Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » 3DS features incorporated into gameplay » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DJ KK Gracie Gracie Isabelle KK Slider Kicks Leif Redd Reese Timmy and Tommy Tom Nook Bluebear Cheri Pudge Stitches Rudy Kiki Tangy Tangy Beau Cherry Goldie Hamlet Julian Melba Tex Ruby Poppy Chief Lobo Skye Wolfgang Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Tulips White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Gold Roses Axe Rod Net Shovel Slingshot Watering Can Golden Axe Golden Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Apple Cherries Orange Peach Pear Bamboo Seed Coconut Durian Lemon Lychee Mango Persimmon Pond Smelt Red Snapper Agrius Butterfly Bell Bag Candy Fossil Gyroid Party Popper Pitfall Seed Present Shirt Umbrella Wallpaper Sweets House Pink Riboon Purple Ribbon Large Acorn Rotting Acorn Small Acorn Acorn New Leaf

hideOriginal Post

Feb 05, 12 at 3:08pmPhi

I don't think there's been a thread like this but correct me if I'm wrong. ^^

As evident from the voice chat thread, the 3DS has a lot of features the Wii/DS/Gamecube don't have that could potentially become gameplay elements. Streetpass is even being worked into the game excellently.

Seeing as there's going to be more personalisation, being able to use the internal camera to model a character could have been awesome. 3: I'd also like to see the gyroscope being used.

So yeah, discuss ways the 3DS could spice up game play. :3

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 17, 12 at 6:56pm
Fluidity

quote Nagissa_chan
Not to be stupid but what do you mean by a gyroscope affect?
That's not a stupid question at all.

Gyroscope functionality basically shifts the in-game screen without the use of any buttons. Rather, it is shifted by movement of the 3DS itself, just like how you can see what's in front of you on a camera screen before you take a picture. This video is very helpful in this respect and explains/shows you what it is and how it is used in the OoT 3D.

Jun 17, 12 at 3:41pm
Nagissa_chan

[quote=Phi|message:32656379]
[color=#2F4F4F][size=1][ul]I don't think there's been a thread like this but correct me if I'm wrong. ^^

As evident from the voice chat thread, the 3DS has a lot of features the Wii/DS/Gamecube don't have that could potentially become gameplay elements. Streetpass is even being worked into the game excellently.

Seeing as there's going to be more personalisation, being able to use the internal camera to model a character could have been awesome. 3: I'd also like to see the gyroscope being used.

So yeah, discuss ways the 3DS could spice up game play. :3

Not to be stupid but what do you mean by a gyroscope affect?

Jun 17, 12 at 3:37pm
Nagissa_chan

I think that it would be nice if you could see animals come out of their house's and if you could see store keepers like Tom Nook leave, close up, and lock their store

Jun 08, 12 at 11:33am
Arietta

I just don't want the motion controls to be there. And if they are, I want the ability to turn them off. Motion gaming is one of the most annoying things ever.

EDIT: Aaaand I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!
EDIT: Aaaand it looks like I already posted here saying the same thing!

Apr 22, 12 at 1:56pm
Fluidity

Well the 3D is a given; the trailer that they had on the e-shop was in 3D iirc, but I never got a chance to see it cause they took it down.

I hate gyro. I probably wouldn't use it either.

Apr 21, 12 at 9:49pm
Arietta

I wouldn't use either the gyroscope or 3D if they were added tbh.

Apr 21, 12 at 7:34pm
Fluidity

I suppose the only thing it could be used for is camera control, unless they come up with something else. Apparently we will be able to dive, so maybe to see under water? Highly doubt it, so Idk. Doesn't quite sound like I had an idea when I posted that, and if I did, I don't remember.

Apr 21, 12 at 1:36pm
Yellowpikmin476

The bottom screen could hold the inventory and designs and all that stuff, since the top screen would show gameplay due to the 3D. And the microphone should be used for something.
quote Fluidity
Ooooh. I'm telling on you! :x

I wonder if they'll incorporate the Circle Pad Pro into this game. Probably not.

What would it be used for?

Apr 21, 12 at 11:31am
pro girl

I think AR cards would be good.

Feb 14, 12 at 5:17am
Squiggle

It would be interesting to see how they could use the Circle Pad Pro. Perhaps switching through tools without opening the menu? Unless they would use the D-Pad for that.