Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » What do you consider noob? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Dec 20, 11 at 3:38amThe Player 75

What does everyone think noob is in this game? Whether it be a weapon or strategy, let me know. IMO, I think quickscoping is a bit overused.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 24, 12 at 12:12pm
AgentAdam33

when they block your damn way

Nov 03, 12 at 10:43am
cod-is-stupid

[b][/b] quickscoping, noob tubers, type 95, and dropshoters make mw3 stupid. especially when a prestige 11 does it

Oct 30, 12 at 7:10am
KR_1250

quote Ajax
It wasn't a problem for me because the Time to Kill for the SPAS is faster than the TtK of the Striker. I only needed one shot, whereas he needed 2 or 3.

Using an AR or a gun that doesn't kill as fast as the Striker, I could see how irritating it would be to meet one up close.

I just never had a problem for the same reason I don't have a problem with anyone else. No-one expects to meet a SPAS or a 1887 around a corner. It's the ultimate surprise attack and after that initial death to it, it's always in the back of their mind. "This *bleep*ing shotgun guy could be around this corner."

I just think the Striker as it stood had a place in this game as a powerful entry and clearance tool. Its range was never as far as everyone said and it had some stiff competition from akimbo pistols, akimbo machine pistols, other shotguns, the PP-90 AND even the Mk14 if someone hipfired well.

The worst thing is i'd have gadly accepted a small nerf, OR even a large one if the developers had balanced its competition accordingly.

But now the Striker doesnt have the punch of the pump actions, doesnt have the spray effect of the AA-12, has a higher TTK than most sidearms and has been relegated to a sort of useless weapon without a purpose. Its just kinda sad. A little bit of a nerf would have calmed the critics AND kept the gun competative.

And like i said in the other thread i cant stand stupidity. Standing 10ft away from a guy and plastering his face with 12 guage buckshot 3 times only to have him survive just took me out of the game. It just kina killed my mental involvement. Its like getting into a Buggatti in Forza4 and having its top speed as 50mph. You'd just be thinking WTF?!?!?!?

Oct 30, 12 at 6:46am
Ajax

quote KR_1250
quote Ajax
Even before it was patched it wasn't as bad as people said.
Comment of the day.

Nae comment of the entire MW3 boards for me. The day the Striker got patched was the day the FMG's became gamebreaking for me.

All these twats runnign around crying about it in a knee jerk response not thinking or realising it was the best anti-noob gun in the game.

I'd have ben fine with a nerf to both. But nerfing the shottie without the FMG's was just a c*nt of an idea.
It wasn't a problem for me because the Time to Kill for the SPAS is faster than the TtK of the Striker. I only needed one shot, whereas he needed 2 or 3.

Using an AR or a gun that doesn't kill as fast as the Striker, I could see how irritating it would be to meet one up close.

I just never had a problem for the same reason I don't have a problem with anyone else. No-one expects to meet a SPAS or a 1887 around a corner. It's the ultimate surprise attack and after that initial death to it, it's always in the back of their mind. "This *bleep*ing shotgun guy could be around this corner."

Oct 30, 12 at 12:53am
KR_1250

quote Yogurt
They're gonna say 'no more Akimbo FMG9's' for the next CoD much like they said no final/last/whatever chance even though we all know how that turned out. They will say they 'fixed' things then add in things just as bad. It's true, it's damn true.
Why dont they just fix it?

There is nothing wrong with Akimbo guns, snipers, semi auto shotguins etc etc etc. Just build them right and if they are obviously broken after release then patching them within a bloody galactic eon would be helpful.

They dont have to remove or add anything. Just fix whats wrong you utter c*nts.

Its knee jerk after knee jerk with the COD developers. They all have to calm the hell down and have a think.

Oct 29, 12 at 10:25pm
Pixelated Illusion

aside from playing skill and exploiting game mechanics, having a crappy headset that statics is noobie lol.

Oct 29, 12 at 12:37pm
Yogurt

They're gonna say 'no more Akimbo FMG9's' for the next CoD much like they said no final/last/whatever chance even though we all know how that turned out. They will say they 'fixed' things then add in things just as bad. It's true, it's damn true.

Oct 29, 12 at 1:52am
KR_1250

quote Ajax
Even before it was patched it wasn't as bad as people said.
Comment of the day.

Nae comment of the entire MW3 boards for me. The day the Striker got patched was the day the FMG's became gamebreaking for me.

All these twats runnign around crying about it in a knee jerk response not thinking or realising it was the best anti-noob gun in the game.

I'd have ben fine with a nerf to both. But nerfing the shottie without the FMG's was just a c*nt of an idea.

Oct 28, 12 at 6:22am
Raspustean

People who wont take B flag or are to scared to go in a kill people because it'll *bleep* up their precious K/D ratio. Also people who use you as a meat shield.

Also dipshits who get in you way on purpose to stop you leaving a room because you killed someone they tried to or hijacked an enemy care package before them.

Another thing, people who clearly do not look at the radar and panic when you run past them or dont spread out around the maybe and stick together resulting in multi kills :/

Oct 27, 12 at 11:25am
Ajax

quote Sasuke45
quote Ajax
quote Sasuke45
I've accepted the Shotguns and Noob-tubers, they're never going away. But the stuff above, I seriously dislike.
I was being facetious, shotguns are about the hardest thing to do in this game.

If you're getting shit on by someone using a pump-action shotgun, you're terrible and should sell your copy of the game.
That rarely happens xD
It's been a few times a guy ran at me with a gold KSG and destroyed me before I can get a shot off.
My beef is with the Striker still, somehow it gets patched and it still wrecks everything.
I just miss the days when I was able to use the Model 1887 and have a decent score at the end, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
The Striker now takes 3-4 shots before it kills, it honestly shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Even before it was patched it wasn't as bad as people said. I never had a problem with them and I was using a worse gun, the SPAS.