Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Solid HD Collection » Anyone gong for the MGS2 platinum? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Feb 10, 12 at 8:34pmMnmfan

5 playthroughs and 500 VR Missions. *gulp*

I'm only an hour into my first playthrough and already the tag guide that I'm using doesn't seem to match what's happening in the game. I'm missing 2 tags before the speech in the Hold already.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 01, 13 at 10:33am
Ichi-San

Im goin 4 the platinum, i don't know if you guys still play but for all who want to add my psn id,
we can chat, comment strategies etc.
PSN ID: x__Ichi__x

im goin for all 3 collection plats + mgs4 so ill be playin likeee 1 year? xD

Sep 21, 12 at 3:56pm
RetroDewi

Got the platinum about two weeks ago. It took me about a month of constant gameplay. To me, the 100% VR missions certainly wasn't the hardest trophy to achieve and was, in fact, the first gold I'd gotten on there. The most difficult trophy was, by far, the tedious Great Dane. About 8 playthroughs altogether (all for a wig that you'd use for about 5 minute's worth of the story). Oh, and the Harrier and Ray boss fights really broke me on extreme.

Jul 05, 12 at 2:16pm
EricF

MGS3 would definitely be easier to get the platinum than this one. As for Peace Walker, I've only played it for about a half an hour and really didn't like the feel of it.

Jul 04, 12 at 2:14pm
Arikardo

I think I'll be giving this one a miss. I'll go for the MGS3 Platinum but no way am I going for the MGS2 Platinum. Hated the game when it was released so I'm only playing through it for the story like I did on the PS3 version plus I enjoy the VR missions so they will be fun to play on the go.

Jul 03, 12 at 8:08pm
Twin_Master

Persistence is definitely the key here and if you have a PS3 then I recommend playing on that as it is much easier. Word to the wise, HATE ASSAULT RIFLES! So *bleep*ing twitchy! @_@

Jul 03, 12 at 3:46pm
EricF

quote Twin_Master
I've already managed to beat every VR Mission with top score. Albeit on the PS3 version but STILL a great achievement! :3
...How!? Honestly, there's too many! D:

Jul 02, 12 at 4:40am
Twin_Master

I can guarantee that I will go for this platinum. I've already managed to beat every VR Mission with top score. Albeit on the PS3 version but STILL a great achievement! :3

Jun 29, 12 at 3:44pm
EricF

Man, I thought about 100%ing this game for quite a while but I've really got no urge to play it anymore. The nostalgia has past a bit - until the next trip is needed, I probably won't play it much or at all. Shame really.

Jun 29, 12 at 2:09pm
Cherrywood

Beating all of those metal gears on extreme is actually pretty simple; you just have to be perfect for about 25 minutes. Did it 10 years ago and then I just did it again. Such a pain though. On to the sword fight with solidus. Going to be extremely proud of this platinum.

Mar 12, 12 at 1:39pm
kingemocut

quote Mnmfan
You won't have to worry about it. It has been confermed PS3T that the glitch only happens on SDTVs. Those of us playing on HDTVs will never experience the glitch.
Never thought the type of tv could effect a game. Very odd glitch.
I hope its only on the ps3 ver. Or I'm screwed. >.<