Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning » General Discussion » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 19, 12 at 8:13pmDanger

Feel free to have a bit of a chat with your fellow seekers. Will be good to see this place get a bit of a community going and it's started off well. Post counts will be disabled so don't think this is a place to boost your post count.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 18, 13 at 12:45pm
stefandesofia

I do a game-play of the game and try to showoff pretty much all of the features of the game. If anybody feels interested please do not hesitate to check it out! ---> Just search for: "Stefan Plays Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning", and it should be the very top one!
If anybody has any questions, requests, suggestions that he/she wants to share with me feel free to do it as a comment on the video or as a message on my Youtube channel!
Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Apr 27, 13 at 5:32am
11kgm

Decided to play through again with the DLC, i am going for a bit of everything again, daggers/faeblades, a sword and chakrams. Just doing a little bit of everything per usual going for the jack of all trades

Also decided on getting all my skills up in daggers ,charams, long sword and fae blade and chose the best weapons aviable

Mar 30, 13 at 1:58pm
Kunai the arch rogue

An archer build is extremely fun, my dokkalfar has taken every archery perk, and needless to say he destroys. I recemmond it for any player who wishes to destroy his/her enemies.

Nov 01, 12 at 3:19pm
alannn

hi hi,
jak and daxter was the best series, ever.

koa is awesome
long sword dagger is the best combo close in speed makes for smooth transitions, and running those with a stun build is crazy fun.
stop thinking of it like weapon 1 weapon 2 use them together to exploit interuption to damage needs.
would love to expound but txting from me smart phone here.

BL2 was greattt happy they didnt muff it up lol

Oct 28, 12 at 2:28am
SpartanNinja

quote Artirtico
I've not found much opportunity to just sit and read recently either.
My apologies, I didn't mean to imply any type of superiority or anything. As for my job I make around 40-42,000 US a year ($17.15 an hour at 48 hours a week) so I do alright for being 22. My dad had a saying before he passed that hard work is good for the soul though definitely not good for the body lol. You must learn to balance work with play to truly have a fulfilling life. So my good cheer usually comes from being glad I'm alive and I have a nice cold beer waiting for me at the end of the day. Usually Guinness. (especially after being deployed but I wont bore you with war stories of Afghanistan). And I've noticed the people, around me at least, that work even into old age tend to live significantly longer. Like they have a purpose and death can wait til they are done. Thats why you see rich people who barely scratch 60-70, and then you get 80-100 year old, whiskey drinking, hard nosed, A-holes. Sorry don't mean to get preachy but moral is you can be dissatisfied with life but Why not enjoy it while you can right?
quote Artirtico
I reckon I'll go for it somewhen, as soon as the 'reading schedule' eases somewhat haha
Hey man don't read it on my account, reading should be fun before mandatory.
quote Artirtico
As such, I'm still on the first Game of Thrones book, but enjoying it - I'm finding the writing style more fluid than Goodkind, so think it's one I could read straight if I had the time. The general tone of the book also reads more like a fairly light historic novel (so far at least) with the element of Fantasy on the side, as opposed to the flat-out Fantasy of Wizards First Rule so I guess I feel more 'at home' reading it The constant shifting of character perspectives has made it a bit tricky to pick up on just who the heck a few of the people are, but that aside it's going well thus far; will have to see how the storyline develops to make further judgement. Jon and Arya are epic though
Ah yes, its been awhile since I read them through, and I haven't read the most recent one so a great many details allude me. Plus I read it when I was younger and I'm sure my perspective at the time made me overlook things unintentionally that I would catch now.
quote Artirtico
'Something Like Winter'
Hmm never heard, I looked it up and it seems like one of those sappy types to me. So not in my relative interest, though I occasionally pick up such things. Obviously I prefer things of the more fantastical nature or scientific nature, though I adore history too.
quote Artirtico
Borderlands is definitely not for me haha, but it looks to be pretty solid for the type of game it is I'm currently revisiting Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
A shame you don't like Borderlands, it actually functions quite like KoA in terms of equipment drops its just an FPS instead of a 3rd person. Aww man I have all those games for ps2 still, I remember the good ole days playing that and Jak and Daxter too. love those guys.

Oct 27, 12 at 4:10am
Artirtico

quote SpartanNinja
I believe Richard hates it with such a passion for he believes it to be a farce.
I could see him taking that stance on prophecy yes. It wasn't the worst iteration of it that I've come across in general, what with it being fairly open for interpretation and it ultimately resolving in quite an out and about way (though still not particularly unexpected admittedly), but yes it looks to be something of a re-curring theme then. Still, seeing how different people react to it all can very much add to character.
Such an experience with Denna would hugely effect anyone both mentally and physically, in beneficial and in hindering ways, so seeing how Richard deals with, and evolves through all of that would be a major factor in wanting to read book 2 - I reckon I'll go for it somewhen, as soon as the 'reading schedule' eases somewhat haha

Whilst I'm not doing anything like 12 hour days at work (bravo to you for that, and to always focus positively, that must be quite a nice earner you've got going there ), I've not found much opportunity to just sit and read recently either.
As such, I'm still on the first Game of Thrones book, but enjoying it - I'm finding the writing style more fluid than Goodkind, so think it's one I could read straight if I had the time. The general tone of the book also reads more like a fairly light historic novel (so far at least) with the element of Fantasy on the side, as opposed to the flat-out Fantasy of Wizards First Rule so I guess I feel more 'at home' reading it The constant shifting of character perspectives has made it a bit tricky to pick up on just who the heck a few of the people are, but that aside it's going well thus far; will have to see how the storyline develops to make further judgement. Jon and Arya are epic though
There's a book coming out next week called 'Something Like Winter' that will almost certainly be a day one purchase, day one read for me, so ideally it'd be good to get this finished before getting distracted by that hehe...

Borderlands is definitely not for me haha, but it looks to be pretty solid for the type of game it is I'm currently revisiting Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time; played through it once before, liked it, but not enough to do the multiple playthroughs needed to 'complete it', so now over 2 and a half years later, I'm up for giving it another run

Oct 22, 12 at 10:50am
dyeriuss

WOOT BORDERLANDS 2

Oct 22, 12 at 10:13am
SpartanNinja

quote Artirtico
so though I'd 'report back'
Hey guy its been awhile. Glad to hear from you.
quote Artirtico
Pretty good overall, though for the most part I wasn't 'completely hooked' - I'll go through a book in a day or two (or maybe a couple more considering the size of this one) if I get into that state where it simply cannot be put down, but whilst I quite enjoyed it, it didn't get to that point, so it did take me a while...
Prophecy is something I hate, and it shows up in far too many Fantasy books, so that was a dislike. The plot was very clever in places, but I also found that it sometimes became too 'co-incidental'; characters conveniently moving in and out of the main storyline for it to progress and such, so it was a little hard to believe in places.
Great characters overall though, that I feel I got to understand. In a broad sense, it reminded me of 'The Belgariad' (David Eddings), only quite a bit more in depth with certain darker aspects...
Wizard's First Rule is a little rough indeed. I hate Prophecy too and its been awhile since I read the series let alone the first one I believe Richard hates it with such a passion for he believes it to be a farce. As for whether or not it is fake or not I choose to believe it is not true. Throughout the series Terry goes into ever increasing detail about it and why it can and can't work from various characters. The first book does do a bit of shuffling around with characters, but nearly everyone comes back at some point or another in the series. For instance the mud people play a significant role in the next story and in a much later book. Yes the characters are what makes this story appealing to me at least. One complaint heard around the world (and from me too) is that he repeats himself quite a bit throughout his books. And I mean that in a literal way.
quote Artirtico
around Denna - WHAT A CHARACTER. Haven't ever read anything quite like her; oddly fascinating and I became somewhat worryingly attached...
Agreed entirely that that section left me pretty fatigued (in a good way) and aside from a book called 'Chase in Shadow' (Amy Lane), neither had I read any previously that made me feel so strongly that way.
She plays a rather significant role on his how Richard's psyche evolves and his compassion for Mord-Sith in general afterward. I personally enjoyed the recruit army in the next one. Overwhelming odds and they barely overcome by using guerillla tactics. and its not deus ex machina all the bad guys are suddenly gone after killing the big bad. There are men fighting for the formal way of things. and a lot of them. yada yada. If you pick it up cool if not sad but also cool.
quote Artirtico
I've already got a load of others lined up for now (starting with Game of Thrones), so for now it shall have to wait.
Thats a pretty good series too, Its ridiculously overhyped but one of the few that can at least partially live up to that hype. Its also pretty dark, like castrations and torture and rape but its got a fair bit of intrigue. To compare where Wizard's first rule was physical, Game of Thrones is mental. But do keep in mind they are completely different stories but thats the motif. Relative to my interests is how their work has decade long Summer and Winters, which is important to the plot but also important to guy like me who finds stuff like that fascinating, similar to how Dragon Age takes place in the southern hemisphere on their world and as such the bitter cold north is actually south.

As for myself I'm playing Borderlands 2 and reading some older Isaac Asimov stuff, between working 12 hours days anyway.

Oct 20, 12 at 10:35am
Artirtico

quote SpartanNinja
quote Artirtico
I'll have to check if the library has the Goodkind stuff
Just a word of warning on Terry Goodkind stuff, it can have some pretty horrific descriptions. And it is fairly depressing but it always ends relatively well. Lets just say the battles are hard fought at best in those novels. I never read something that made me physically and mentally fatigued before lol. In a good way though.
Soooo, going back a loooong way here, but I recently found out that as a staff member, I can reserve books from anywhere in the county for free - the only Goodkind book we had in the place I work at was a recent one, BUT I was able to pick up the first in the Sword of Truth series by ordering it in, so though I'd 'report back'

Pretty good overall, though for the most part I wasn't 'completely hooked' - I'll go through a book in a day or two (or maybe a couple more considering the size of this one) if I get into that state where it simply cannot be put down, but whilst I quite enjoyed it, it didn't get to that point, so it did take me a while...
Prophecy is something I hate, and it shows up in far too many Fantasy books, so that was a dislike. The plot was very clever in places, but I also found that it sometimes became too 'co-incidental'; characters conveniently moving in and out of the main storyline for it to progress and such, so it was a little hard to believe in places.
Great characters overall though, that I feel I got to understand. In a broad sense, it reminded me of 'The Belgariad' (David Eddings), only quite a bit more in depth with certain darker aspects...
& boy, you weren't kidding when you said there're some pretty intense descriptions of torture and what not It was all good though, and in fact the one section of the book that I couldn't put down was everything that revolved around Denna - WHAT A CHARACTER. Haven't ever read anything quite like her; oddly fascinating and I became somewhat worryingly attached...
Agreed entirely that that section left me pretty fatigued (in a good way) and aside from a book called 'Chase in Shadow' (Amy Lane), neither had I read any previously that made me feel so strongly that way.
So huge props for Denna, with a general thumbs up overall Might try the next one, but I've already got a load of others lined up for now (starting with Game of Thrones), so for now it shall have to wait.

Sep 11, 12 at 10:39am
dyeriuss

what sucks is when i bought this game i got it preowned and the store included the mass effect 3 code.... bad part.... IT WAS USED!!!!@!!!!