Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » AMD Llano Dual-Graphics Mode Performance Test » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 05, 12 at 2:14amleochan

AMD's Llano APU platform combines CPU and GPU to make for its latest in integrated graphics, and by latest we mean a DirectX 11 GPU right on the processor die itself. It doesn't stop there; Llano also introduces Hybrid Graphics technology to tie the resources of integrated and discrete graphics solutions together in Dual Graphics mode.

Neoseeker returns to the A8-3850 APU (with its integrated HD 6550D GPU) and pairs it with an ASUS Radeon HD 6670 to put Dual Graphics to the test. Hit our performance review to see if this Llano/HD 6670 hybrid is greater than the sum of the parts.

AMD Llano/HD6670 Dual Graphics Performance Test

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 08, 14 at 8:31am
The Smith

You have to do it using the reference clock. For more information, please read this page of the original Llano review.

Mar 08, 14 at 8:07am
darshit4612

Thanks for the quick reply,
I am planning for an upgrade so was searching a bit and I found that its better to get AMD Radeon 7770 or AMD Radeon 250X instead of Dual graphics on AMD A8 APU with Radeon 6670.

So I will buy Radeon 7770 or 250x. Can you tell me which settings in Motherboard you changed to overclock AMD A8 3850 integrated GPU 6550D because I thought that we cannot overclock it and it is unlocked only in 3870k model.

Thank you

Mar 08, 14 at 6:56am
The Smith

Hi,

If you have the same motherboard, you will find all the settings in the BIOS.

Mar 08, 14 at 6:25am
darshit4612

Please I want to know how you overclocked Radeon 6550D in AMD A8 3850 APU?
I have the same hardware so overclocking it will be helpful for me.

Nov 30, 12 at 7:04am
WGPlutonium

What I would like to see in the future is if they used the same architecture in their IGP as they do in the entire GPU line up so it could be paired with any card (x600 to x900 series) that way anyone looking for a chip to 'augment' their performance would consider the APU as a serious gaming alternative.

Oct 10, 12 at 5:00am
The Smith

quote boggy_b1
In your article there is a chart with tests on non DX11 games, as this chart reflects exactly what is happening to my crossfire setup I've thought the game I played (Battlefiled 3, multiplayer) does not support the DX11, but it does.
Could it be that I don't have the DX11 installed or enabled somehow?

Also, someone told me that the APUs low bandwidth could slow the dedicated GPU down. That's why the dual graphics works poorly.
Is this possible?
Have you tested with many games? As you can see in my article, some do not show performance gains. In my case, it was Street Fighter IV. I suggest you test with the Unigine Heaven benchmark to see if your scores are similar.

Even though you use slower RAM than our test setup, you should still see the benefits of dual-GPU.

Oct 10, 12 at 12:37am
boggy_b1

In your article there is a chart with tests on non DX11 games, as this chart reflects exactly what is happening to my crossfire setup I've thought the game I played (Battlefiled 3, multiplayer) does not support the DX11, but it does.
Could it be that I don't have the DX11 installed or enabled somehow?

Also, someone told me that the APUs low bandwidth could slow the dedicated GPU down. That's why the dual graphics works poorly.
Is this possible?

Oct 10, 12 at 12:22am
boggy_b1

Here's what I've done step by step:

With the 6670 not plugged in I've setup BIOS to use the primary display graphics ONBOARD
- Installed the latest AMD Catalyst (12.8)
- Plugged in the discreet card and swiched monitor cable from onbord DVI to the dedicated DVI
- Enabled in Catalys the AMD Dual Graphics option (there is no Crossfire option only this one)

After I've read some opinions I found out that monitor should be in onbord port as you also mentioned and I've changed it then disabled and re-enabled dual graphics.
Here's a printscreen:

Oct 09, 12 at 10:00am
The Smith

quote boggy_b1
Actually I have this two items and crossfiring them didn't improved graphics at all. In fact the video quality and in-game FPS was reduced as if I was using the APU integrated graphics only. Could this be a problem of drivers? Note that I've installed latest drivers from AMD (12.8 and 12.9 cat1).

Here's my rig specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H
Processor: AMD A8-3850 (with integrated HD6550 graphics)
Memory: 8Gb Kingston 1600MHz
Video: Gigabyte Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR3 128-bit
HDD: WD 500Gb 7200Rpm
PSU: Inter-Tech Energon 550W

I would be very grateful for a helpful reply.

Cheers.
Hi boggy,

You may have to enable it via the Catalyst Control Panel. Also, make sure your monitor is plugged in the motherboard video output.

Oct 09, 12 at 4:21am
boggy_b1

Actually I have this two items and crossfiring them didn't improved graphics at all. In fact the video quality and in-game FPS was reduced as if I was using the APU integrated graphics only. Could this be a problem of drivers? Note that I've installed latest drivers from AMD (12.8 and 12.9 cat1).

Here's my rig specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H
Processor: AMD A8-3850 (with integrated HD6550 graphics)
Memory: 8Gb Kingston 1600MHz
Video: Gigabyte Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR3 128-bit
HDD: WD 500Gb 7200Rpm
PSU: Inter-Tech Energon 550W

I would be very grateful for a helpful reply.

Cheers.