Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » can anyone recomend a decent joypad/controller for pc gaming? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 22, 11 at 10:23pmmagsasaka

so yh, i'm looking for a controller to play some of my games, particularly racing games on my pc (win xp).. does anyone use one and is fully happy with it, if yes then please share.

1.) so far i've thought of getting a xbox 360 controller (cuz i read you can use it on PC orsomething) but i also thought it wouln't be compatible with other games cuz it's proprietary so it may be limited, so getting a 3rd party one would mean more games...

2.) i'm also used to PlayStation's joystick so is there a massive difference in terms of feel when using xb360 vs ps joystick

3.) i had an idea of getting a dualshock to usb jack converter thing so i can use my old ps2 controller instead...

plus, is there a controller (for pc) with pressure sensitive buttons (like in ps2 gran turismo, accelerate and brake press pressure can be controlled)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 15, 13 at 2:37am
Shinobi_razor

360 controller. nuff said. and its compatible with any game that accepts gamepads cause Windows treats it like a regular USB controller. plus like said above, Xpadder makes it compatible even with games that can only use the keyboard.

also Steam games are now being made with it in mind, so a lot of times it will even display the 360 buttons on screen in place of keyboard keys (for tutorials etc).

Aug 08, 13 at 1:01pm
D-G

quote Forhad
Well, I've been doing some more research, and it looks like one problem with the xbox controller is that the buttons aren't programmable. I'm looking at a logitech controller.
You can essentially make the buttons on any controller programmable if you download Xpadder.

It was designed specifically for the 360 controller.

Aug 07, 13 at 8:25pm
RaverCo2k

Bumping for update on your pick

quote ashantiqua
i have a 3rd party wired x360 controller i use on my PC
are they still good? im looking into getting one to save a little money cuz i only want it for emu and some other games on steam. but cant decide on the 3rd party xbox ones or just go and buy a 360 controller... i remember the first time i hooked up my 360 controller it keep spinning to the left a little... but this was a used controller.

Jun 07, 12 at 2:13pm
Forhad

Well, I've been doing some more research, and it looks like one problem with the xbox controller is that the buttons aren't programmable. I'm looking at a logitech controller.

Jun 05, 12 at 11:23pm
Volaricabarrra

Mine is actually quite generic. It is a USB Wireless Gamepad

Jun 04, 12 at 12:40pm
ultimateyoshi1up

an xbox 360 controler but replace the buttons

Dec 23, 11 at 10:46pm
magsasaka

thank you for the input guys
imma visit the local shops sometime after christmas and look at my options

ps3 controller idea sounds good, i'm all for wired controllers tho so i wouldn't worry about all the wireless periphels etc...
same reason why i don't like wii that much..

Dec 22, 11 at 11:52pm
ashantiqua

just use a real x360 or ps3 controller; nothing better.

at least under win7, both function as a generic controller, and can be used for anything any pc-exclusive controller would.

a wired x360 controller is plug and play (i believe... i have a 3rd party wired x360 controller i use on my PC), a wireless one requires a windows compatible usb receiver (like $20); no special drivers or anything.

and a ps3 controller is either plug and play via wired usb, or requires a bluetooth adapter for wireless... then you just download ps3 motioninjoy drivers and youre all set. works with everything.

there are also programs that let you use controllers when theyre not officially supported (you map keyboard and mouse commands to the controller).

Dec 22, 11 at 10:34pm
D-G

I have a generic USB controller that has all the same buttons and analogs etc as a Playstation 2 Dualshock controller. It works fine for me in everything.
Plus it has turbo mode. It's also shaped exactly like a dualshock controller.

So either get one of these, or do what you said and use the actual Dualshock pad.

I can't remember where I got mine. Possibly it was from a charity shop or Cash Converters or something like that.

I do remember it was very cheap.

Dec 22, 11 at 10:23pm
magsasaka

so yh, i'm looking for a controller to play some of my games, particularly racing games on my pc (win xp).. does anyone use one and is fully happy with it, if yes then please share.

1.) so far i've thought of getting a xbox 360 controller (cuz i read you can use it on PC orsomething) but i also thought it wouln't be compatible with other games cuz it's proprietary so it may be limited, so getting a 3rd party one would mean more games...

2.) i'm also used to PlayStation's joystick so is there a massive difference in terms of feel when using xb360 vs ps joystick

3.) i had an idea of getting a dualshock to usb jack converter thing so i can use my old ps2 controller instead...

plus, is there a controller (for pc) with pressure sensitive buttons (like in ps2 gran turismo, accelerate and brake press pressure can be controlled)