Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Pokemon Trainer » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Jan 26, 12 at 3:13amNapoleonDos

The glory of Pokemon trainer is that he represents the beloved first generation perfectly.

He is so incredibly because he is the most logical Pokemon character to be added, the one you control in all the main games, and never realize or really think to say he is the one you would control.

His value is nostalgic and reflective of the first generation and the Pokemon-iconic idea of the starter Pokemon. The starters from other generations are neither as famous/recognizable nor as historically powerful for Nintendo, and they as a whole are just other Pokemon. If we are going to go with the starters, we go with the STARTING starters. Having him switch to other Pokemon is ridiculous.
It is made even more absurd when you think that the starter Pokemon from other generations could not possibly be substituted in without the moves changing completely. SSB has yet to completely revamp a move-set, even when it was asked for by fans, and this would be a super strange way to do so.

....now he just needs a better Final Smash, like a super powerful Pokemon to come out as his final. If Mewtwo is not added in, this would be a great way for him to make a cameo! Going along with his representation of the first generation, Mewtwo was the original badass. This would pay his respects in the perfect way.

Ideally Id like to see them honor Meowth in a similar way to this, but I couldnt for the life of me figure out how.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 20, 12 at 10:44pm
AgatioGanon

I would like to see N represented as a Trainer.

He played a very important role in Black and White so therefore there should be a reference of him in Super Smash Bros 4.

Could they do that?

I was thinking maybe ether having the Pokemon Trainer have a N costume or putting Zoroark in and one of his alternate outfits, he has green hair and N's hat.

Which one would represent N better?

Sep 16, 12 at 9:55pm
GaTheZakk

I just thought of another idea using the Pokemon Trainer mechanic, what about someone from Pokemon Conquest?

I was thinking the Main character and then we could play as Eevee and Eevee's final smash could be he evolves into one of his evolution forms.

They could bring back Rayquaza as Nabunaga's Rayquaza for a boss battle, although I'd perfer if they had Ghetsis use Kyurem for a boss battle.

Sep 01, 12 at 3:12pm
BlueLore

quote bbb7002004
But Ash has long been a name choice for Red. They are one in the same, with some slight tweaks to character design.

Either way it doesn't really matter since Smash has no set in stone rules and Nintendo/Sakurai can put whatever they want in the game.
while that is true,the canon name for the pokemon trainer of the 1st gen is red(and he is also the only main character who has his canon name given in the games themselves).
Not to mention,that ashs design never appears in the games(however they could give the regular pokemon trainer a recolour that resembles him).

And yeah nintendo can do whatever they want,but including ash from the anime,would be rather off.

Aug 30, 12 at 3:23pm
bbb7002004

But Ash has long been a name choice for Red. They are one in the same, with some slight tweaks to character design.

Either way it doesn't really matter since Smash has no set in stone rules and Nintendo/Sakurai can put whatever they want in the game.

Aug 30, 12 at 2:35pm
BlueLore

quote bbb7002004
Yellow version is a response to the show, so Ash is the character avatar. Smash also uses the voice tracks from the show for pokemon instead of their game calls.
even though smash draws a lot from the anime(even the pokespeak does barely appear in the games),the fact remains that ash is an anime character and doesn't appear in any game.
The trainer in yellow is like the trainer in red/blue and the fact that reds main pokemon is a pikachu suggest that if you give the trainer a canon-identity,it would be Red

Aug 30, 12 at 12:13pm
bbb7002004

I meant the Pokemon used in Smash, both playable and pokeball. Kinda like how Lucario and Mewtwo have humanoid grunts and laughs after having been able to talk in the show/movies.

Aug 30, 12 at 10:54am
Eiche

Only the voice track was used for Pikachu in Yellow, iirc. The game was based on the anime, but the trainer sprite was still of Red, it didn't change in any way to resemble Ash.

As for Trainer appearance though, I think it'd be cool to do what Wario had in Brawl, where he had his WarioWare outfit and his Mario game outfit. So, they could use Red as the normal, Brendan as a green, Ethan as a yellow, Hilbert as a white, Kyouhei as a blue, and the D/P protag as a red, maybe? And then corresponding female protags, of course.

A lot to ask for and very unlikely, but it'd be cool to see.

Aug 30, 12 at 6:57am
bbb7002004

Yellow version is a response to the show, so Ash is the character avatar. Smash also uses the voice tracks from the show for pokemon instead of their game calls.

Aug 29, 12 at 1:18pm
BlueLore

The pokemon trainer will definetly return,after all he is the main character of the pokemon franchise.

giving the option to switch him with other pokemon trainers (maybe as opposed to colour swaps) is a good idea,but ash will definetly not be included,since ash is an anime-only-character.

the idea of connecting smash bros with the pokemon games and migrate pokemon from there is unrealizable,since it would mean that you have to make movesets for a massive amount of pokemon.
not to mention that it would make the other pokemon charas rather unnecessary.

The idea that you can choose between several pokemon for the trainer to build your own team is interesting,but still rather unlikely as it would mean much work for a single character.

Aug 29, 12 at 12:49pm
GaTheZakk

If this character doesn't get cut, then the things I would like to see done are,

I think they should let the player choose what trainer they want to be and those choices would be

Red, Leaf, Ethan, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda and Ash

In Brawl I didn't think the three Pokemon that Red had were very good choices except for Charizard, he was a good choice, but still I think the player should be able to choose which three Pokemon he or she wants to put in in the Brawl.

So another idea I came up with is instead of putting three starter pokemon in, since the 3ds might have some sort of connection thing going, why not make it so that we could connect the Super Smash Bros 3ds game with a nearby Pokemon Black or White game and migrate three Pokemon of the players choosing to the Trainer's roster.

And you can also put these pokemon on the Wii U using the 3ds connection with the Wii U

This would be a cool way to keep Lucario if he is cut

Blazeken can finally be put in

I personally would put my level 100 Hydreigon in

Does anybody like my idea?

If so what Pokemon Trainer would you pick?

Also which Pokemon would you migrate to Super Smash Bros from Black and White?