Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Latin/Hispanic Countries » Your daily dose of football/soccer, now with biased opinions! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 11, 12 at 7:52amWakaman

Saturday's Headlines!

First up we have Manchester United versus Liverpool!
Manchester United go into Saturday's match only two points behind Manchester City, the leader, while Liverpool is in 7th place. There is a bit of payback lurking about since Liverpool eliminated Man U from the Champions League on January 28.
Something more important to us latinos is the Chicharito vs. Suarez standoff, Chicharito has scored 8 goals in Premier League while Suarez has scored 5. Who will you be rooting for on Saturday's game?

Over in the Mexican League we have Chivas vs. Monterrey

Now Chivas has only 1 point and is currently in last place this season after five matches making this one of the worst starts in the club's history. While Monterrey sits comfortably in seventh place with 8 points.
It is going to be a difficult match for Chivas, having only scored two goals and conceding 8, and to make matters worse, Miguel Ponce will not participate in Saturday's game. Though not all is bad news, Marco Fabian returns to the fields after having been under the weather.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 28, 12 at 3:35pm
Inhale

quote Wakaman
Inhale I wouldn't call them great, because Chivas has shown the can beat Barcelona's substitutes and even play decent against the full team.

They would've been able to compete with teams like Malaga, Getafe, Atletic Bilbao. The teams they went against were a joke, by a longshot.

Good thing to come was that Cubo seems to be scoring again, something we lacked last season was goals.
If you say so, but chivas should be challenging bigger teams. It's a Mexican thing. Mexico always challenges weak nation teams, instead of having friendlies against argentina, spain, etc..

Jun 28, 12 at 2:42pm
Wakaman

Inhale I wouldn't call them great, because Chivas has shown the can beat Barcelona's substitutes and even play decent against the full team.

They would've been able to compete with teams like Malaga, Getafe, Atletic Bilbao. The teams they went against were a joke, by a longshot.

Good thing to come was that Cubo seems to be scoring again, something we lacked last season was goals.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:36pm
Inhale

quote Wakaman
quote Inhale
Wakaman I don't watch soccer unless a Mexican team is playing.

I always love when draft opens up. It's even better when players who you never thought would play for a certain team get drafted.
I'm not really a fan of the draft.

Yeah I checked out the teams Chovas played against, might aswell have stayed in Mexico going against secpnd divisipn teams or against teams in the U.S.
It doesn't matter if it was the 2nd division, those are the teams that are fighting to come up to the first division. It is the Spain League, so the competition is still great.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:34pm
Wakaman

quote Inhale

I always love when draft opens up. It's even better when players who you never thought would play for a certain team get drafted.
I'm not really a fan of the draft.

Yeah I checked out the teams Chivas played against, might aswell have stayed in Mexico going against second division teams or against teams in the U.S.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:24pm
Inhale

Jun 28, 12 at 2:20pm
Wakaman

Inhale you missed some quality matchups then, England/Italy, Russia/Greece. Yeah Spain's attack has been poor, no thanks to del Bosque putting Torres, Negredo, and Navas who did *bleep* all the entire tournament. Llorente needs some play time, I find him to be a better forward than Torres and Negredo, Navas is a joke.

Other than that though they've been playing decent.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:08pm
Inhale

quote Wakaman
quote Inhale
wakaman we need someone like Nery. He may have a big ego, but who doesn't like to have just one?

Let's see how well Hugo Sanchez does.

Chivas is back from their European Tour. They smoked a lot of teams in Spain.
Which teams?

I couldn't find a broadcast or even match results.
I'm not saying having an ego is bad, but when you have one so big that you blame your mistakes on everyone else, that is a problem.

I hope he does good, Mexico doesn't have many players with his quality.

Also Germany just lost 2-1 to Italy in the Eurocup, the final is Spain vs. Italy.
I heard Spain didn't play well in this tournament.

I missed the entire Eurocup. I'm just not into European football.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:06pm
Wakaman

quote Inhale
wakaman we need someone like Nery. He may have a big ego, but who doesn't like to have just one?

Which teams?

I couldn't find a broadcast or even match results.
I'm not saying having an ego is bad, but when you have one so big that you blame your mistakes on everyone else, that is a problem.

I hope he does good, Mexico doesn't have many players with his quality.

Also Germany just lost 2-1 to Italy in the Eurocup, the final is Spain vs. Italy.

Jun 28, 12 at 1:59pm
Inhale

Jun 19, 12 at 9:35am
Wakaman

quote Inhale
Wakaman well in other news, Pachuca reeled in some talent. They even managed to get Nery Castillo. The guy that would never play for any team in Mexico. *bleep* him for not coming to Chvias back when Chivas wanted him a couple of years ago.
*bleep* Nery, he was something special 5 years ago, his ego isn't needed. He's the next Hugo Sanchez man, ego-wise anyway.

Enrique Meza is the new coach for Toluca, good news for them because they haven't had a decent one since Chepo left.