Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » HELP!!! CANT REPEL GAOREN (village urgent) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Jan 26, 12 at 3:25pmjordan abc

Help! i cant repel or kill that gaoren. i tried every weapon ,but just wouldnt help. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 03, 12 at 4:55pm
roy10

use onslaught hammer

Feb 11, 12 at 6:55am
gn_x00

pellet gun

Feb 11, 12 at 6:35am
jordan abc

Now i passed hypno, which is jumping and attacking me with his legs....... and now, guess what? 2 monoblos!!!!!!
Please r.commend me what wpn and armr should i use. thanks!

Feb 05, 12 at 1:56pm
RaThaLoS 123 MhFu

keep on hittin legs i say use tiggy hammer with full blango and full upgrade.as i said keep hittin legs till hey all go red if he falls down keep hittin him he untill tyme is over.dont use dragonator or ballista focus on legs.hopfulley youll repel him-if u wanna kill him then make his legs full red and trip
2 tymes.

Jan 30, 12 at 11:04am
gn_x00

quote WakeCraterWind
I gotta disagree there. Fastest way to kill it is to smash it's hidden weakness with a White sharpness raw hammer with Triple pound, over and over. (only white sharpness can pass through the shell to reach its weakness)I just can't remember how I reached it, though. Once I managed to continually smash the weakness with the last hit of the TP, fastest Gaoren kill for me, ever.
quote gn_x00
congrats!!
So, next is LaoShan? or hypno?
if you want a faster way to kill Gaoren, the pierce hbg is one of the fastest way to kill it.
I don't say it's the fastest from all weapon class... It just fast for new people in its weapon classes (like myself for example. new in hbg). well, hammer can do them faster maybe, but for me who don't use them well enough, I won't be able to hit the weakspot. let alone kill it faster than HBG. it's just a matter of preference and experience

Jan 30, 12 at 6:49am
WakeCraterWind

I gotta disagree there. Fastest way to kill it is to smash it's hidden weakness with a White sharpness raw hammer with Triple pound, over and over. (only white sharpness can pass through the shell to reach its weakness)I just can't remember how I reached it, though. Once I managed to continually smash the weakness with the last hit of the TP, fastest Gaoren kill for me, ever.

Jan 29, 12 at 2:51am
gn_x00

congrats!!
So, next is LaoShan? or hypno?
if you want a faster way to kill Gaoren, the pierce hbg is one of the fastest way to kill it.

Jan 29, 12 at 1:38am
jordan abc

At last! i didnt repel but kill it! using Velociprey Claws+. I didnt know how i kill it. just make all legs very red x2 and hit his head.at the last min i demonize at only one of his leg and finally kill it. YEAHH!

Jan 28, 12 at 9:03am
gogengantes

A good HBG to get and a good armor set is the ceanataur gunner armor (to get pierce S up) and as a weapon Daora's Delphinidae is a good pierce weapon and get cat cooks that give felyne heroics as a skill (+35% damage when health is under 10). I don't know for sure if you can make armory jewels but if you can try and gem your armor with 5 of those jewels to get the bullet limit skill.

Or as an alternative Adrenaline +2 (I think that's from normal monoblos armor it's a skill called potential.) will be good aswell with the same weapon.

Just keep shooting his skull with pierce shots in a manner that the shot goes through his entire skull, like Gn said it's weak spot is in the skull so if you shoot him like that you're sure to hit him. (you can look up a youtube vid of mazereon about this fight iirc if you want a visual example of how easy and fast it is to gun Gaoren)

Jan 27, 12 at 8:52am
gn_x00

for gaoren, use fire or dragon. IIRC they do the same damage.
use megajuices and power juices (if you need) and demon dance the leg when it stopped to attack the town. Position yourself so that you don't get kicked by the leg when it moves. keep attack the leg until its bright red (the second red) and change to other leg. after some time, gaoren will fall down and you will have 2 options:

1)Attack the face
it's simple. just demon dance it until it stand again and back to attack the leg

2)Attack the weak point
Its weak point is inside it's shell, which is a little tricky to attack. your only change to attack this when gaoren fall down, but you need to position yourself really well (don't ask me. never try this myself. Mazereon said that it is possible to attack the weak point in his dual sword compendium) if your sword hit the shell, it will only do around 1/4 of attack in the head. but if you do hit the weak point, the damage is around 2 times the damage in the head.

I assume this is the 6 star elder's gaoren.
the best fire dual is Hi Twin Flames and the best dragon is flaming pair.
flaming pair need lao shan's carves which IIRC isn't accessable until you beat gaoren. so go with hi twin flame.

I rarely use DS on gaoren. I used to do GS on him, but since he is a walking hp tank, I think every weapon has the same basic 'hit till it dies/leave' and 'don't get hit'.
Well, pierce him with HBG and Adrenaline+2/heroic is much more faster IMO.

and I see the melee damage faq for the amount of damage...

GOOD LUCK!