Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Overpowered Weapons. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Dec 23, 11 at 9:17amCrematedMan

What constitutes an overpowered weapon is different for everybody. MW3 has many contenders, because most weapons are easy to use.

The normal 5 are FMG-9 Akimbo, PP90M1, MP7, ACR 6.8 and the Type 95.

What, if any, do you think is overpowered?
What and how do you think weapons should be nerfed/buffed?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 11, 12 at 5:00pm
Jknucklez

quote Pro King
quote Jknucklez
quote Pro King
Riot Shield needs nerfing, LIKE *bleep*ING NOW! Overpowered piece of shit!
ROFL?
Sorry, I'll use sarcasm tags next time.
I figured as much.

Jan 11, 12 at 4:54pm
Pro King

quote Jknucklez
quote Pro King
ROFL?
Sorry, I'll use sarcasm tags next time.

Jan 11, 12 at 4:45pm
Jknucklez

quote Pro King
ROFL?

Jan 11, 12 at 2:01pm
redmanc90

quote Anonymous Reborn
In Counter-Strike it goes along like this.
Primary Fire Knife - Fast, 15dmg front
Secondary Fire Knife - Slow, 65dmg front
Backstabs are x2 damage.
How did Valve get this right so many years ago, and even now IW can't follow suit! Make the knife a third weapon that has to be selected. More damage for backstabs, maybe even implement the 2 different knife attacks.

Oh and on a side note, FMG9s!! NERF THEM. THEY ARE STILL OP (No rage thread so I'm taking out my anger here, productively )

Jan 11, 12 at 4:47am
Anonymous Reborn

They sound make the knife multi-functional like in Counter-Strike. You would have to pull it out (tertiary slot) primary fire would do a faster melee but weaker, but secondary fire would do a slower melee but stronger. Remove knife lunge altogether.

In Counter-Strike it goes along like this.
Primary Fire Knife - Fast, 15dmg front
Secondary Fire Knife - Slow, 65dmg front
Backstabs are x2 damage.

Iirc, MW3 is one of few CoD games that made the sniper rifles have different base damages. Dragunov and RSASS both do 70 damage unsilenced; and the L118, AS50, Barret .50cal, and MSR all do 98 damage unsilenced. They should made have the high calibur sniper rifles (Barret 50.cal and AS50) do 98 damage, and the rest 70. It sorta makes more sense that way tbh.

Jan 11, 12 at 3:54am
CarSick Shoe

What about the knife? One hit kills? That thing is waaaaaaay too OP. Take it out immediately. it are ruining teh gamez.

Jan 09, 12 at 12:47am
redmanc90

quote DreamCrafter
To be honest all the snipers in this game are OP, just like MW2 you can run around with a sniper and get easy kills with all of the work being done by aim assist. Well at least that is what it's like on the PC
I'm sorry but I cannot disagree with this sentence more!

All snipers are OP - No, to use a sniper rifle and go consistently positive with it you have to be a good player. In which case the player would probably do even better with an AR/SMG, they are basically handicapping themselves. A sniper in the hands of a GOOD player may possibly be considered OP, but in the hands of most pre-pubescent teenagers (90% of sniping community) they are not.

PC doesn't have aim assist so, whilst it is easier to be more accurate on the PC due to mouse aim, you have to actually aim, not just rely on aim assist.

Jan 09, 12 at 12:37am
Fluroclad

To be honest all the snipers in this game are OP, just like MW2 you can run around with a sniper and get easy kills with all of the work being done by aim assist. Well at least that is what it's like on the PC.

Jan 08, 12 at 11:30pm
HU1CH13

quote Yick
If you play Hardcore, no weapon is OP

... or every weapon is...
A weapon is OP based on balance, not about how much damage a weapon does (to some degree) against a player's health.

The Dragunov does the joint highest damage, is that classed as OP? Of course not.

Jan 08, 12 at 10:56pm
Yick

If you play Hardcore, no weapon is OP

... or every weapon is...