Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Battlefield 3 » Usas-12 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 12, 12 at 12:51amSolx

Who ever said "HEY, Ya know what this Shotgun needs? GRENADES!!!!" Ya, He needs to be shot..... repeatedly.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 27, 12 at 8:03am
JJRaina

Usas is noobiest *bleeb* on the game, saika 12k and 870 MCS are best shotties.

Mar 28, 12 at 7:47pm
jbh

The rate of fire nerf has definitely "fixed" the gun, it feels like an adequate addition to the game and I don't have any issue with it anymore really. It shoots at a speed slightly faster than if you were using frag shells on a 870MCS so it's hardly an issue that it's a semi auto, borderline full auto shotgun shooting explosive shells anymore.

I also encountered a guy on Metro using it and took it as an opportunity to test the splash damage change, without Flak I could take an average 4-5 shots from a good 15-20 metres away. With Flak it was raised to 6-7. Given how slow the gun shoots now, I'm happy with what DICE have done with it.

Mar 28, 12 at 4:32am
Machienzo

I've tried the USAS and it's a very difficult weapon to wield. It still can catch people off-guard, but it's now more of an ambush weapon or a breach weapon, and definitely not best for one-on-one encounters. I've counted at least 3 times where I've lost because the other player was left with less than 10% health. That drop in ROF really makes a difference, and whilst I did enjoy mowing down people with it (and hopefully getting them all pissy and thinking the gun is still OP), and I can definitely see the use of it dying down. The real test will come with Op.Metro.

Mar 27, 12 at 11:35pm
bob8294

KR_1250 In the beta and I think before B2K the IRNV actually had some use to it, there's a few videos on youtube of it before the patch. After B2K came out they nerfed the IRNV scope to the point where it is now.

In a nutshell, before you could actually see around 30-40m with the IRNV scope, whereas the ~10-15m that you get now before you get a ginormous green screen covering the field of view.

Mar 27, 12 at 11:27pm
KR_1250

quote bob8294
Been hearing that they've absolutely nerfed the suppressor to like IRNV scope levels though..
What did you mean by that bob8294? Dont get ya.

And jihad-Jeeps LOL, i took a bunch of them out yesterday as they swarmed my tank in conquest, brilliant fun. I dont mind them so much, i take them out far more than they do me.

Mar 27, 12 at 9:33pm
bob8294

quote Machienzo
quote bob8294
From the sounds of it initial impressions on the PS3 post patch have been that they have turned down the splash damage, to the point where you can suck up 5 splash shots before you die, so that's good. Been hearing that they've absolutely nerfed the suppressor to like IRNV scope levels though..
I'm going to hog the USAS and do my best to kill people and let them still feel like it's overpowered.

I'll take that and raise you five jihad jeeps.

Mar 27, 12 at 9:27pm
Machienzo

quote bob8294
From the sounds of it initial impressions on the PS3 post patch have been that they have turned down the splash damage, to the point where you can suck up 5 splash shots before you die, so that's good. Been hearing that they've absolutely nerfed the suppressor to like IRNV scope levels though..
I'm going to hog the USAS and do my best to kill people and let them still feel like it's overpowered.

Mar 27, 12 at 3:13pm
bob8294

Mar 27, 12 at 12:22am
KR_1250

quote Ren of Heavens
Hopefully the patch will land on all systems shortly.
  • Fixed the Rate of Fire when the USAS and MK3A1 are equipped with FRAG rounds. All other shotguns correctly had a reduced rate of fire with frags, except the USAS and MK3A1.
  • Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
  • USAS-12: Increased the initial recoil. Reduced the total pellets fired from 12 to 9. The USAS 12 has a higher ROF than other shotguns, this recoil change better balances that advantage and the pellets balance its damage output.
Nice, if thats true i'll promise never to slag off the USAS from now on. I dont want it removed, but a bit of tuning sounds good.

Mar 26, 12 at 11:18am
The Red Devils

Yeah it was £7.99 Shame my fcuking credit card wasn't working, it was my first time looking at the Battlefield DLC as I'm getting the game very soon so I thought that was the norm. I dont have any images either.