Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Hard-Scoping: Why is it hated? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 12 at 2:37amReginald

I never really understood why hard-scoping is heavily frowned upon. I normally get a lot of shit from other players when I find a good spot where I can pick off tons of players or defend a flag effectively. You're using a gun the way it was intended and you're using hotspots of a map to your advantage. There's nothing wrong using Area Denial.

If you're going to quick-scope, go use an Assault Rifle. They have around the same effective range and kills are more reliable than hastily firing luck shots in a hit-or-die scenario.

Feel free to post your two cents (and don't create a shit-storm while you're at it).

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 13, 13 at 8:53am
doubletaps

Sniping is sniping if you snipe you camp its your job. So until all theses know it all COD I know than an actual military person who has done the job. Don't the job so that all these whining people can have the freedom of speech to cry about it. If you want to quick scope fine do so but STFU about others who do their job as they wish it done. Or better yet go design your own game to play where sniping aka camping is not allowed.

Oct 31, 13 at 5:50am
Arvo-_-TrikZz

I guess because it doesn't look as cool as quickscoping. I'm a quickscoper myself but I do hard scope when I need to

Oct 01, 12 at 5:55pm
Zero

I still find it funny that people actually use the word "hard-scoping" as opposed to just sniping.

Oct 01, 12 at 5:13pm
milldam

quote InnerDemon
Because hardscoping implies campy, which implied noob tactics. Besides quickscoping is easier than hardscoping. For me at least anyways. Can't tell you how many hardscopes I miss.

This statement doesn`t make any sense at all.

Oct 01, 12 at 4:46pm
PearlMaster22

It's because people want something to b*tch about when playing against randoms. I always hard-scope, and never "quick-scope". I mean, nobody should be able to run around with a sniper and go positive anyway...

Oct 01, 12 at 2:42pm
InnerDemon

Because hardscoping implies campy, which implied noob tactics. Besides quickscoping is easier than hardscoping. For me at least anyways. Can't tell you how many hardscopes I miss.

Sep 28, 12 at 9:19am
DIRTYBLUEJAY69

I think people just over react.. quick scoping is hated as well.. like what real person aims for a millisecond and gets the shot ? no one. Real snipers have to hardscope.

Sep 26, 12 at 3:06pm
Wackajack

How much rage when your on a massive killstreak and get killed by someone sitting in a corner aiming at the door? So much butthurt...But sometimes campers can be quite hard to kill especially if they continually change corners in the one area. You can argue this isn't camping but the player in question is still relying on other players to go to them so they can get kills. Anyone playing COD knows its easier to sit still and shoot people than to sprint into a room go oh shit there's someone in that corner, pull up your gun and kill them.

No problem at all with hard scoping its what your meant to do with a sniper rifle, not this half pull up the scope half hip fire crap.

Sep 26, 12 at 4:51am
IUSEthePM-9

quote KR_1250
quote DuckReconMajor
The only time "hardscoping" is a problem is if you're in one of them "quick scope lobbies".

And honestly, I still don't see why camping is bad. If you're sitting still, I'm going to watch the killcam and know exactly where you are. Just makes the game easier for me.
Camping, like noob tubing, quickscoping and all the other annoying things in COD only bother me when done excessively.

None of these things ever bothered me until you got a whole team doing it, or with Q.S a whole culture of pre-teens doing it... badly. Camping en masse just totally bogs the game down and makes it very dull. In the nicest possible terms, campers should just go and play HC mode. Like kill-whores should get out of objective and go play TDM.

If used as part of a wider team tactic, or if seen infrequently then none of these things are very annoying. But some teams and especially some clans in TDM need a proper slap. We still ussualy beat camping clans, it just takes us the whole ten minutes.

Also the kind of campingmatter to me. Clever guy holding a building, moving from room to room and using a bit of intelegence about it ? Fine by me, its a valid tactic. As are snipers and machine gunners providing overwatch or area denial. none of that bothers me.

But one talentless dude sitting in a hedge, bin, room, glitch just being a little shit really annoys me. Especially if your repeatedly killing them and they just keep doing the same thing. Its not annoying because they are getting good scores or kills... they dont. Its annoying because it shows a real depth of human stupidity that most animals have surpassed.

Again i repeat, camping never used to bother me, but the more i see the pathetic kind mentioned above the more its getting to me.

EDIT: Oh, and in HC anything goes including all kinds of camping. Most HC players are camping shits anyway. I know, i used to be one. Dont like it ? Dont play HC. I dont.
My favourite part of the entire paragraph was the statement that even animals have displayed the intelligence to evolve past this kind of behaviour however we find middle aged men trying to employ this in a video game designed for teenagers and young adults. I have no problems saying that last part either because in COD you'll generally find 6 year olds rushing (most unsuccessfully) however the older players camping in a corner.

I once played a Free For All (once is the keyword) with a man with a deep voice and a heavy Australian accent, and on the map Resistance he would camp in the flowerbed next to the car with a cloth over it (near the A flag spawn) and even though he was camping with an automatic assault rifle I didn't die once to him, and he would complain on the voice chat every time someone killed him.

It just didn't seem to occur to someone with three times the life experience than me that staying far from the action in a game mode designed to rack up the highest score in the fastest time was a poor strategy that would never win a FFA, but he still swore every time he died.

This is an extremely late reply, but I didn't see this post until now, but that is one of the most intelligent, rational ways of describing camping and the nature behind it, and I wholeheartedly 100% agree with this. I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone more.

Sep 25, 12 at 10:06pm
theQman

I swear people discuss CoD like it's *bleep*ing politics.