Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » 10 reasons why the new smash will suck » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Feb 05, 12 at 4:32amSonicFire

1. Extended character roster but *insert character here* will be missing and the fanboys will rage

2. Extended stage list but *insert absurdly large and gay stage here* will once again have to be banned

3. The online will suck

4. It's made by nintendo

5. There is going to be yet another game-breaking character/move that will ruin the competitive scene (as you see The Jiggz has done so in maylay cause it's boring as hell to watch her unless it's Mango's and it's evident in brawl with Superknight)

6. The fun items will be removed (soccer ball <33333 )

7. Less room for The Jiggz with all the extra garbage that's going to be added

8. Planking is an ongoing and popular AT, one which I am a proud user of, and will be even gayer in the next smash

9. There will be no option to switch items on/off

10. There is probably going to be an extension of the SSE/another phail story mode will be made

What reasons do you think will make the next smash suck [even more] :I?

yus ;I

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 14, 13 at 9:48am
Sephiroth25

quote RegalBryant
quote Sephiroth25
My initial point was that determining a games quality solely by how much shit is crammed into it is idiotic. You can have a million characters and two million stages, but it doesn't mean the game itself is good.
But your original post implied quantity isn't good. You can have both quantity and quality in the same game, y'know.
I just meant that a game having a lot of content doesn't automatically make it good.

Feb 11, 13 at 4:48am
RegalBryant

quote Sephiroth25
My initial point was that determining a games quality solely by how much shit is crammed into it is idiotic. You can have a million characters and two million stages, but it doesn't mean the game itself is good.
But your original post implied quantity isn't good. You can have both quantity and quality in the same game, y'know.

Feb 10, 13 at 8:38am
BlueLore

GaTheZakk
Of course Captain falcon isn't as good as Ganondorf

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list

Or at least he is worst if 10 is a higher number than 7 or 38 a higher number than 34 XD

Feb 10, 13 at 2:32am
BlueLore

Also melee wasn't supposed to be so competetive,sakurai said he didn't intend the game to be so causual unfiriendly.
Brawl on the other hand was more causual friendly,which is exactly how it was intended to turn out.

Feb 10, 13 at 12:18am
Swampasaur

quote Sephiroth25
That's not the part that confuses me.

Ok so anyway, quality > quantity. The quality of the game itself is greater than the amount of shit you put into it. That is all I'm trying to say, not the quality of characters is greater than the quantity of characters, which I get the feeling is how people interpreted it, which is stupid. The characters in Melee are mad unique anyway, and the clones...well for clones they still have unique and interesting things about them. So for a supposedly rushed game they nailed the gameplay and characters quite nicely.
You find the clones in Melee unique but not the ones in Brawl?

Feb 09, 13 at 5:20pm
Sephiroth25

That's not the part that confuses me.

Ok so anyway, quality > quantity. The quality of the game itself is greater than the amount of shit you put into it. That is all I'm trying to say, not the quality of characters is greater than the quantity of characters, which I get the feeling is how people interpreted it, which is stupid. The characters in Melee are mad unique anyway, and the clones...well for clones they still have unique and interesting things about them. So for a supposedly rushed game they nailed the gameplay and characters quite nicely.

Feb 09, 13 at 4:40pm
Swampasaur

quote Sephiroth25
quote BlueLore
In melee they didn't notice that the game was so "hardcore",because they rushed it and they decided to implement some cheap made characters for quantity.
And now you've lost me completely.
He's right actually. Melee was rushed and had several last minute clones.

Feb 09, 13 at 4:32pm
Sephiroth25

quote BlueLore
In melee they didn't notice that the game was so "hardcore",because they rushed it and they decided to implement some cheap made characters for quantity.
And now you've lost me completely.

Feb 09, 13 at 3:06pm
BlueLore

quote Sephiroth25
quote BlueLore
Sephiroth25:
Yeah I mistook wavedashing for a glitch too at first,but int the end the whole way the game turned out was unintentional.They didn't want it to be that competetive and that casual-unfriendly.

Also(again) it is not as if melee was that good balanced,Fox and falco pretty much dominated,while pichu and mewtwo are considered to be quite underpowered.

And the inclusion of clones itself is a sign of quantity over quality,they are in the game because they rather included characters who are cheaply made instead of unique ones.
How competitive they wanted it to be is irrelevant to this random side topic of supposed glitches and game-breaking elements.

The problem is that you lamented the mentality quantity over quality and said that this ruined brawl.
However from what it appears is that the opposite was seemingly the case.

So yeah they actually went with the mentality of quantity over quality with melee and still ended up with a result that is in your opinion better than the one that was archieved with quality over quantity.

Feb 09, 13 at 1:26pm
Sephiroth25

quote bbb7002004
How exactly is it not a glitch? You are using the computer's logic against it to move in an unintended and unnatural way. It is the very definition of a glitch.

This is why I ignore these boards once the game releases.
Unnatural? Hardly. Everything about it makes complete sense. It's an exploit of game physics/mechanics. And no, exploits and glitches are not necessarily the same thing.

Still really confused as to why people are so hell bent on trying to label certain moves in Melee glitches.

Wavedashing - Not an intended result, but was noticed before the games release and allowed to go through. Exploitation but completely within the game's logic.

L-Canceling - Obviously 100% intended but some think it wasn't for whatever reason.

Don't know if there's anything else in the game people just hate oh so much but it gets pretty absurd sometimes.