Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » how to format a write-protected SD card? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 07, 12 at 12:57amNeon Rayquaza

how do you do it?

it won't let me format my SD cu it's write-protected.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 18, 13 at 7:57am
LaGood

1. To unlock your mobile memory card, you need a file explorer. You may use FExplorer. To download FExplorer
2. After finished downloading, install it to your mobile phone.
3. Insert the mobile memory card into your mobile phone. Remember, don't access the memory card through phone at this moment.
4. Run FExplorer and open the following location C:\system.
5. From the location C:\System, you will see a file named as mmcstore. Rename this file as mmcstore.txt.
6. Copy the file mmcstore.txt. and paste it to your computer. Now, open that file in notepad.
7. When you finished the above steps, you will find the password of that file.
[/color]

Aug 20, 13 at 1:25am
sohailahmed

i have same problem and no slide switch in micro sd but when i format sd card from sdformatter say write protected and when i format from windows unable to format.

Jan 07, 13 at 8:59am
raavn111

There are software available over internet for this ....

Aug 13, 12 at 10:17am
Hans_____

quote luke67677676
I've had this problem before and i couldn't figure it out, so i just took the SD card out of the card reader and used a different card reader, then i was able to format the SD card
The lock/unlock button from your SD card in 'unlock'position should push against a contact to 'make' a contact.
In many (made in China) cardreaders the unlock button from the SD card does not push a contact far enough to tell the cardreader that the card is unlocked. Open the cardreader and bend the metal a little so the contact is made when you insert the card.
Problem solved.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:59am
luke67677676

I've had this problem before and i couldn't figure it out, so i just took the SD card out of the card reader and used a different card reader, then i was able to format the SD card

Jan 07, 12 at 2:59am
Rayquaza X

ren of heavens

it is in the unlocked position. but it says it's write-protected.

Jan 07, 12 at 1:29am
Ren of Heavens

There will be a small mechanical slider on the side of the SD card, you need to push this to the unlocked position

Jan 07, 12 at 12:57am
Neon Rayquaza

how do you do it?

it won't let me format my SD cu it's write-protected.