Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Music Forum Requests, Feedback and Suggestions » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jan 11, 12 at 5:46pmEricF

Previous thread

quote Rune Ripper
Image-mapped links would be a nice touch, no?
If any of you guys are ace with markup here, I'd love a hand. I'm hopeless.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 4, 16 at 10:15pm
Iscariot

quote Dark Xionei
Possibly sticky the forced listening? I feel that's another good way for users to discover new music. Of course that depends on the users interest and patience to actually digest something out of their comfort zone.
feel free. would be nice if that got more than a passing gaze from just the three of us, wouldn't it?

weekly recommendations thread was a nice idea, but maybe the format needs some tweaking, having looked at it earlier.

Dec 4, 16 at 8:39pm
Dark Xionei

I was going to suggest we bring back the weekly recommendation. Possibly sticky the forced listening? I feel that's another good way for users to discover new music. Of course that depends on the users interest and patience to actually digest something out of their comfort zone.

Edit: also EvilTediz597 I'm liking what you're doing haha

Dec 4, 16 at 7:30pm
Iscariot

awesome, EvilTediz597, always good to utilize those where we can.

Dec 4, 16 at 4:29pm
EvilTediz597

Thanks Iscariot, you're a magic man.

I thought I'd also like to mention that the tag system the forum has. I've been cataloguing some bands on the forum with genre tags, which you can find at the bottom of the forum. Mind you, not EVERYTHING is catalogued, but I make sure to put in any thread I come across.

Like if you're looking for hip-hop, or maybe some math-rock. There's even one if you're looking specifically for female vocalists.

Dec 4, 16 at 12:49pm
Iscariot

quote EvilTediz597
Yo Iscariot, can we move these posts into the Feedback thread?
like MAGIC!!

Dec 4, 16 at 12:47pm
EvilTediz597

It's not a bad idea, I was thinking about doing something like that. In fact, I think Dark Xionei was also interested in something similar. It would be a good way for people to check out stuff, as well as possibly linking them to designated threads in the forum for individual groups.

We used to have a Weekly Recommendation feature that shed light on relatively unknown acts. This could be a good way for people in the community to share similar tastes and trade, sort of like how back in the day Foquinha introduced me to Mew due to my taste in dreampop.

Yo Iscariot, can we move these posts into the Feedback thread?

Dec 4, 16 at 11:51am
Billyamaysed

I'm thinking more along the lines of:

1.The thread is created.
2. Everybody posts in the thread or pms the thread keeper their preffered music types/bands
3. The thread creater updates the opening post with the information people give him, such as:

That way, people who are interested could easily recommend bands/music to other people.

If a thread like this already exists, i am sorry for wasting the time of you fine fellas

Dec 4, 16 at 11:44am
Iscariot

Billyamaysed pretty sure we have such a thread around. like recommending music to people based on stuff they already like?
otherwise I'm not sure what format you had in mind. individual threads seem fine, too.

Dec 4, 16 at 11:40am
Billyamaysed

Hey guys

So, believe it or not, I love music with a passion. Im not just some dumb kid, im a dumb kid who loves music.

Anyways, ive been skimming this recommendations thread created by evil (i think), and i thought that it may be a good idea if we made a similar thread, but for everyone

Anyone interested in that?

Nov 23, 16 at 11:47am
Dark Xionei

It's probably time to clean up the prefixes a bit. Had another member ask about a certain genre, and I feel there's a few tags that will probably not be as used as something more generalized.