Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Dec 10, 11 at 8:10ambokchoii

Hey,

I just got into Starcraft 2 but my computer was struggling with FPS, frames per second. I was getting something terrible.. like 20 FPS outside of battle on medium settings. I changed up some small settings, like using 16bit color instead of 32... lowering shadowmapsize and small things like that.

It was really easy and helped my FPS TONS. I'm not at about 40 FPS on the same settings and my graphics look almost exactly the same.

I saw how to do it in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GoKkT24WaY

Does anyone know any other tweaks to make my game run faster? Also, they need to not make the game look uglier. On Low settings the game looks so flat and boring, I want to keep the glossy look.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 09, 13 at 9:10am
Asschen-Sukar

there is also a mod (custom game), that lets you preload all the actions that are made in the game.
Thus your loading and gameplay increases inspeed, because it memorises the animations.

You need to do this everytime, when you didnt play for a while (read every day you play)

Jan 17, 13 at 3:43am
sheepman

Play on low settings

Oct 04, 12 at 8:09pm
zKrieg

quote Debo
So, I followed the step on the video and made the changes. However, when I save the changes and start up SC2, all changes go back to defaulf on the variable.txt file. Any reason why this would happen? It looks like sc2 is not liking the changes i make, and changes it back to the default... Anything with the new patch that prevents us from modifying that file?? Any answers are greatly apprieciated!!
Make sure the file attribute Read Only is not set.

Right click Variables.txt > properties > uncheck the Read Only box

Sep 06, 12 at 10:32pm
Shinobi_razor

Wouldn't be surprised since this is a back door mod of sorts and Blizz might not want people accidentally screwing something up and then calling them complaining SC2 doesnt work.

Sep 03, 12 at 3:06pm
Debo

So, I followed the step on the video and made the changes. However, when I save the changes and start up SC2, all changes go back to defaulf on the variable.txt file. Any reason why this would happen? It looks like sc2 is not liking the changes i make, and changes it back to the default... Anything with the new patch that prevents us from modifying that file?? Any answers are greatly apprieciated!!

Aug 14, 12 at 5:40pm
BelmontZiimon

My computer has the following specs (laptop)
Model) Toshiba satellite c655
processor) Intel core i3, CPU M370 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
3.80 usable ram
and 64 bit operating system

how can I make the fps increase using these devices?

Apr 30, 12 at 12:33pm
deeplove

Too much work. I just set the stuff that I don't need to low or off. Especially shadows. Then turn up what I do like. But I went out and got myself a decent gpu and problem is solved. Now, what's messing me up is my CPU. Which will be upgraded.

Jan 20, 12 at 1:06pm
jakeferren

I am impressed by the details that you have on this site. It goes to show how well you get the subject.

Dec 12, 11 at 2:35am
Shinobi_razor

nice find, thanks. i get a slowdown in big fights when playing 3v3 or more too so this is sweet.

Dec 10, 11 at 8:10am
bokchoii

Hey,

I just got into Starcraft 2 but my computer was struggling with FPS, frames per second. I was getting something terrible.. like 20 FPS outside of battle on medium settings. I changed up some small settings, like using 16bit color instead of 32... lowering shadowmapsize and small things like that.

It was really easy and helped my FPS TONS. I'm not at about 40 FPS on the same settings and my graphics look almost exactly the same.

I saw how to do it in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GoKkT24WaY

Does anyone know any other tweaks to make my game run faster? Also, they need to not make the game look uglier. On Low settings the game looks so flat and boring, I want to keep the glossy look.