Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dragon Ball Z: Budokai » Dragonball Z: Budokai 2 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 27, 02 at 8:51pmGotenx

hey evry1 i thought it would be cool to make up stuff about budokai like arenas, characters, moves ...etc.
well anyways heres my list of possible characters and their transformations, lemme know if i miss anything

Goku
-Super Saiyan
-Super Saiyan 2
-Super Saiyan 3
Signature Move: Ultimate Spirit Bomb (5 ki gages)

Gohan
-Super Saiyan
-Super Saiyan 2
-Mystic
Signature Move: Super Kamehameha

Gotenks
-Super Saiyan
-Super Saiyan 3
Signature Move: Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack

Vegeta
-Super Saiyan
-Super Saiyan 2
Signature Move: Big Bang Attack

Piccolo
-Sync w/ Nail
-Fuse w/ Kami
Signature Move: Special Beam Cannon

Mr. Buu (Fat One)
-Angry (Steam comes out of holes)
Signature Move: Food Ray

Evil Buu (Skinny Grey One)
Signature Move: ??? suggestion?

Kid Buu (True Majin Buu)
-Ultimate Buu (When he raised his energy by body drum)
Signature Move: Apocaylspe Bomb

Super Buu
-Piccolo Buu (Weaker, after losing transformation buu becomes this)
-Super Buu Power Weighted
-Gotenks Buu
-Gohan Buu
Signature Move: Rush Punch

Vegito
-Super Saiyan
-Super Saiyan 2
Signature Move: ??? suggestions ???

Dabura
Signature Move: Petrify Blast

Hercule
-High Tension
Signature Move: Present for you

Kibito
Signature Move: ??? Suggestions ???

Supreme Kai

Great Saiyaman
Signature Move: Justice Blast

Videl
-Great Saiyaman2
Signature Move: Justice Grenade

Goten
-Super Saiyan
Signature Move: Kamekameha

Trunks
-Super Saiyan

Ubuu
-Anger
Signature Move: Ultimate Ki Blast

Tien
-Four Witches
Signature Move: Tri Beam

Spopovitch

Pikon
Signature Move: Flare Spin

Kid Pan

Teen Pan (Kinda like Gt. Saiyaman, a sign that there would be a continuing game)

well those are all the characters i can think of rite now. if you can think of anyone else or transformations, just add them in a post.

This message was edited by Gotenx on Dec 30 2002.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 07, 07 at 1:08am
Mishtram

No more need for the thread to be stickied, methinks, especially with a third incarnation coming out. Anyone interested in discussing this game should go here.

Dec 26, 05 at 3:22am
Existence

mmmmmmm.......this forum is absolutly empty.i mean,the last post was more than an year back.

May 20, 04 at 3:46pm
imatramp

Theres now a forum for Budokai 3...

It won't be out for ages and we don't have much information about it...
Except for the fact that the gameplay will be like the last two, fighting with ki attacks...

Mar 05, 04 at 8:01pm
imatramp

because at first there was a thead for ideas then it came out there is one in all threads...

ideas for budokai 3 came out almost imedietly...

Jan 25, 04 at 1:35am
Tormentor

*Yeah*Why is this in the budokai 1 ,not in budokai 2 not to be mean or nothing but it is under the first one.

Jan 14, 04 at 9:13pm
imatramp

you should have just put that in a review for the game...

Jan 13, 04 at 3:51am
Sunblazer

quote vvynaut
ONE THING THEY SHOULD'VE TAKEN FROM HYPER DIMENSION IS THE HENKA BEAM OF BUU, AKA HUMAN CANDY.. IN HD IT ACTUALLY TURNS THE OPPONENT INTO A COOKIE, BUU CHEWS 'EM UP, THEN SPITS 'EM OUT. I think the game deserves more credit since it's pretty interesting. GT is rather dull, and with the conclusion of the Z series, the anime was losing appeal. This game brought it all back in an instant. The case had me addicted at GameStop! The opening anime cinema was superb (although i'm questioning Vegeta's browning hair.. does that signify his approach to super saiya-jin?). You've got everybody, Gokou, Piccolo, Goten, Videl, EVERYBODY. The list goes on. The game has something for everyone. The voices were right from the anime too, which helped made the first play through the game an eye popping awe-fest. Techniques, item equips, and the big thrill - fusions. Gotenks and Vegeto top the charts obviously, and there's more glee in being them than watching them. But don't get me wrong, watching is game is fun too. Each character is vividly represented in all their glory, despite their shrinking usefulness in the anime. They even threw in the hyper mode similar to Hyper Dimension, and the ki deflect/clashes from Super Butoden on SNES. I mean, you can pick their outfit, customize them according to your preferences, and whip out some neat combos. Atari has now become, in my mind, a top game comany - on par with heavyweights like Squaresoft (err..Square Enix..)and Capcom, and I'd say majorly due to this release! Of course, there are the downfalls like no jumping, a poor storyline that warps the anime's, and a few missing characters that deserve some spotlight.
Your opinion is the direct opposite of mine. The game was way too shallow. Sure it looks pretty, but graphics only take a game so far. It is very beatable in just a few days. The fights are way too short. I hate their supposed build up system (aka the shitty capsules). The fact that you can only use heroes (not including fusions) in dragonworld just ticks me off. They were going with a party/ story mode format, so why not just go the whole nine yards. And it's not two player. There are way too few levels in dragonworld. Yes I could go on forever. However, i'll rap this up.
Graphics=9.0
Superb
Gameplay= 6.0
Dragonworld is shitty. The combat system is shallow. The capsule system is way to elementary.
Sound= 9.0
I gave it this cuz it sounded fine to me.
Replay Value=3.0
You'll be playing this a few times to remember what playing as buu felt like. Then turning off the game in 10 mintues.
Thats abut it.
It gets a 6.8 from me (that's generous too)
Finally, The opening sequence looks funny because it's adjusted to Akira's new style.

Jan 12, 04 at 1:09am
vvynaut

ONE THING THEY SHOULD'VE TAKEN FROM HYPER DIMENSION IS THE HENKA BEAM OF BUU, AKA HUMAN CANDY.. IN HD IT ACTUALLY TURNS THE OPPONENT INTO A COOKIE, BUU CHEWS 'EM UP, THEN SPITS 'EM OUT. I think the game deserves more credit since it's pretty interesting. GT is rather dull, and with the conclusion of the Z series, the anime was losing appeal. This game brought it all back in an instant. The case had me addicted at GameStop! The opening anime cinema was superb (although i'm questioning Vegeta's browning hair.. does that signify his approach to super saiya-jin?). You've got everybody, Gokou, Piccolo, Goten, Videl, EVERYBODY. The list goes on. The game has something for everyone. The voices were right from the anime too, which helped made the first play through the game an eye popping awe-fest. Techniques, item equips, and the big thrill - fusions. Gotenks and Vegeto top the charts obviously, and there's more glee in being them than watching them. But don't get me wrong, watching is game is fun too. Each character is vividly represented in all their glory, despite their shrinking usefulness in the anime. They even threw in the hyper mode similar to Hyper Dimension, and the ki deflect/clashes from Super Butoden on SNES. I mean, you can pick their outfit, customize them according to your preferences, and whip out some neat combos. Atari has now become, in my mind, a top game comany - on par with heavyweights like Squaresoft (err..Square Enix..)and Capcom, and I'd say majorly due to this release! Of course, there are the downfalls like no jumping, a poor storyline that warps the anime's, and a few missing characters that deserve some spotlight.

Dec 18, 03 at 4:38pm
Kelgar The Dragon

I rented it, it is awesome. Some of the moves are pretty cool because you have to rotate the joysticks to power it up, some moves have you push a button and if the computer or other player press the same button the final blow will miss. You can do fusion with goten and trunks, potara with Goku and vegeta and the story mode is much better, it doesn't follow the story so much as it lets you choose who to fight. If you've ever played suikoden 3 it's like the war mode, except the fights are like a fighter and not an RPG. If you have memory from Budokai it gives you some free capsules right off the bat. It's really fun.

Dec 12, 03 at 2:31am
Gotenks

It's out now and i really want to play it i saw the commercial and it was awesome.