Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 01, 12 at 2:25pmlazy_killer

hi everyone,

i was just wondering why no one seems to use their mic on BF3.

i have only ever come across 1 guy who used his mic, this seems like THE game you should use your mic on?

just an observation

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 21, 13 at 12:50am
KR_1250

I have pretty much stopped using game chat altogether. On any game.

Arguing, annoying language, clingers, people playing with insane levels of background noise (kids etc) and worst of all stupid c*nts playing music down the headset.

I just dont use game chat anymore. Party chat or headset off. I play pretty much lone wolf style most of the time now anyway.

Jan 20, 13 at 6:22am
J

I've got a mic but I don't know how to talk! I know there's K and J keys to type but I haven't figured out what the push-to-talk button is or where I can configure my mic!
Anyway it's not that big of a deal because I don't really have any friends to talk to on PC (I only built my gaming PC about a month or two ago; I got BF3 for Christmas and I'm still really bad!)
When I had Battlefield 3 on PS3 I was really good (I usually came first in every match, got loads of kills, worked as a team, played the objective - of course I still try to do all this now but as I said I'm not very good)
My best mate also had (still has) a PS3 so I used the mic loads but now I can't play BF3 with him anymore *sadface* but yeah...

You're right not a lot of people have a mic on consoles but generally the community isn't as strong and nobody wants to play as a team. For example if I was talking I'd be trying to say useful stuff for the team like, IDK, 'there's a tank at echo', or I'd be talking to somebody. But everybody else that has a mic doesn't even use it properly, they go out and spend money on it just to play shitty music down the *bleep*ing thing to piss everyone off.

Jan 26, 12 at 8:02pm
DEAD RISING

yeah tryed to use my mic today no one responded and it was like 3 games seems to me like people may just be focused on leveling themselves up then the hole team work aspect if anyone dose wanna play a team based game just send me a msg ill be glad to join

Jan 18, 12 at 2:47am
WhyVII

Machienzo
Wouldn't be a Battlefield 3 thread unless someone compared it to CoD -_-

Part of the reason is because you can only hear your squad, which immediately limits the amount of people you can talk to. But most people are in party chat. We'll go in with three to six people and we'll all be in party chat, I think that's the main reason.

Jan 17, 12 at 2:25pm
Machienzo

I guess it's also the fact that people would prefer be quiet and play, rather than be a loud mouth and shout obscenities... Like COD.

Jan 16, 12 at 7:53am
monkey_ninjas316

quote DEAD RISING
I play on the 360 and I found for any game really no one uses there mic only on the rare occasion guess alot of people are anti social lol.
I use to wear my headset all the time but nobody would ever use it so now I only put it on when people talk to me first. Also, I think the party chat option xbox live offers takes priority to some people over the in-game squad chat. I'll be in a squad with a few people I know are communicating by the way they play, but they aren't using the in-game chat so I can't hear them.

Jan 15, 12 at 2:00pm
Machienzo

People will only talk to their friends in private squads. That's what I do. I personally wouldn't want to talk to strangers, because I would not have trust in: their skills, their ability to comprehend my verbal commands, and the hopes that they can actually respond with a microphone of their own.

Jan 12, 12 at 9:11pm
DEAD RISING

I play on the 360 and I found for any game really no one uses there mic only on the rare occasion guess alot of people are anti social lol.

Jan 12, 12 at 2:07am
Euphoric

quote unclebobert87
There's a problem with the voice system. Me and a mate had trouble hearing each other most of the time. There's a lot of complaints in the official forums
This. My mate and I got $50 headsets purely for this game. Over the gunfire it can be really hard, even impossible, to hear that the person is talking, let alone make out what they're saying. When you are away from the centre of the action though it isn't too bad. It's just a question of fiddling with audio levels for various aspects, ie music, sound effects and voice.

We are on PC if it matters. Oh and yeah we tend to use Party chat so it's just between us. We don't want to be talking about shit and just have randoms eavesdropping on us. That's creepy.

Jan 11, 12 at 10:24pm
LloydToS

Personally on the PC I only use a mic with friends. I don't feel like talking to 63 random people. At most I'd talk in a squad.