Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » CES 2012 Day 2 Coverage » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 17, 12 at 5:57amleochan

Neoseeker's CES 2012 coverage continues in part TWO of our event report with booth highlights from Arctic Cooling and Diamond Multimedia. We even tangle with heavyweights like Razer, Sennheiser and NVIDIA, and mostly live to tell the tale. Get a glimpse of what these bad boys have in store (or already are pushing to stores) in our report.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 18, 12 at 12:57am
H_Jager

Shadow
I think that the TRON mouse pad would work with any mouse. They did not have it set up for us reporters to play with, but from talking with the company rep I was led to believe that the bio-luminescent pain on the trim was head activated from your hand. So that as your hand swiped across it it would activate the light. NO word on how long that paint would last, but knowing Razer I would imagine quite a while.

I agree with you about the keyboard keys as well. I myself use a 1988 SiliconGraphics mechanical keyboard just because I enjoy the tactile response of the mechanical action. This is why I am personally interested in their BlackWidow series. That series uses all mechanical spring-loaded keys.

I will admit upfront that I am slightly biased towards Sennheiser. I have had a PC 156 headset that have been amazing for years now. They lasted me through my college years without breaking, and that is saying something.

Supernova1332
I agree with you about the Fiona. I was personally not too impressed with it. They didn't have it open and available for us press to play with, but I would imagine that battery life would be an issue.

all
Glad you enjoyed the coverage!

Jan 17, 12 at 5:08pm
chautemoc

quote Shadow of Death
Odd thing. Maybe it's just me, but I notice a strange symbol in a line on the first page:

quote Line
The Freezer i30 is one of Arctic’'s newer coolers on the market.
Right in the middle, instead of "Arctic's", there is a weird symbol between the 'c' and the apostrophe.
Thanks. Fixed.

Jan 17, 12 at 4:29pm
Supernova1332

Awesome coverage so far at CES keep up the great work

Loving most of the products so far but I have big doubts about Project Fiona. Between horrible battery life and low framerates or low settings (Or both in some cases) in new games I just don't see where this would fit in other than casual pc gamers, but then casual PC gamers aren't going to spend 1k on a tablet with thumb-sticks. Surely it's a cool idea but it doesn't have a big enough niche to be successful.

Jan 17, 12 at 12:51pm
Shadow of Death

Odd thing. Maybe it's just me, but I notice a strange symbol in a line on the first page:

quote Line
The Freezer i30 is one of Arctic’'s newer coolers on the market.
Right in the middle, instead of "Arctic's", there is a weird symbol between the 'c' and the apostrophe.

Also, I want that Tron Keyboard and that mousepad (would it work with other mice?). Keyboard just sounds like the sex TBH. Bet it's expensive as heck >_> Yeah, it's $150 which isn't cheap. I found the Mouse (no trackpad) available on NCIX, but I had to go to Newegg.ca to find the Keyboard (though it's not currently available, it's listed for $130, which is less than the price on Razer's site).

Shame it seems that the style of the keyboard impacts its function. Would make for a poor gaming keyboard. Especially those flat keys (I like the more traditional blocky~ish keys). Pity. So yeah, I'll pass.

The Blade looks sexy as ever, but the price is even steeper than I expected >_> $2800? So much for recommending that to my friend over his Vaio idea. It costs twice as much XD

I'll have to remember Sennheiser much later on. I currently have a good pair of Turtle beach 4.1 headphones, and have another pair of headphones that might be better that I never got around to setting up XD

Jan 17, 12 at 6:26am
tehpikachu

Thanks a lot for the coverage.

Jan 17, 12 at 5:57am
leochan

Neoseeker's CES 2012 coverage continues in part TWO of our event report with booth highlights from Arctic Cooling and Diamond Multimedia. We even tangle with heavyweights like Razer, Sennheiser and NVIDIA, and mostly live to tell the tale. Get a glimpse of what these bad boys have in store (or already are pushing to stores) in our report.