Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Android General Discussion » General Discussion I: What's a root? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 01, 12 at 10:45pmtommex

Hello all, just thought I'd start a general discussion thread where we can discuss whatever's on your mind.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 09, 14 at 9:25pm
tekmosis

I'll chat up Dynamite and see if it's ok that I clean up all the spam.

Sep 09, 14 at 9:17pm
walnuts

quote tekmosis
holy banana's we have an android forum? <3
It's been overrun with spam but, yes, yes we do :>!

Sep 09, 14 at 9:06pm
tekmosis

holy banana's we have an android forum? <3

Sep 09, 14 at 9:05pm
walnuts

Whaddup homies - been a while since I've stalked this part of the Neo (actually, since I stalked Neo in general lol).

Anyway, I'm the current proud owner of a Nexus 5, but I'm angling for a Nexus 6 on release. I want one last big, flagship phone before I settle down into paying for my house. I'm happy with my Nexus 5, but I've got itchy feet and want the latest Nexus 6 haha.

One thing I'm REALLY looking forward to is (hopefully) a vastly improved battery life. I'm getting about three quarters of a day out of my N5 and frankly, it's just not good enough. They've promised a much improved battery, along with improvements in the software so I'm hoping I can comofrtably survive a day with the N6. Very jealous of the iPhone 6+ rumoured battery specs - absolutely monster!

Android 5.0 L will be interesting to see. A whole host of changes are coming to improve performance so hopefully we see something even slicker than what Android 4.0 was. Really can't wait!

I'm also desperately hoping they come out with something bigger on the memory stakes. I need at least 64GB, if not 128GB like what Apple are offering in the iPhone 6. I don't care if I'm paying more for it, I need it! 32GB just won't cut it for me personally, so I hope they seriously consider a bump in storage.

Other than that, anyone else looking at jumping on to the Nexus 6 in October/November?

A few random notifications for some activity

Nagare tommex tekmosis Wilhelm Ryan Mr Apples Vendetta

Apr 20, 13 at 3:15am
tommex

Yeah, basically I got an iPad when it was the only tablet really worth getting and liked it. A lot. Then, when the time came around to upgrade my phone, the iPhone 5 was only days away, so I jumped on it.

I still adore Android and play around with ROMs on my old Desire Z, but I don't have much time for it these days, as I'm getting ready for my post grad, so the iPhone was kinda the best choice I had at the time.

Apr 17, 13 at 1:21pm
Vendetta

The Nexus 4 is such an awesome phone. No regrets here! Nothing against iOS though, I just like the openness of Android.

Apr 17, 13 at 7:22am
Nagare

Tommex I dare as I may!

Monsieur Rapples, I believe it was after he got an ipad and liked it (at least I think he got an ipad). I was kinda the opposite in that I realized the ipad is awesome for what it is, but phones are way different and I love my Nexus. I liked my Focus more than the iPhone too.

Still wish that webOS would have done better too

Apr 17, 13 at 5:44am
Mr Apples

quote tommex
quote Nagare
Also, just noticed I overtook tommex as the top poster for the forum (probably awhile ago now, but I just noticed), too bad he left us behind for the iForums. I kid, I kid!
How dare you.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Why the switch?

Apr 17, 13 at 5:08am
tommex

quote Nagare
Also, just noticed I overtook tommex as the top poster for the forum (probably awhile ago now, but I just noticed), too bad he left us behind for the iForums. I kid, I kid!
How dare you.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Apr 16, 13 at 8:10pm
Nagare

After a few days, I've still got to say chat heads are pretty nifty and I almost wish that I never needed to go into the full Messenger app to start new conversations but that's okay I guess