Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Music Forum Requests, Feedback and Suggestions » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jan 11, 12 at 5:46pmEricF

Previous thread

quote Rune Ripper
Image-mapped links would be a nice touch, no?
If any of you guys are ace with markup here, I'd love a hand. I'm hopeless.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 11, 16 at 3:22pm
Iscariot

quote EvilTediz597
When I was mod, I had a little OCD in which every musician centred thread had to have a genre subtitle - you know, the kind of thing that says under the name "[Alternative, Prog Rock]"
yeah, this is what I want to use tags for. I mean, it narrows it down to assigning any bands a single overarching genre, but it leaves the caption open for something else, and I'm open to ideas about what. maybe a real brief description, something like "influential '90s grunge band from Seattle, WA" (using nirvana or soundgarden or pearl jam as the example here)?

Apr 04, 16 at 2:05pm
EvilTediz597

Tags sounds good. When I was mod, I had a little OCD in which every musician centred thread had to have a genre subtitle - you know, the kind of thing that says under the name "[Alternative, Prog Rock]"

Apr 04, 16 at 9:44am
Iscariot

members of the neo music community, I call upon you for ideas on bringing some new life into this place.

at the moment, Chelskiman and myself are in the process of figuring out how best to clean up and better cater the tags list in the forum. currently it's mostly made up of music genres and subgenres that often feel a tad too vague or too specific (and rarely anywhere in between).
many threads still have captions that go into a bit more detail about the genre, which I'm all for as well, though using the tags does provide a nice way to view all other threads utilizing this tag.

I'd also like to get some updated tag images designed after this is all figured out. input welcome on what kind of aesthetic we might want to achieve with these as well. the current ones just feel very bland, and I'm hoping to have something that stands out a little more.

Mar 29, 16 at 8:21pm
Iscariot

quote EvilTediz597
Since you're mods now, make it known by editing the first post in the Rules Index.
oh yeah, meant to update that weeks ago. that [pre] coding is such a damn mess.

I§C. okay, done. it was a bigger mess than I had predicted.

Mar 29, 16 at 7:55pm
EvilTediz597

Hey you goofs.

Since you're mods now, make it known by editing the first post in the Rules Index.

Mar 18, 16 at 9:11am
Iscariot

hey music junkies and casual listeners!

it's been a little over a week now since Chelskiman and myself were promoted to succeed Mister MacPhisto as moderators of the great music forum.

this is an area of the site, and indeed the world, that I have always been passionate about, and I'd like to encourage that you pose any questions and feedback that you have for the way things are running here, or any ideas you may have to improve the state of the forum.
    if any concerns or queries come up, please don't hesitate to post them here or send one of us a PM.

on that note, we're still discussing some ideas. in the coming month, you'll likely be seeing a new header and some revamped prefix tags as we work to organize things a little more neatly.
    if you'd like to get some graphics submitted for either of these, we'd love to see what you come up with! ideally, they'd be musically-themed and work with the flow of the forum and neo as a whole.

if anything else comes to mind in the meantime, please let us know!

May 18, 15 at 3:37am
Mister MacPhisto

Eiche

Go for it. I love it when people post threads.

Means I don't have to.

May 17, 15 at 9:59pm
Eiche

Mister MacPhisto (hi), just came off a concert high and was considering posting a thread for the yearly venue Rock on the Range, assuming it's alright? I'm a bit exhausted now and... yeah it's now over until next May, but I figured I'd post it up in the morning while it was still fresh in my mind.

Also I need to stop in here more often. It's been a while.

Feb 21, 15 at 2:14pm
Mister MacPhisto

Reason, well it allows for more focused topics, more variety of topics, and also more search engine hits.

Feb 21, 15 at 2:04pm
Reason

Interesting to see album threads now Mister MacPhisto, has this been a good change for the Music forum, I guess it keeps threads more fresh?