Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » The PERFECT Lance set ;D » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Feb 06, 12 at 1:25amIts_my_time24

I was out earlier with 2 people i met: The legend, and the...ermm...rookie xD. wildfire and Scion! omg, its like the new version of me and Kholdstare :0

Hey, Wild, what was that agna set? i think it was:

Guard +2
Guard boost
Flame Aura
Evade +1
Short Sprinter.

Well, i COULD gem in the evade +1 if i had those damn agna carapaces

Right now, my Damascus skills are:

Guard +2
Guard Boost
Health +50
Punish Draw
Short Sprinter

But, i used the Guard +1 jewels. If i had enough time, i would grind agna, but i hate him (so do u Scion lol)

Next week, i'll do 2 Jhens, and im farming agna's. With my new King Charm (evade +3 and Guard +6) i can have everything Wild has...BUT BETTER!

I WILL CREATE THE GREATEST LANCE SET...EVER!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 12 at 4:10am
animal_lover310

Ls is fine when you hit your allies because it dosnt send them flying and if there already attacking it dosnt matter plus I like the Ls's speed when drawing it gives you a distance and its juts right because its not to fast and yet it's not to slow either now quit being a winy little troll

Oct 09, 12 at 10:26pm
Duncan Idaho

quote animal_lover310
quote Duncan Idaho
I would love for LS to be unerfed for next time, same goes for Switch axes, they have a small speed problem so you cant rack DPS and they have limited combos which is annoying >_>
actualy Ls is pretty fast if you know what your doing aka timing your attacks same with Sw just time them and you hit fast and hard
you dont know what i was talking about it's DPS and speed are a bit slow it also has a long draw animation, SA has a problem on starting combos once you start on it you are grounded or at least that is my experience, also LS have the issue of hitting your allies which becomes an obstacle

Oct 09, 12 at 9:56pm
animal_lover310

quote Duncan Idaho
I would love for LS to be unerfed for next time, same goes for Switch axes, they have a small speed problem so you cant rack DPS and they have limited combos which is annoying >_>
actualy Ls is pretty fast if you know what your doing aka timing your attacks same with Sw just time them and you hit fast and hard

Sep 18, 12 at 6:31pm
Duncan Idaho

Sep 18, 12 at 6:28pm
Its_my_time24

Duncan Idaho I'll check it out as soon as i post this.

I do prefer evade lancing as well, but, lets face it, guard boost is actually a really usefu: skill on ala. I mean, i dont usually lance ala, and i pretty much mastered it with everything else but hammer and gunning, so i wanna clear this off too. Also, i am getting better at evading W/O evade. Nothing really big, i mean, just jho dragonbreaths, all monsters tail whips, a FEW roars, and once, even a blos' charge.

Guard lancing is also fun, especially if u got a rhythm.

Poke-poke-poke-Counter, rinse nd repeat. If u get that like 6 times CONSECUTIVE on a monster, u feel good

Although, when you evade, it flows, just as DA said. And, evade fighting is like a whole new style of hunting, its reallly fun too

Sep 18, 12 at 5:54pm
Dark Arcanine

In this context, OP would mean overpowered.

Apart from when I first started hunting Alatreon and had the typical Lance setup for it, I can't say I really use that weapon against it. The lack of movement and the reach you get with a Lance just doesn't appeal to me in that case. You're right though, in that case Guard can be pretty handy.

With Evasion I just use excellent dodging mechanics and countering. As you can see, it's clearly my favourite method. x3

Sep 18, 12 at 5:20pm
RockofKuthian

I also love evaion lancing. great with most monsters except ala. Evasion is pretty much useless with ala since u can evade all the moves without it, and the ones you cant evasion+2 wont help. I almost never use the guard move while guard lancing though. It's all about the counters. You can literally go on and on with a triple poke, then counter and you'll probably block an ala claw then keep poking and counter and you might block a jump thingy. And to keep those moves fluid guard+2 is pretty much a must
P.S.And also I've realized guard lancing is SO much fun once you get it right.
P.S.S what is OP?

Sep 18, 12 at 5:09pm
Dark Arcanine

It's a good set, but I still prefer Evasion over Guard myself. ^^ Having better Evasion is more conducive to damage output and makes lancing a more fluid process - let's face it, walking around with a Lance out is painful, haha. Having said that, if a player isn't big on timing then focussing on Guard probably would be better.

Sep 18, 12 at 4:03pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Its_my_time24
I did..but that was when i was hr 60-80... i didnt know the difference. "Guard, Guard up, same shit" i said.. I WAS an idiot >.>

Ah...my red color'd font era...

I think this set is OP with Elder Babel. Just gonna farm agna, and get it

man i knew i had forgoten to notif some one, go to the wii u forum, there is a surprise there

Sep 18, 12 at 2:57pm
Its_my_time24

I did..but that was when i was hr 60-80... i didnt know the difference. "Guard, Guard up, same shit" i said.. I WAS an idiot >.>

Ah...my red color'd font era...

I think this set is OP with Elder Babel. Just gonna farm agna, and get it