Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Uncharted: Golden Abyss » Intu-aim » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 16, 11 at 3:14amAurora

There's a feature in Golden Abyss that allows you to fine-tune your aim using the PS Vita's gyro sensor. See this video for more information, including gameplay footage:

I wasn't expecting to say this, but Intu-aim looks useful. Too often has my reticule been slightly off — enough to screw up a headshot — because my analogue stick has gotten stuck. Pushing the stick, even slightly, in these situations often moves the reticule further than intended, so you end up missing either way. On other occasions, the stick is just too sensitive to make a desired adjustment. If it's configured so as to be unobtrusive, I think this could be a simple, natural way to make minor corrections.

So, is this something that you anticipate using?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 16, 11 at 11:13pm
Aurora

quote Agent Mo
quote Aurora
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with Uncharted.
No i just meant, presumably the button to trigger it would be the aim button, rather than having to aim AND press another button to trigger intu-aim. That would be fiddly.
Now I get you. Yeah, that'd be best.

As for the name, I suspect that it's a combination of "intuitive" and "aim." Thus, Intu-aim. It's not the best of names.

Dec 16, 11 at 9:53pm
Agent Mo

quote Aurora
No i just meant, presumably the button to trigger it would be the aim button, rather than having to aim AND press another button to trigger intu-aim. That would be fiddly. But yeah i don't think they'd have it in use while just walking around, especially since they use the motion thing for stuff like swinging.

But anyways, why 'intu'-aim? Am i missing something here or is it just a completely randomly made up name?

Dec 16, 11 at 9:13pm
Celes Leonhart

I honestly think this looks like one of the most useless things I've ever seen. Very thankful that you don't actually have to use it.

Dec 16, 11 at 3:22pm
Aurora

Well that's alright, so long as it's not going to alter the camera while you're just walking around. Often when I go to aim and shoot, I'm not wiggling around because I'm focused.

Dec 16, 11 at 2:24pm
Agent Mo

That button being L

Dec 16, 11 at 12:47pm
Aurora

Agent Mo: I'm not sure how it works, but it's probably safe to assume that it won't be a nuisance. Most people don't sit frozen still when playing their games, and surely they realize that.

I was thinking that it could only work when you hold down a specific button. I can't tell from the video.

Dec 16, 11 at 7:23am
Agent Mo

Ehhhh, i like playing in one position so i doubt i'll use this, maybe like you said to get really accurate aiming, but that would require it to not become a hassle when i'm playing normally. If it does, i'll turn it off. If not i have no problem with it being on.

Dec 16, 11 at 3:14am
Aurora

There's a feature in Golden Abyss that allows you to fine-tune your aim using the PS Vita's gyro sensor. See this video for more information, including gameplay footage:

I wasn't expecting to say this, but Intu-aim looks useful. Too often has my reticule been slightly off — enough to screw up a headshot — because my analogue stick has gotten stuck. Pushing the stick, even slightly, in these situations often moves the reticule further than intended, so you end up missing either way. On other occasions, the stick is just too sensitive to make a desired adjustment. If it's configured so as to be unobtrusive, I think this could be a simple, natural way to make minor corrections.

So, is this something that you anticipate using?