Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Cooler Master Cosmos II Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 04, 12 at 3:37pm
brechan69

While we might think that this case is heavy, it does fall within the same weight as some others in its class.

Corsair 800D: 35 lbs.
Silverstone TJ11B: 38 lbs.
Cooler Master HAF-X: 31 lbs.

We (enthusiasts) know that in order to have a quality-built chassis; it is usually heavy (better materials used in construction) - unless it along the lines of, say, CaseLabs M8 (all aluminum) weighing in at a mere 18 lbs. or a Mountain Mods case that weighs next to nothing (all acrylic).
We also know that for this quality, we're going to have to put out some serious cash.

Jan 04, 12 at 5:42am
Supernova1332

For the size, features, and shear amount of metal in that case that's not that bad. The original level 10 was somewhere around 52 lbs ~23kg and the 'much' smaller Fractal Design Define XL is about 18kg and it's just a regular full tower.

It looks like a great case, no doubt there, but a few gripes:

Vaguely familiar of the original cosmos or the cosmos s. Other than the handles and that it stands upright they threw most of the 'sleek' design ideas out the window for a flashier, tech-ier, more angled design.

No HPTX support. True it's not really common at all, but at $350 and being larger than all the other HPTX supported cases makes no sense to me, at least just for them to say they have the support.

Looks fantastic though and glad to see it cools as well as it looks.

Jan 03, 12 at 3:26pm
BlackLabel

quote Randome
I was just watching this:

I'm not sure if that's usual for "high end" cases, but it seems odd that an empty case would be over 20 kg.
High end cases typically are heavy due to higher quality materials being used. Though this case is somewhat of an anomaly given it dwarfs full tower cases. So yes it is heavy but until other companies come out with ultra tower cases there is no way of telling if this case is excessively heavy for it's type or about right. It's heavy compared to full tower cases but this is somewhat larger than that.

Jan 03, 12 at 2:56pm
Randome

I was just watching this:

I'm not sure if that's usual for "high end" cases, but it seems odd that an empty case would be over 20 kg.

Jan 03, 12 at 4:49am
leochan

Cooler Master updates its classic Cosmos case for the modern market with the Cosmos II, the first chassis on the market to utilize what Cooler Master is calling an “ultra tower” design. The Cosmos II is an entirely new beast that includes full dust filtration coverage, external hot-swap bays, twelve modular 3.5”/2.5” storage bays and an all new cable management system. It's also pretty darn pricey at $349 USD, so hit our review to see if the price of admission is worth it.