Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dragon Age II » Bethany (Spoiler if anyone hasn't played this yet) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 07, 12 at 11:17amesoterikos

Bethany came back???

My 3rd play through.
I was going for a group of cheevos.
Romance - Fenris
Rival - Anders
Mage Hunter, (side w/Templars x5)
Friendship w/Sebastian

I was a Rogue, Bethany went to the Circle.
I was a douche to the mages throughout the game,
argued with Bethany before the big battle.

Battled Orsino, then Bethany returned to my lineup!
I had 51 points to play with, and i was able to fill both the healing and force trees. 2 minutes later the whole party leveled and i added death syphon. It was like opening an unexpected gift.

I've never even heard that it was possible to get her back.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 13, 12 at 10:01am
esoterikos

This last time I was as rude to Aveline as I could be, and by the end she liked me more than in any other playthrough! lol.

But I also got Carver's Friend rate up over 50% before the Deep Roads and he was nicer than I thought he could be. When he came back at the end he was actually sweet.

I'm wondering if it would be worth another playthrough just to be mean to Bethany to see if she would get bitchy. And how guilty would I feel?

May 12, 12 at 6:10pm
gobi1972

quote esoterikos
And maybe with fewer characters they would have made the interaction with them as good and involved as in Origins. A problem in this game was that any time you got interested in finding out more details of one of the AI characters, you couldn't talk to them again for another 5 hours of gameplay.

And, oh to make Aveline an NPC would be wonderful.
Yeah, I thought so too. I mean, is Aveline even important? She is the Captain of the Guard and her role (toward the Hero) can easily be fullfilled even if she is an NPC.

My guess is that Aveline, the dark elf and others were merely possible "love interest". If that is the case, I couldn't help but to wonder if it is really needs a love interest in this game.

May 12, 12 at 8:00am
esoterikos

quote gobi1972
I did wonder if the other characters were necessary at all. I know they are there to extend the story but they could easily serve as a NPC. Take Aveline or Isabela or that Elf (forgot the name). Their stories are required in the end of the game, but I hardly doubt they are required throughout the game.

It could be fun if there's only Hawke, Betty and Carver (and dwarf, forgot the name again), but other than that, I hardly think others should be bothered much with.
And maybe with fewer characters they would have made the interaction with them as good and involved as in Origins. A problem in this game was that any time you got interested in finding out more details of one of the AI characters, you couldn't talk to them again for another 5 hours of gameplay.

And, oh to make Aveline an NPC would be wonderful.

May 11, 12 at 7:42pm
gobi1972

quote esoterikos
Both siblings are so powerful that it would be kind of cool to play the game through with just the Hawke kids, lol. It is great being able to add all those points at once and build them just the way you want.
Agreed. I did wonder if the other characters were necessary at all. I know they are there to extend the story but they could easily serve as a NPC. Take Aveline or Isabela or that Elf (forgot the name). Their stories are required in the end of the game, but I hardly doubt they are required throughout the game.

It could be fun if there's only Hawke, Betty and Carver (and dwarf, forgot the name again), but other than that, I hardly think others should be bothered much with.

May 11, 12 at 2:45am
esoterikos

quote gobi1972
Only bad thing here was, BIOWARE didn't allow me to use Bettany for too long - on the first year and on the last scene.
Both siblings are so powerful that it would be kind of cool to play the game through with just the Hawke kids, lol. It is great being able to add all those points at once and build them just the way you want.

May 10, 12 at 11:19pm
gobi1972

quote esoterikos
What was written on the first page about the Wardens is either wrong, or only applies to Bethany, not Carver. I just played as Carver, took him to the Deep Roads, made him a Warden, and he came back.

Never tried it with Bethany though.
I played twice and in both times, Carver got carved by a large Orge.

On the first game, I left Bettany in Kirkwall and she was taken by the Templars. On the second, I had took her along (with Anders) and she end up as a Grey Warden. In the end of the game, she returned to me (with 26 points to upgrade) and helped out. She and Merril was awesome and both managed to kill just about everything and anything which came our ways. Go! Betty!

Only bad thing here was, BIOWARE didn't allow me to use Bettany for too long - on the first year and on the last scene.

Apr 30, 12 at 1:15pm
esoterikos

What was written on the first page about the Wardens is either wrong, or only applies to Bethany, not Carver. I just played as Carver, took him to the Deep Roads, made him a Warden, and he came back.

Never tried it with Bethany though.

Apr 12, 12 at 8:58pm
gobi1972

quote esoterikos
I had forgotten that I had made that same assumption about the Wardens.
Bethany!!! Betty ... No!!!!

ONLY character (besides Varric and Merril) which I actually like and BIOWARE stole her from me. NO!!!!

I think she is better off being left in Kirkwall during the Deep Road Expedition. At least there, she could be in the Circle and lead (somewhat) a normal life. Maybe even have a husband and kids.

Apr 12, 12 at 2:00am
esoterikos

I had forgotten that I had made that same assumption about the Wardens.

Apr 11, 12 at 9:37pm
gobi1972

WHAT??? BETHANY !!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't ya tell me that before? I just the Deep Road and override the file a few times after doing the subquests. T_T