Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PlayStation Vita » Japanese Retailers Slash Vita Price » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 05, 12 at 1:46amwebby

It seems that following the drop in sales that the Vita suffered in it's second week out many retailers took it upon themselves to drop the price of the Vita by up to 20%. Whilst this isn't something that Sony has done and just what retailers have decided to do themselves it seems that an official announcement similar to the one made by Nintendo is inevitable.

This price cut seems to be an attempt to boost severely flagging sales and with the 3DS currently dominating sales in a similar way to the DS many moons ago it seems something that Sony really needs to consider.

Since at the moment this is just Japanese retailers cutting their prices and not Sony the question remains as to whether there will be any change to the prices for the rapidly arriving releases in Europe, America and Australia.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 17, 12 at 9:14pm
Paradox

quote Aurora
quote Paradox
The only thing that will save this handheld is Monster Hunter.
There's probably quite a bit of truth to this, particularly for the Japanese market. The Vita needs MH.
Yeah, I'm a firm believer the only reason why the PSP was able to contend with the DS was because of MH, at least in Japan.

Jan 17, 12 at 8:09pm
Aurora

quote Paradox
There's probably quite a bit of truth to this, particularly for the Japanese market. The Vita needs MH.

Jan 17, 12 at 2:46am
Celes Leonhart

If you must, but then stop the squabbling for the time being.

Jan 17, 12 at 2:09am
doomed_soul89

quote webby
quote doomed_soul89
Argument is still valid you have said nothing that addresses it other then "I don't think so" why don't you say something new? Oh right because your a hypocrite. Also again psv sales more then psp were at this point in time and psp outsold the ds at one point in it's life (as in more total sales)
I have actually stated that when more software becomes available sales will pick up, I just disagreed that one game will sway things, I said that it will take a selection of high quality titles. Please don't claim I made arguments I didn't, and certainly don't call me a hypocrite based on arguments I never made... that's just ridiculous.

I'm providing current sales figures and the impact those figures have had on the Japanese market. They don't give a break down of 3G sales compared to wifi sales otherwise I would provide that too so please stop harping on that only the 3G version had is price lowered, I know. I'm working with the statistics I can find easily, if you want to add more to the conversation then find additional figures, until then I will combine the things together which seems perfectly valid since the sales are so miserable right now. Anything you can add without figures is just conjecture and hyperbole, this is not the thread for that. Comparisons to other systems are also unrelated so not really needed here either.

Like I said, I know the arguments you're making, I took them into account when I made my statements, please stop repeating the same argument over and over again, it adds nothing to the discussion.

Also, tone down the insults my good fellow, they are not appreciated.
Again can't be miserable since it's doing better then the psp did. For someone who knows all this you sure do draw some wrong conclusions. I'll tell you I told you so after gravity rush comes out.

Jan 17, 12 at 1:28am
webby

quote doomed_soul89
Argument is still valid you have said nothing that addresses it other then "I don't think so" why don't you say something new? Oh right because your a hypocrite. Also again psv sales more then psp were at this point in time and psp outsold the ds at one point in it's life (as in more total sales)
I have actually stated that when more software becomes available sales will pick up, I just disagreed that one game will sway things, I said that it will take a selection of high quality titles. Please don't claim I made arguments I didn't, and certainly don't call me a hypocrite based on arguments I never made... that's just ridiculous.

I'm providing current sales figures and the impact those figures have had on the Japanese market. They don't give a break down of 3G sales compared to wifi sales otherwise I would provide that too so please stop harping on that only the 3G version had is price lowered, I know. I'm working with the statistics I can find easily, if you want to add more to the conversation then find additional figures, until then I will combine the things together which seems perfectly valid since the sales are so miserable right now. Anything you can add without figures is just conjecture and hyperbole, this is not the thread for that. Comparisons to other systems are also unrelated so not really needed here either.

Like I said, I know the arguments you're making, I took them into account when I made my statements, please stop repeating the same argument over and over again, it adds nothing to the discussion.

Also, tone down the insults my good fellow, they are not appreciated.

Jan 17, 12 at 1:06am
Paradox

Jan 17, 12 at 12:21am
doomed_soul89

quote webby
quote doomed_soul89
They are just slashing prices on the 3G versions and like I said before wait for gravity rush there are only 4 games unique to vita and none of them are system sellers in japan.
*Yawn*

I know... I knew before you once again parroted the same argument you've been using for weeks. I know and I had already taken it into account when I made my statement. Add something new to the discussion please and stop trotting out the same Sony propaganda day after day. It is tedious.

Jan 16, 12 at 11:04pm
webby

quote doomed_soul89
They are just slashing prices on the 3G versions and like I said before wait for gravity rush there are only 4 games unique to vita and none of them are system sellers in japan.
*Yawn*

I know... I knew before you once again parroted the same argument you've been using for weeks. I know and I had already taken it into account when I made my statement. Add something new to the discussion please and stop trotting out the same Sony propaganda day after day. It is tedious.

Jan 16, 12 at 10:49pm
doomed_soul89

quote webby
With sales still stumbling around the 40k mark like a blind man looking for his walking stick I'm shocked to see that there aren't more noises of concern coming from Sony. You can justify it by claiming that the people who paid for it are enjoying the console and that it's getting good word of mouth... but that doesn't translate to sales all that well, especially when the price tag is so steep.

I can understand Sony not hitting the eject button, that would be ridiculous, but claiming that this has been a positive launch, claiming that sales figures are low because there aren't enough Vitas to buy despite that fact that shops are slashing prices to clear stock and claiming that sales will be boosted soon based on word of mouth alone all seems like a recipe for disaster.

Jan 16, 12 at 5:57pm
webby

With sales still stumbling around the 40k mark like a blind man looking for his walking stick I'm shocked to see that there aren't more noises of concern coming from Sony. You can justify it by claiming that the people who paid for it are enjoying the console and that it's getting good word of mouth... but that doesn't translate to sales all that well, especially when the price tag is so steep.

I can understand Sony not hitting the eject button, that would be ridiculous, but claiming that this has been a positive launch, claiming that sales figures are low because there aren't enough Vitas to buy despite that fact that shops are slashing prices to clear stock and claiming that sales will be boosted soon based on word of mouth alone all seems like a recipe for disaster.