Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PlayStation Vita » Playstation Vita vs Nintendo 3DS » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 20, 11 at 3:55pmDefiance

-moderator approved-

You know the drill. Pretty basic concept really; discuss the ups and downs of both systems fairly. No flaming each other, as it is by the grace of a higher power that I was able to get this thread up anyways, I don't want it to get shut down!

Try to be as non-biased as possible, as it will make for a lot better discussions in the end.

Allow me to break the ice. I'll start off with a basic topic in a battle like this; graphics:

Here are some examples of the best graphics on 3DS:

And here are some of the best Vita examples:

Obviously both look great, but the Vita has a pretty big edge over the 3DS graphics-wise.

Of course, graphics aren't what Nintendo is for. They have always put graphics second to other aspects of their games.

Also, the 3DS obviously has 3D, which sharpens the graphics a pretty good deal, and is a cool gimmick.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 31, 11 at 2:10am
Vicarious

I think advertising that early is good for a new installment for a series but,not really for a new title. But if they know they have a diamond in the rough, a game that they know will sell well then I think more then two weeks is a good way to build up anticipation. You want people to see it and get excited to it can spread around.

Dec 31, 11 at 1:52am
doomed_soul89

quote The Pursuit
quote doomed_soul89
quote Wakaman
quote The Pursuit
Wakaman you really need to play Uncharted 2 it is sooo awesome. But yeah I don't normally play my handhelds on the go anyways unless I am on a rode trip.

This is the Among Thieves right?
I found a bundle that has all 3,so I'll look into it.

doomed_soul89 what good will it do to push those games into the spotlight after they release?
People will buy them, if you advertise games that aren't going to be for months people will forget about them when they do come out, though a week or two before is probably ideal.
Two weels is a pretty good time but I don't personally think most people will forget about it if it is advertised months in advance. It just really depends on how well it is advertised, how good the game looks, what genre it is, and how popular the series is. Of course the last one is invalid in this case but I figured I would state it.
Well if you start months in advance you have to keep advertising it for months, and frankly I don't think advertising it that early has any barring on the games lifetime sales just day one sales.

Dec 31, 11 at 1:41am
Vicarious

quote doomed_soul89
quote Wakaman
quote The Pursuit
Wakaman you really need to play Uncharted 2 it is sooo awesome. But yeah I don't normally play my handhelds on the go anyways unless I am on a rode trip.

doomed_soul89 what good will it do to push those games into the spotlight after they release?
People will buy them, if you advertise games that aren't going to be for months people will forget about them when they do come out, though a week or two before is probably ideal.
Two weels is a pretty good time but I don't personally think most people will forget about it if it is advertised months in advance. It just really depends on how well it is advertised, how good the game looks, what genre it is, and how popular the series is. Of course the last one is invalid in this case but I figured I would state it.

Dec 31, 11 at 1:28am
doomed_soul89

quote Wakaman
quote The Pursuit

Dec 31, 11 at 12:48am
Wakaman

quote The Pursuit

Dec 30, 11 at 11:55pm
Vicarious

quote doomed_soul89
quote The Pursuit
Gravity rush is a game that should be marketed a lot more. The concept looks fantastic. I also think Little Big Planet will sell systems pretty nicely as well.

and back to my original point, they need to be out before marketing will do much good. Or atleast out within 2 weeks, gravity rush isn't coming till feb.
Whatever you say master. I never said when, I just said it needs it more then it is getting which is none.

Dec 30, 11 at 11:42pm
doomed_soul89

quote The Pursuit
Gravity rush is a game that should be marketed a lot more. The concept looks fantastic. I also think Little Big Planet will sell systems pretty nicely as well.

and back to my original point, they need to be out before marketing will do much good. Or atleast out within 2 weeks, gravity rush isn't coming till feb.

Dec 30, 11 at 11:29pm
Vicarious

Dec 30, 11 at 10:16pm
doomed_soul89

quote The Pursuit
quote doomed_soul89
quote Wakaman
Well,tbh with the 4 or so hours of battery you're not gonna be playing anything on the bus.

I agree that I'm tired of ports(though a potential Oblivion/Skyrim port would have errbody shitting brix).I'm interested in playing Uncharted,because I've yet to touch one previously,but I'm more excited for Sound shapes,Lord of Apocalypse,LBP,Gravity Daze and titles of the sort.Definetly agree that they need more marketing.

Though I'm also tired of mario kart and pokemon(this gen really pissed me off),so my wanting a Vita is for the creativity of the fresh titles,and with the length of the battery I doubt anyone will be playing on the go.
Marking won't do any good until those games release.
If they marketed them a little more before for their release then maybe more people would try to buy them. Right now most people probably only know about uncharted.
Out of the bolded games only Lord of Apocalypse is out and apparently there's a psp version. Also only Army corps of hell, Little Deviants, Asphalt Injection, Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja and Uncharted are out and can't be gotten somewhere else. Also Army corps of hell seems to suck from what few reviews I can find, Little Deviants isn't going to sell any systems, Asphalt Injection is made by gameloft enough said. So that pretty much leaves Uncharted and Shinobido 2 to sell systems until more games come out and Uncharted 3 just released on ps3 so you can see why the sales are low, they'll pick up after gravity rush and others release.

Dec 30, 11 at 8:25pm
Vicarious

quote doomed_soul89
quote Wakaman
Well,tbh with the 4 or so hours of battery you're not gonna be playing anything on the bus.

I agree that I'm tired of ports(though a potential Oblivion/Skyrim port would have errbody shitting brix).I'm interested in playing Uncharted,because I've yet to touch one previously,but I'm more excited for Sound shapes,Lord of Apocalypse,LBP,Gravity Daze and titles of the sort.Definetly agree that they need more marketing.

Though I'm also tired of mario kart and pokemon(this gen really pissed me off),so my wanting a Vita is for the creativity of the fresh titles,and with the length of the battery I doubt anyone will be playing on the go.
Marking won't do any good until those games release.
If they marketed them a little more before for their release then maybe more people would try to buy them. Right now most people probably only know about uncharted.