Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend » General the Discussion: I'd Inferno Divider her Carnage Scissors.... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 11, 12 at 4:34pmTiger go Meow

If you know what I mean~

Launch day is officially 3 days away in the US, and I'm not sure how far away for other regions. So I've decided to officially put up the General Discussion and noti all people who have posted here. To add: I'm trying to think of ways to further promote the Fighting Game community on Neoseeker be it having to contact Shoryuken to talk to them, or get a small Advert up on Dustloop (if they'll have me).

Other ideas:

I want to try and stream an online Tournament for Blazblue for Neoseeker, but the problem is I don't really have the tools to live stream footage from my PS3. I'm not even sure if there are ways to bypass needing the fancy, expensive, equipment. If so, I'll have to hold off until I can: 1) Find someone who does, or 2) Get a job and get one my damn self.

Now onto bigger and brighter things~

I have cake~ Anyone want some?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 28, 12 at 3:51pm
Tiger go Meow

A lot of people skipped Extend...or are gllad they didn't get the game because of the CP announcement.

Yeah I was there, if you saw the stream - I was the only chick in the room at certain times watching the main screen.

I did horrible, btw. Did the P4U tournament and lost both matchs pool and losers.

Aug 27, 12 at 6:10am
Sakuraba Neku

Tiger go Meow I just saw you post on Dustloop that you went to Summer Jam, good shit, how did you do?

I would have gone but I'm currently poverty and jobless, still going to Season's Beatings though

Aug 06, 12 at 2:28pm
lalaprola

new game for bb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAWi3QyFE_0

Aug 06, 12 at 8:29am
Fire Fox

This year = just came out, these days. I have friends who are still buying this game as of now.

Aug 05, 12 at 7:26pm
Knightmare Chaotix

I had no idea 5 months ago classified as "just came out" these days.

Aug 05, 12 at 6:57pm
Fire Fox

And Extend just came out, too. Now would you look at that!

Aug 05, 12 at 12:52pm
Sakuraba Neku

We better all skip P4A, the new BB is gonna come out in a year!

Aug 05, 12 at 11:32am
Fire Fox

P4 ARENA? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jun 05, 12 at 6:17am
Tiger go Meow

One of two things can happen with the JRPG fanbase that adore Persona (for those that pick up Arena):

1) They will play the game and be hooked onto it. Potentially adding ot the player pool.

2) They will play the game, get bored and leave.

Then there's the fact that there will actually be a player base to play with online, and potentially off line. The number of Persona fans is actually pretty big. I knew even casual gamers who loved the game, or knew of it to some extent. Persona 4 itself is more popular than any other part of the franchise.

The thing that sucks? It won't get Japanese level advertising here in America. The truth of the matter is, Japan is the target audience, not America. Atlus doesn't need to try to focus its efforts on fronting games stateside because they already got that powerful player base in Japan. That's why a lot of Anime Fighting Games don't make it all that far. Companies in Japan aren't aiming at the American market at all, and therefore there are almost never any marketing campaigns.

It becomes an effort of the fans, and players to put that game out there. To make the effort, but without Capcom level marketing a lot of gamers in general will ignore the game anyways. Apparently it's more credible when the developers say "Play this game" over the players who actually play it.

I'm rambling a little here...

Jun 04, 12 at 8:57am
Alstein

quote Sakuraba Neku
The RPG fans are going to stop playing P4A after they finish the story unless they are also fighter fans lol.

Also the MK community is pretty solid I don't see that game dying off completely until that new DC fighter comes out.

for SFxT, good riddance, *bleep* that game
MK was dying out in many spots before the EVO announcement, which surprised some folks. I suspect that the withdrawing of money from MK will leave only the true believers, and there's not that many of them.

The RPG fans will likely do as you said, but there's a lot of JRPG fans who also play fighters, and Persona seems accessible, so I suspect it will end up with a CT-sized playerbase online. That said, most fighting games- us hardcore players are subsidized by the casuals who do just as you say. This is why I don't talk trash about them- they're vital to keeping us afloat. I really hate the term 09er that's bandied about SRK, especially when it comes from folks who haven't played as long as I have who don't know how bad the old games were.

I think everyone outside of like 10 people wants to say good riddance to SFxTK, agree with you there as well.