Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XIII-2 » Proto-Behemoth in Academia 500AF » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Note: Before posting please look at the Forum Rules and Guidelines
Note:If asking for help please create a new thread to do so.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Feb 25, 12 at 6:22pmShadowGuard

How do you beat this guy? I have tried two different tactics, both ended in the same result.

1) I go right after the Behemoth from the beginning, but when he gets down to about 40% health, he stands up, regains all health, and destroys my team in two hits.

2) I go after the two Saboteur things, heal with Serah... After I kill the two Saboteurs, I go after the Behemoth, but again, when he gets down to 40% health, he stands, regains all his health, and wipes me out. I have tried to Deprotect him and buff my guys with a Frantic Dance from my ally Saboteur, but I simply cannot beat him.

Is there a strategy of some sort or do I have simply have to get stronger and wipe him out before he gets a chance to stand up...

I have a lvl 24 Golden Chocobo, lvl 34 Yakshini, lvl 34 BunkerBeast as my monster party pack.
Noel (ATK:615, MAG:389, HEALTH: 6597) is:
COM: 99
RAV: 99
SEN: 80
SAB: 99
MED: 24
SYN: 0

Serah (ATK:279, MAG:468, HEALTH: 4426) is:
COM: 51
RAV: 99
SEN: 53
SYN: 99
MED: 99
SAB: 0

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 27, 12 at 11:18pm
Maehlice

Proto-Behemoth can be beaten by a less-than-maxed party given the right strategy, but it takes a lotta luck if you're not in the final stages of the Crystarium.

PARADIGMS (Leader = Noel):

Cerberus-X (COM/COM/COM)
Aggression-X (COM/RAV/COM)
Aggression-X (COM/RAV/COM) -- (yes, there are 2)
Diversity-X (COM/RAV/MED)
Evened Odds-X (SAB/MED/SYN)
Safe Subversion-X (SAB/SAB/MED)

RECOMMENDED MONSTERS:

Just about any can do the job if you've raised them well, but if you've neglected your monsters, here are some good last-minute choices.

Golden Chocobo - easy to level; good starting stats
Twilight Odin - Poison Chaser
Yakshini - Fanatical Dance
Green Chocobo - my favourite Medic and one I've had all game

(Infusing Resist Physical +36%, HP +30% and Strength +35% (if you have a Tonberry handy) into your COM is highly recommended.)

NOTABLE EQUIPMENT:

Romulus & Remus / Indrait (ATB Rate +50%)

Black Belt (physical resistance +15%)
Metal Armband (resist deprotect 66%)

(Farming Immortal on The Archylte Steppe is well worth it for the weapons he drops.)

If you find yourself losing too much life to the proto-behemoth while fighting Schrödinger's cats, consider a Metal Armband. Black Belt speaks for itself. Otherwise, whatever increases your attack stats (Str/Mag).

THE FIGHT:

Phase 1: Kill off Schrödinger's cats. Start off in Cerberus and alternate with Aggression/Diversity/Evened Odds. Focus ONLY on the two Schrödingers. If you find this phase dragging on, favour Evened Odds when healing and pray Yakshini casts Bravery, Faith and En-something. (Too bad Veil isn't as good as it should be.)

Phase 2: Buff up & spam Wound. Alternate between Safe Subversion and Evened Odds. (I favoured Evened Odds, because I found Serah doing too much damage via debuffs and early Poison.) Before it stands up, you must have Protect, Bravery & En-something on your whole party as well as Poison, Deprotect & Deshell on your foe. Proto-behemoth won't stand up until its health is ~35% of max. Wound does minimal damage and reduces max HP; spamming wound will reduce its remaining HP much more than if you just go all out. Near the end of this phase, use Yakshini's Feral Link then switch to Safe Subversion until proto-behemoth stands. As best as possible, save the debuffs and Poison for the very end right before it stands.

Phase 3: Attack. As soon as it stands up, switch to Cerberus for a round followed by one round of Aggression.

Phase 4: Meteor Javelin + Feral Link(s) + Ultima Arrow. You should just barely have enough time to do a final paradigm shift into your second Aggression set. This should be a full ATB switch, so pull out every special attack you can muster. Lead with Meteor Javelin and keep mashing 'X' or 'Square' to unleash a Feral Link right after that.

Despite all of your preparation, it still takes some luck, so good luck.

Sep 27, 12 at 4:36pm
parishill755

you need to leval up all roles and ur monster to 99 academia the red one is good for levalling up good luck

Sep 24, 12 at 11:53am
Mike R

I just Jump right in the middle of the platform, then jump out onto the stairs, completely passing up the fight. After hundreds of hours of gametime, I have come to the Conclusion this is a fight u have to get lucky Retrying. I refuse to use the retry option, as it seems to make leveling pointless.

Sep 17, 12 at 2:22am
bunachan

LOL, my fight with him was quick and got two of my people ko'd. I went COM-RAV-RAV and maxed at that (Noel and Serah in those respective classes) and literally knocked him down to critical so fast and JUST before he restored his health, I had just enough time to nail in Meteor Javelin. Haha, he got a swing and killed the two others on the ground though, but I was able to revive them with the two weak SABs left.

Apr 09, 12 at 1:16pm
shaunybaby

quote Abyss Raider
quote shaunybaby
I don't even know how to make them spawn.
You have to start their appropriate quests in the hunter's camp, then go to the correct weather, Ochu will spawn in the Clearwater Marshes, and Immortal will spawn in the Grave area (Where the yellow Cactuar statue is.)
Oh I see, I was under the impression that they just spawned after you beat the game. thank you though.

Apr 09, 12 at 8:40am
Abyss Raider

quote shaunybaby
You have to start their appropriate quests in the hunter's camp, then go to the correct weather, Ochu will spawn in the Clearwater Marshes, and Immortal will spawn in the Grave area (Where the yellow Cactuar statue is.)

Apr 09, 12 at 6:17am
shaunybaby

quote Abyss Raider
Bluedragon rox
What Shaunybaby said, there's Ochu for the Rainy weather, and Immortal for the strange foggy weather (the yellowish one that spawns a lot of robots.) If you can beat Long Gui, you'll have no problem with Ochu and Immortal, but keep on respawning those two, they drop some nasty weapons.

Apr 09, 12 at 4:09am
Yggdrasill

Bluedragon rox, also, note that in order for them to respawn, you'll have to change the weather after defeating them, then go to the historia crux, and then come back in the Steppe, re-change the weather, and fight them again.

And indeed, the Immortal and Ochu give great weapons, respectively ATB+50% weapons, and Combo Bonus V (if the name is the same as in french). The ones dropped by the Immortal are a must have.

Apr 08, 12 at 3:54pm
Abyss Raider

Bluedragon rox
What Shaunybaby said, there's Ochu for the Rainy weather, and Immortal for the strange foggy weather (the yellowish one that spawns a lot of robots.) If you can beat Long Gui, you'll have no problem with Ochu and Immortal, but keep on respawning those two, they drop some nasty weapons.

Apr 08, 12 at 12:04pm
shaunybaby

quote bluedragon rox
finally beat long gui. ( for some reason i had to resort to closing the gate on and then redoing sunleth, but whatev) are there any other bosses in the steppe besides long gui and yomi? if so, where are they?
I think there is one for every weather type.