 30 March 2012
Xbox 360: Retail | 30 March 2012

NORTH AMERICA
PS3: PSN Digital Download | 20 March 2012
Xbox 360: Retail | 20 March 2012

Reactions

What is your reaction to this? For me, it is a little disappointing. I'm thankful they are even releasing overseas, but it is so half-hearted. No English language -- not preferable, but I can get over that. But I can't even give it a rental try (through GameFly) when it is isolated as a digital download. And after playing the satisfying SW3 on the Wii, I wonder, what is the point? Surely all the characters suffer some kind of cutback to fit in WO3 anyway (DW7 characters lose their second musou, SW3 characters lose their spirit gauge).

The way it is pared-down, it is like they turned what could of been a celebration of the two flagship franchises into a miserable mention, some forgotten footnote as they push forward to bigger and better projects (imagine how great DW8 will be with all that DW7 DLC weapons fixing the clone problem). At least there's One Piece Musou to look forward to now...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 23, 12 at 9:52am
Raijin1999

Hey, just as a heads up there is no region lock on this game, so you can go ahead and buy the UK version and still connect with people on the US version. (If you own both versions though the saves wont be compatible between the two, it's 1 save for each version).

Apr 22, 12 at 3:50am
Cruel Angel Thesis

I got myself the R3 version of the game. Thank goodness it's on a disc release since I don't think my CRAPPY internet can handle to download that game.

Apr 17, 12 at 11:19am
ShadowGuard

Totally did not see this thread, I feel like an idiot now. I guess that is a pretty decent reason to do Digital Only, and they even gave a price cut. Cant really complain about it anymore I guess.

Apr 17, 12 at 10:13am
Raijin1999

Okay, so the official reason why this was not permitted a retail release is...

"...Warriors Orochi 3 only has Japanese voice acting and Sony won’t allow games without English voiceovers to be released in retail."

Thus the reduced price of the game on PSN. (50, not 60-65$ USD if you count taxes).

In essence Sony doesn't want to encourage half-assed imports for full price. I can respect that, cuz even if the quality of English VOs are typically garbage in KOEI games, at least knowing what was said can give you a better perspective of what's going on in-game. Not all the spoken dialogue in-game has captions.

Apr 07, 12 at 2:48pm
Raijin1999

Are you cereal? I bought it on PSN on a whim, cuz I was too lazy to walk a block to gamestop. I didnt even know it wasn't available at gamestop for the ps3.... Wow, that sucks. Granted, to be quite honest i'm liking this game more than any other DW game (including gundam) that i've played before, sans empires, since empires is more tactics and squad commands which the hardline DW series never really got into.

The 'fresh' story that isn't another idiotic retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story, that focus more on characters (yeah, DW...focusing on characters....effin' strange, I know) has made it much more enjoyable. Let alone KOEI has tossed in charcters from their other games, granted not all of them are awesome, like the atrocity that was Souls of Zil Oh or whatever it was called, counter balanced with Achilles from Legends of Troy, Joan of Arc from Bladestorm (favorite KOEI strategy game ever), and Ayane and Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, possibly more I haven't seen yet, and though this game doesn't have a character create mode, it does have a first in history Map Maker, with online share capabilities and online coop for every mission (2 player max).

Really the only thing that bugs me is the lack of English support, because there's many spoken lines of dialogue that are not accompanied by captions. Small things, but enough to make you feel deprived of something. Not sure why the Xbox is getting a retail release. That's bullcrap. In case anybody was wondering, the game is 11GB, that's actually pretty hefty for a digidownload game.

Going to go nuke the Koei forums later in retaliation. Not being able to rent this pisses me off, and with sony's new policy on game sharing, that makes a full price listing and 2 console limit all the more infuriating. This thing BETTER support 2 console game share online-simultaneously. Better not have lockout (1 console playing it online in 24 hours) restrictions.

Apr 05, 12 at 9:57am
Zhaokimura Yunada

So i honestly didn't think that not having dialogue in English would bother me, but holy FuXi it's driving me nuts. Making matters worse is the fact that none of the character's Japanese voices sound even close to their WO2 English voices.

...Other than that, I have no real complaints

Apr 01, 12 at 12:27pm
warriors orochi

ok then. i appreciate that. luckily theres only a five more day wait until you're able to purchase it. i think i am going to just order the EU version of it off of yesasia.com whenever they happen to have it available on their website for order anyhow.

Mar 31, 12 at 7:19pm
Obi9000

We haven't gt it yet we need wait till the 6th April

Mar 30, 12 at 3:51pm
warriors orochi

because im thinking of importing for the hard copy and the hope of it being able to be switched to english voice track in the language settings of the game if available so id appreciate it if you could tell me if your games have that option.

Mar 30, 12 at 3:49pm
warriors orochi

to uk ps3 player-
do the games in your country have the language option of changing the voice track to english?