Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Latin/Hispanic Countries » Travel & Visiting - Your latin/hispanic countries expeditions! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 12 at 2:27amQuetzalcoatl

In general, how often do you travel? Which latin/hispanic countries would you love to visit and why? Do you usually stay at a nice fancy hotel or do you just travel because your only visiting relatives? Share your traveling experiences all at once!

I live in Mexico and have been in many places here. Its such a diverse country, we practically have almost any kind of ecosystem (except Tundra) along with each region having its own cultural habits and foods. Mexico City has tons of museums and many monuments along with lots of shopping district. We also have an apartment and family members living in Mexico City. If we want to relax we usually go to Michoacan's beautiful forest area. Acapulco is our beach destination and we stay in the Copacabana hotel. I would love to visit Yucatan and Chiapas since they have lots of jungle and swamp areas along with enchanting tropical beaches.

As for traveling outside my country, Argentina and Brazil come up next. I have many Argentinan friends and they have spoken dearly about their country. Brazil is in my list since I would love to see the Rio de Janeiro carnaval along with also exploring the jungle areas.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 08, 12 at 8:22pm
Arietta

Saul, it will always depend on where you go, and even at what time of the day you go to certain places. Here in Bolivia, the city of La Paz is safe, but you wouldn't want to stay in El Alto for long. I have heard nasty things about Mexico myself but I always think it's the media exaggerating things.

Then again, at least I can confirm this to you, if something happens to you, you really can't trust our police.

Apr 08, 12 at 5:14pm
Saul

I hope I don't come across as ignorant, but as an outsider from the UK, we are media fed to believe that Latin America is a gang warzone.

Which in all honestly, puts me off visiting, although I would love to visit many places there. I have done all of Western Europe, so not a newbie to travel.

Is Latin America really as bad as it is made out? Where are the safer places to visit? I know I am being vague, but this is just the beginning of the discussion

I am away to bed, so I won't reply for a few hours.

Thanks for all your replies (assuming there are any) in advance

Mar 27, 12 at 11:31pm
Kamehadoken

I have been to Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Panama. I really enjoyed my time visiting those countries and hopefully I will get to visit another one some time in the future

Mar 14, 12 at 5:01pm
Arietta

I live in Bolivia and I don't want to live here for the reasons LOD-squa mentioned.

Latin American places... Honestly I avoid visiting my neighbor countries because they are so similar in some ways. But I have been to Chile. To Arica and Iquique to be more specific. They are nice, Iquique is particularly beautiful. I will try to get some pics.

Mar 11, 12 at 11:56pm
LOD-squa

I have only been to Puerto Rico, obviously because I was born there. Beautiful island, fun to visit but I wouldn't live there. It's not safe enough.

Feb 24, 12 at 9:33am
Wakaman

Technicalities aren't good enough Willow Vampire

Feb 24, 12 at 9:21am
Willow Vampire

Wakaman, Texas used to be in Mexico, so technically... you've been to ex-Mexico .

Feb 24, 12 at 4:31am
Wakaman

The closest I've been to Mexico was Texas. We left when I was 2 so I have to settle for pictures/videos.
I want to go to Brazil myself because of the natural beauty, and the jungle/forest area is nice too.

Feb 23, 12 at 12:09pm
Willow Vampire

I've been to Spain on two occasions with my mother and since it's just a two hour flight away from Manchester it cost next to nothing. The main expense was accommodation, I seem to remember the food was cheap too. I'd love to go again and explore different places, especially away from touristy-cities. The first time we went to Valencia (East coast) and then to Malaga (South coast). Although we stayed in touristy-hotels where most other people were English speaking, we sometimes ventured outside of the cities to the suburbs. I enjoyed that the most, I hate going on holiday just to sit around with other English people by the pool/beach and miss the culture and scenery, I see it as completely pointless and a wasted trip.

We went to the markets where we got to sample some yummy Spanish food, including pulpo which was a little... rubber-bandy, fresh zumo de naranja and churro. The little white houses over there are beautiful too . Muy bonita.

Feb 16, 12 at 2:27am
Quetzalcoatl

In general, how often do you travel? Which latin/hispanic countries would you love to visit and why? Do you usually stay at a nice fancy hotel or do you just travel because your only visiting relatives? Share your traveling experiences all at once!

I live in Mexico and have been in many places here. Its such a diverse country, we practically have almost any kind of ecosystem (except Tundra) along with each region having its own cultural habits and foods. Mexico City has tons of museums and many monuments along with lots of shopping district. We also have an apartment and family members living in Mexico City. If we want to relax we usually go to Michoacan's beautiful forest area. Acapulco is our beach destination and we stay in the Copacabana hotel. I would love to visit Yucatan and Chiapas since they have lots of jungle and swamp areas along with enchanting tropical beaches.

As for traveling outside my country, Argentina and Brazil come up next. I have many Argentinan friends and they have spoken dearly about their country. Brazil is in my list since I would love to see the Rio de Janeiro carnaval along with also exploring the jungle areas.