Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » HTML/CSS & NeoHome Help » Scroll ends of content to center » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Feb 17, 12 at 6:30amDragoniteBallZ

http://sanclunatic.zxq.net/oldsite/artwork.php

I am trying to get the beginning and end of content in the thumbnail bar to scroll to the center. I am able to get the beginning to start on center by a margin-left but I cannot get the end of the content to go all the way to the center. Is there a way with CSS? This is really driving me nuts. I can get it done with a bunch of   but I dont want to do it that way especially when I want to try to make this more fluid.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 20, 12 at 7:43am
BeZ

No problem, it's because the floated elements inside it were causing the div to try and wrap around itself making it have a height of 0, divs with a height of 0 are pretty much invisible and the padding takes no effect, forcing it to have a height makes the div 'visible' again and brings back the padding.

Another fix would be to make an empty div after the thumbnails and give it the style "clear: both;" which would then bring back the divs natural height.

Feb 20, 12 at 1:09am
DragoniteBallZ

Wow wtf, that makes no sense but that actually worked! Thanks!

Feb 19, 12 at 11:25am
BeZ

Try adding a height as well, doesn't matter how much as long as it has some height, so the div that has these styles

min-width:840px; margin-left:300px; margin-right:300px

should have these styles

min-width:840px; margin-left:300px; padding-right:300px; height:100px;

Feb 18, 12 at 8:21pm
DragoniteBallZ

Oh that is my old site. I have a newer page with a grid. I am trying to build on this one since it's already there.

I tried putting padding and margins it doesnt work. Those images are in floating divs too.

Feb 18, 12 at 3:26pm
BeZ

DragoniteBallZ

Try changing margin-right to padding-right, also no offence but if your trying to show off your web developing skill then using table layouts probably isn't the best thing to do.

Feb 17, 12 at 8:16pm
DragoniteBallZ

http://www.sanclunatic.byethost6.com/oldsite/artwork.php

New Host. That one sucks! Anyways, Any ideas?

Feb 17, 12 at 6:30am
DragoniteBallZ

http://sanclunatic.zxq.net/oldsite/artwork.php

I am trying to get the beginning and end of content in the thumbnail bar to scroll to the center. I am able to get the beginning to start on center by a margin-left but I cannot get the end of the content to go all the way to the center. Is there a way with CSS? This is really driving me nuts. I can get it done with a bunch of   but I dont want to do it that way especially when I want to try to make this more fluid.