Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Why was frost not in 'down the rabbit hole'? (campaign) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 12 at 11:03pmresi _4_zombie

When i was playing back through on veteran, I actually noticed frost was not in the mission where team metal meet their demise.At first I though you was frost, but I restarted the level and found your are actually Yuri.

I was heavily disappointed that we did not see the main protagonist is not in one of the most important missions in game.I wonder if it was IW being lazy again.

I hope he, in some way, does survive on with Nikolai and Price.

three protagonists standing and as many antagonists as IW can dream up.I think we have a severe case of riding a franchise raw with Modern warfare 4

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 18, 14 at 6:52pm
jc12005991

1)I bet IW didn't want the MW3 fans to see frost ,because they normally don't reveal a playable characters appearance.2)Frost and the rest of TM died in the mine.Look it up.

Nov 08, 13 at 8:27pm
CoDInsider

Little did people know, but Frost is actually a figment of Sandmans imagination. It is hinted a few times in the campaign. Try and find them, the first is toward the end of Black Tuesday.

Apr 12, 13 at 8:33pm
vigneshvgy

I can give an answer here for you guys.
Delta force finally dead in that mission.
They all dead.
Being Frost is the main protagonist. IW not interested to make another main protagonist to die, because already the hero of COD4 and CODMW2, Soap Mactavish itself dead in this game, and you can see in each episodes of this game, only one playable character dies. Let Frost lives and hey really any real men will get tired by fighting this much long time, Frost being fighting well more than Sandman, Grinch and any other man in Delta team, so he is taking rest in his home.
Let him live.

Mar 12, 13 at 1:07am
yeahmaybe

probably in another mission or assigned in another team

Dec 07, 12 at 5:52pm
DarkBlade725

All I know is i'm not going to get MW4 but if someone will kindly gift one for me

Dec 07, 12 at 12:52pm
Anonymous Reborn

Possibly Frost is going to become the "New Soap" in MW4.

Dec 06, 12 at 4:05pm
TheWeeMan09

I believe he is not there so that he doesn't get left behind and die with the rest of delta squad. They leave him alive for MW4.

Sep 30, 12 at 9:46pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

It's been awhile since I've played the COD4 campaign, but I'm pretty sure Griggs left the mission early- while Jackson and Vasquez continued onward.

If I remember correctly- you start off in the Chinook, firing the Mk-19. After awhile, it touches down and lets you off, but Griggs stays on.

Realistically, it probably wouldn't have been far enough away to survive the blast and/or fallout (It probably would have been stationed and refueled out of a nearby FOB), but in "Hollywood logic" it made it out of the blast zone.

Sep 30, 12 at 7:54pm
Anonymous Reborn

I'm wondering this as well. I'm also wondering why SSgt. Griggs wasn't with Lt. Vasquez and Sgt. Jackson during Shock and Awe.

Sep 30, 12 at 7:11pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

I'm pretty sure that was Sandman in front of him- who was in "Rabbit Hole".

But there could be a number of reasons he wasn't there, with the first and foremost being "plot hole".
But he could have also been injured- he had Sandman fall on top of him- and a soldier in full kit can weigh over 300lbs. He could have taken shrapnel to his extremities, or had a brain injury due to the overpressure of the explosion. (Sandman may have just been lucky to have not sustained any).
He could have also been attached to a different unit or team at the time of "Rabbit Hole" for some unexplained reason.

EDIT::
Oh- this is a bumped thread from January.