Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Batman: Arkham City » Arkham Asylum or Arkham City batsuit? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 30, 12 at 11:39pm

I definitely prefer Arkham Asylum suit, with its black, grey, and dark grey color scheme.

It's the way Batman ought to look.

The Arkham City one is just way to bulky and hulking, he looks like he's on steroids. And do I even have to mention the purple cape and mask?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 05, 14 at 9:54am
ZANIACK

Rocksteady has come a long way.

Jan 19, 14 at 7:23am
anarky

in the mark of them

Jun 03, 13 at 3:32am
bensterlatto4

quote Kokoro
there was a lot of difference noticed on the AC original batsuit :
• The colour of the cape, cowl, gauntlets & boots were dark blue instead of AA's black colour.
• The gauntlets featured a mini computer interface.
• The cape is a more flexible and sleeker shape.
• Batman's bat symbol on the suit is a different shape.
• However the most noticeable difference ( in my opinion) is the belt

Oct 27, 12 at 1:31pm
Katarinman

Okay. Sure Batman is black in Asylum, and blue in City, but batman is always improving his stuff. From asylum to city what changes? - the bat symbol, the belt, the gauntlets have add-ons, he shaved. The color - well, he has different colors maybe for different reasons. Batman wore black on grey when he first started, but bluer when robin came about. In arkham asylum, joker said he could use a new sidekick, perhaps implying that Jason Todd had just died. So we have a darker, grimmer dark knight. Then, a year and a half later, Tim Drake is the new robin. Batman's a little happier, now. He's still batman.

Look at night owl from the Watchmen- BEST GRAPHIC NOVEL EVER!!! - He has the normal brown suit, the Orange Hazard suit, the Green Frog-man suit, the White Snow-camo suit, Batman may have the same stuff. Different suits for different missions. He may have had both suits in use, at once. Maybe, because the Joker had broken into the mayor's office, and kidnapped the mayor, maybe Batman chose THAT suit, for that reason. He just happened to be wearing that suit when Joker went berserk on the Asylum. Maybe, since he was in arkham city, he knew this was a big deal, so he chose his bigger, well-equipped, heavy duty suit.

What difference does it really make, anyway? Okay, yes, I do like the asylum suit better, and I wish that suit could be playable in Arkham city downloadable content, but technology at Wayne enterprise is always being created, fixed, and adjusted. As a hardcore Batman fan, I say let batman do his thing. If he got a little bigger, maybe he was working out more. If batman changed from black to blue, HE'S BATMAN! it's for good reason. If he changed his belt, he made it lighter, able to carry more. So I'm just going to let Batman do what he want's to, because I don't want "being smashed into a brick wall, head-on, to be the least painful activity of the evening." I'm not saying don't argue, I'm just saying don't make a big deal about it.

Sep 22, 12 at 4:31pm
ZANIACK

Blue cape default

Black cape PC mod

The raw texture maps of the Arkham City Batman character model:

Jun 26, 12 at 6:48pm
ZANIACK

quote oni_hero
quote ZANIACK
Yeah, a suit more like the 70s skin would have been a hundred times better.

Lucky you, they put it in a dlc! Switch your suit and the game is 100 times better!

The problem is you are comparing concept models from the first game to in game footage from the second game. That and Batman was just as bulky in Asylum, but remember Black is a slimming color so he didn't look it.
The 70s suit still sucks, it's ridiculous but at least not as ss backwards in design as the atrocious default. I already have some of the DLC skins, didn't have to pay a cent for Batman Beyond, Sinestro, The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman Inc.

Jun 25, 12 at 9:13pm
oni_hero

quote ZANIACK
Yeah, a suit more like the 70s skin would have been a hundred times better.

Lucky you, they put it in a dlc! Switch your suit and the game is 100 times better!

The problem is you are comparing concept models from the first game to in game footage from the second game. That and Batman was just as bulky in Asylum, but remember Black is a slimming color so he didn't look it.

Jun 25, 12 at 8:46pm
ZANIACK

quote oni_hero
Oh so these toys must piss you right the hell off then huh ZANIACK

They don't even have capes! NO CAPES!

Honestly though, it's not like they took the whole 70's detective blue and grey one and made you wear that, you would have broken your game! Change your batsuit and move on.

Back on topic though, I honestly like the Arkham City one more, the Asylum one's ear points seem way to tall to me.
First off, I actually had that red Batman toy on the left when I was a kid. It was fine to me back then. Second, the ears are the exact same length for both games. Third, the 70s suit would have been better, because its absurd but at least its not a ridiculous paradox like the default. And no ignorant liar would ever say it was black. Yeah, a suit more like the 70s skin would have been a hundred times better. Instead of making a campy version of Dark Knight, Rocksteady should've made the best Adam West themed game ever.

quote Lavitz
If the color of his cowl and cape seriously prevents you from enjoying this game - you have bigger problems to worry about. That is honestly the most asinine reason to not enjoy this game. By that reasoning, I assume you didn't like the animated series either due to the bluish tint on the cowl and cape. That's a shame.

But, anyways...I'm done with this garbage. I'll no longer feed your trolling and continue this discussion. Have a good day.
I loved the animated series and its feature films. Don't even claim that the cape in Arkham city has a "blueish tint", it isn't a cartoon or comic. It's meant to represent a comic universe with the aesthetic of real life with a few slight comic book elements in the visuals. The cape is either black or it isn't, period.

This message was merged with other messages by Stitch (moderator)

Jun 25, 12 at 1:51pm
oni_hero

Oh so these toys must piss you right the hell off then huh ZANIACK

They don't even have capes! NO CAPES!

Honestly though, it's not like they took the whole 70's detective blue and grey one and made you wear that, you would have broken your game! Change your batsuit and move on.

Back on topic though, I honestly like the Arkham City one more, the Asylum one's ear points seem way to tall to me.

Jun 25, 12 at 11:01am
Lavitz

If the color of his cowl and cape seriously prevents you from enjoying this game - you have bigger problems to worry about. That is honestly the most asinine reason to not enjoy this game. By that reasoning, I assume you didn't like the animated series either due to the bluish tint on the cowl and cape. That's a shame.

But, anyways...I'm done with this garbage. I'll no longer feed your trolling and continue this discussion. Have a good day.