Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Where are you now? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 10, 12 at 5:31pmRust

This thread is mostly directed towards the older members of the forum, those of us who remember when everyone posted left and right, when the Dojo actually had a purpose and Crews was a fine mess that rivaled even Loungin' in activity.

But, since most of you aren't around, I have to ask, where are you now?

How many people here still play competitive Brawl?
Casual Brawl?

How about tournaments? Online or off?
Do you place these days? Or can you admit that you haven't gotten much better and just go for the people?

I'm more of a casual Brawler these days. I can't really get into it like I used to, though the spark's coming back. Whenever there's a local tournament, I'll end up going (because mah city sucks and it's free money), but traveling isn't really an option to me. I did find myself sad to miss Apex, though.

How about you fine folks?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 22, 12 at 9:03am
Kokoro

You know, I don't think I've played this at all since the new year started. I'm sure I'll go back to play this a bit more someday though.

Feb 22, 12 at 3:51am
BrawL

quote Sakuraba Neku
Not playing this shit.

Feb 20, 12 at 5:33pm
Mazda

After I finished college and got a job back in 2011 I gradually stopped playing brawl, lent my Wii out as I played a lot more Xbox, finally got the Wii back 2 weeks ago, may start playing again. Still working but things have got easier so i have more free time. Smash isnt such a big thing where i live just sometimes play casually with mates.

Feb 08, 12 at 8:10am
Trogdor_002

I still play brawl competitively when I have the time to, but recently I've been playing more TF2.
I started going to monthly local tournies about a year ago and I still am. I still suck at this game, but I'm trying to get better and ranked.

Jan 24, 12 at 1:31am
Sakuraba Neku

Not playing this shit.

Jan 16, 12 at 5:12pm
SandStone

As of now, I'm on the Xbox360 playing Gears of War 3 mostly, though my interest in RPG is slowly coming back, I might get myself into Final Fantasy again, even if it is just a sequel.

But I'm also on the PC, playing League of Legends, and somehow got myself interested in MapleStory again, after reading articles of how much that game has changed since 2005.

Other than the games, I've continued to teach myself more on Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash.

As for Brawl, I sold it along with the Wii a year or two ago. It's not just the game that disappointed me, its the online service but I guess also the lack of options in online play. Going to tournaments for offline play is not an option for me. Though I am slowly regretting selling the Wii since Skyward Sword came out...

This community has got me to try out other traditional fighting games. But that fell short, since there's not much of an online community than the offline.

Anyway, not going to bother with WiiU, but I can't recall if the article I read stated that the next Smash bros will also be on the 3DS, if so I might get it.

Jan 14, 12 at 6:36pm
Lute Pwns All

Huh...what did I do? I can't quite remember.

I think I went on playing MMO's like a real loser, became pretty darn good at the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood MP, would hop on here every now and again. Somewhere in there my Wii broke, so I felt obligated to re complete Subspace Emissary again, and that's the last thing I remember about Brawl. Oh I miss it so.

Right now, playing Skyward Sword when I can, otherwise I'm in the build shop for our theatre. Oh yeah, and a lot of TF2.

Jan 13, 12 at 2:48pm
bbb7002004

You can play anything competitively, you just need a group of people willing to invest time and energy into playing a game that way. Look at arcade games like Donkey Kong, they certainly weren't built for the stuff people do on them now.

As for me, I still plug in Brawl occasionally. I was never a competitive player to begin with and the online was pretty terrible giving me no reason to try and become one. Plenty of other games to play though, so Brawl is usually reserved for when people come over followed by a few days of heavy play on my part. Honestly, I left the forum once it became so overloaded with competitive jargon that even thinking about the game stopped being fun.

Jan 13, 12 at 8:36am
Kokoro

Yeah, I'm a casual player at the game too.

Jan 12, 12 at 8:28pm
Junglepwner

quote Power of Slash
quote Junglepwner
Its like saying im a tournament mario kart player...
Just because it's not traditional (read Capcom fighting game) doesn't mean it's not legit. It's a party game with rules set by a community that turn it into a unique fighting game of it's own. I for one am for thinking outside of the box, so to dismiss something that does that really irks me, I hope you understand.
Nah I get where your coming from. Some people just make me laugh when they say their "hardcore" brawl tourney players and they are so elite.