Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Is the MK14 overpowered? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Feb 02, 12 at 12:57amditto

Now I know what you're thinking. "Oh boy, another idiot calling OP and complaining about something that's not worth complaining about," but hear me out.

First:
quote Callofduty.wikia.com
The MK14 is unlocked at Level 60 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer. It has a low capped rate of fire, but it has high power, as it kills with two hits to the chest or one headshot at close range, and 3 shots to the body at long range. It will also kill with 2 shots at range if one is a headshot. Considering that this rifle has one of the longest effective range of all assault rifles, most of the time it should only take 2 shots to drop a target. Its recoil is very controllable compared to the M14 from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, especially when combined with the Kick proficiency.
As you can see, the MK14 is incredibly strong, even at long ranges. It has a moderate amount of recoil, but it can be controlled by simply tap firing or using the kick proficiency. It is similar to the FAL from MW2 in power, but there is one major difference. The FAL could get a one shot kill with a headshot only if the holographic sight was attached, or if you were within close range with stopping power. The MK14 can get OHK headshots without equipping a special attachment. The MK14 also has substantially less recoil than both of the semi-auto ARs from Black Ops. The FAL's recoil(MW2) was minimal, but most guns on that game could get 2-3 shot kills so it wasn't really a big deal, and the FAL was underused compared to other primaries.

I have been using the MK14 on drop zone lately, and it took me less than 3 games to get 75 kills with it. I haven't went negative since I've started using it. So what is your opinion on the MK14? Is it overpowered?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 07, 12 at 1:59am
The Money

It's not overpowered, it's just popular!

Jun 05, 12 at 11:30pm
KR_1250

Mk14 Overpowered?

No.

Sure i have posted here already but its such a stupid f***king question i keep forgetting.

Jun 05, 12 at 7:21pm
ThornSnyder

The Dragonuv is overpowered!

Or, from a Black Ops thread, "The grass is overpowered!"

Seriously. Spawn, die, repeat. That's CoD, and it's not my fault you guys keep buying it to complain

EDIT: My post was intended as a joke, just figured I'd point that out.

Jun 05, 12 at 4:54pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

quote HU1CH13
Does the CM901's upper receiver need to be changed along with the barrel?
Yes, it does.

quote HU1CH13
I'm sure the ACR can be added to that STANAG list as well.
I was talking about the 5.56mm weapons, specifically.

The ACR in-game would be using a special magazine designed for 6.8 SPC, because, while they fit in a regular 5.56mm 30-round magazine, it holds less than 30 rounds.
So it's either an extended magazine (unlikely), or a P-Mag designed to hold 30 6.8 rounds.
Either way, you're right, though.

Jun 05, 12 at 4:37pm
HU1CH13

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
^That's why Battlefield kicks ass.

No arbitrary stats.

But comparing guns in COD to gun in real life, is like comparing cars in Burnout to cars in real life.

But also, it's unclear what the CM901 chambers- it's a modular weapon that can chamber 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62.

And, just in case you were wondering;
The M4, M16, SCAR-L, G36C, and I belive the FAD not only use the exact same ammunition, but use the same STANAG magazines as well.
The Type-95, and Mk-46, and L86 LSW chamber 5.56.

And I'm not 100% sure the Type-95 uses the same NATO 5.56, or it's own variant.
Either way, it's a crappy Chinese weapon that defiantly should not be the "OP" gun in the game.
Does the CM901's upper receiver need to be changed along with the barrel? I would guess the in-game version would be the 7.62, I'm sure the ACR can be added to that STANAG list as well. Also, the Type-95 is actually the 97 variant of the QBZ with the 5.56 STANAG Mag etc.

Jun 05, 12 at 3:31pm
Deity

Heck yeah its overpowered, the kill time is way too fast over range with no recoil. I feel one shot and flinch and before i can react I'm dead. This is also a problem with the smgs but the mk can do it at long range

May 09, 12 at 2:40pm
thundermaniac

I say that it's only overpowered when there's a mod controller involved. I have the same opinion with snipers and mod controllers. You gotta suck to use a mod controller.

May 09, 12 at 11:15am
Dizzywallin

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
^That's why Battlefield kicks ass.

No arbitrary stats.

But comparing guns in COD to gun in real life, is like comparing cars in Burnout to cars in real life.

But also, it's unclear what the CM901 chambers- it's a modular weapon that can chamber 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62.

And, just in case you were wondering;
The M4, M16, SCAR-L, G36C, and I belive the FAD not only use the exact same ammunition, but use the same STANAG magazines as well.
The Type-95, and Mk-46, and L86 LSW chamber 5.56.

And I'm not 100% sure the Type-95 uses the same NATO 5.56, or it's own variant.
Either way, it's a crappy Chinese weapon that defiantly should not be the "OP" gun in the game.
I sure do love Battlefield. Realism wins every time for me.

Interesting info. I know its kind of point-less to even mention alot of this information, as 90% of the COD community doesn't care. But I still find it fun to ponder.

Yes, the Type has its own wierd measurements, like 5.30x42mm or something like that. And agreed. Crap chinese weapon.

May 09, 12 at 11:09am
Destroyer

Hearing about what someone perceives to be an overpowered gun gets so boring. The people who do this on Neoseeker clearly do not know what the term overpowered means. This weapon is simply very good in the right hands, nothing more.

May 09, 12 at 10:31am
theQman

quote XxSkelterXx
Another, On noes, this gun is overpowered thread??? What a shocker.. Call of Duty fans will ALWAYS find something to bitch about..When Blops 2 comes out, it will be the same.
This. Exactly.