Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Monster Hunter Portable 3rd » Jhen mohran. Wtf!? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 21, 12 at 9:15amXcrimsonfatalisX

Me and my brother have tried countless times but have come to no success.
Do you have any ways to kill it? I'm so keen on high rank quests, but this is stopping it hahaha xD
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 02, 12 at 7:23pm
XcrimsonfatalisX

What about the dune bow, isn't he weak against dragon too? And what armor do you think I should use?

Mar 02, 12 at 12:33am
Narcissus

I wouldn't suggest rolling Jho's roar to somebody struggling with him to be honest.
The best bet is to use a weapon that can block if he is killing you too often, but if you want to chance your arm then use either the Green Narga or Jinouga Bow.

The best time I've had is with a HBG, but that requires a lot of practice

Stick at it, Jho is a big wuss.

Feb 29, 12 at 9:00pm
subzero

just study jho's movements and you'll get rid of him soon. jho is weak to pierce btw aside from dragon and thunder. you can also roll its roar and all of its attacks without evade skills and if you will use evade skills, evade1 is enough. you can also use meats on djho. here's some vids that can provide guides.

DS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lV3c8kjaOw

bow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWd2FPt6c8

Feb 29, 12 at 7:39pm
XcrimsonfatalisX

It was just a case of the jhen being an absolute bitch about it xD we ended up repelling it before you could post a comment and I was thinking about taking the thread down but I thought I should leave it there for future references or if another person is having troubles with it.
Just really quickly, how does one kill a deviljho? That thing is just like a rajang ._. In a sense, I find mhp3rd a hell lot easier than freedom unite, I think I've come up on about 900 hours gameplay so I've got a little experience under my belt. Sorry for getting so of topic so quickly but do you have any armor and weapon recommendations for deviljho? Or should I make another thread and continue it there. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Feb 27, 12 at 12:22am
Narcissus

General strategy is to use all the Ballista shots at the start, try and hit the horns to get them broken.
Then get on his back the two times it allows you to, and attack the mining points in his back as they are his weakest point. Once you have broken them both, make sure you hit him with the Dragonator when he attacks the rear of the ship, and you should win easily.
I think my that on my first attempt I cleared this quest on my own with Ice Dual Swords with about 7 minutes to spare, it really isn't that tough to be honest.
This is of course assuming you didn't mean to post this in the MH Tri forum as they are totally different games, and Jhen is far far easier in this than it was in Tri.

Feb 24, 12 at 12:04am
Newman_Vin

did jhen vids help you? i hear its about teamwork, getting as many people as possible and using the bomber skill (or w/e skill ups damage of the cannonballs and ballista since that is what you will be using to kill him with primarily).

Feb 21, 12 at 9:15am
XcrimsonfatalisX

Me and my brother have tried countless times but have come to no success.
Do you have any ways to kill it? I'm so keen on high rank quests, but this is stopping it hahaha xD
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance