Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Uncharted: Golden Abyss » Uncharted: Golden Abyss antagonist revealed! » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 03, 11 at 3:52pm
In Motion

quote Agent Mo
So this is going to be a direct prequel to Drake's Fortune? Nice I've always wondered how exactly Nate ended up off the coast of Panama.
Aha, no. Don't forget about Uncharted: Eye of Indra; that comes between the two games. This is set some time before Drake's Fortune (and Eye of Indra); I think the reason for it taking place in Panama is just to keep with the Central/South American theme we see in the series.

That sword looks quite important, something to do with the adventure no doubt.
/nod. I find it quite interesting that this guy's got a sword, when we've already seen Nate wielding a machete in the game. Sword-fight to the death perhaps?

Dec 02, 11 at 7:31am
Agent Mo

So this is going to be a direct prequel to Drake's Fortune? Nice I've always wondered how exactly Nate ended up off the coast of Panama. I do hope they explained why Marisa disappears after the game though, although i'm expecting they will.

Pretty standard villain, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I read that he did the voices for enemies in the previous Uncharted games so i guess he's had a promotion

That sword looks quite important, something to do with the adventure no doubt. Also, it looks like there are going to be quite a few cinematic moments like in the PS3 games, which should be interesting seeing what they've done with the Vita.

Dec 02, 11 at 12:21am
In Motion

Oi oi. So I've been saying recently how we're going to no doubt be learning more about this game as the release date grows near. Well here's a big one:

Say hello to Roberto Guerro, Uncharted: Golden Abyss' primary antagonist:

Roberto Guerro

Roberto Guerro
RobertoGuerroGoldenAbyss.jpg
Roberto Guerro in Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
Gender Male
Born Panama
Nationality Panamanian
Status Deceased
Appearances Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Voice actor JB Blanc

Roberto Guerro, voiced by JB Blanc, is the primary antagonist in the 2012 PlayStation Vita game Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

In the game, Guerro opposes treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake in Panama as Nate attempts to uncover the mystery surrounding an ancient Spanish cult, possibly behind a massacre of a Spanish expedition to Central America 400 years ago.

Contents

[edit] Biography

Roberto Guerro has been described as a "drug running-hardnut".[1] He is based in Panama, and seems to have a small army at his disposal.[2]

[edit] Uncharted: Golden Abyss

In April 2004, when treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake arrives in Panama in an attempt to uncover the mystery surrounding an ancient Spanish cult, possibly behind a massacre of a Spanish expedition to Central America 400 years ago, Guerro and his men are on there to battle Nate. At one point during the battles between Guerro and Nate, Guerro takes Nate's companion Marisa Chase hostage with a sword.[2]

[edit] Appearances

[edit] Behind the scenes

Roberto Guerro first appears in the 2012 PlayStation Vita video game Uncharted: Golden Abyss and is voiced by JB Blanc, an Anglo-French actor who is perhaps best known for his role in the 2002 adventure film The Count of Monte Cristo and his subsequent roles in the Naruto anime series. In the Uncharted series, Blanc also provides voice work for the hired thugs and Marlowe's agents.[3]

[edit] References

1. "Vita's launch games: The good, bad and quite interesting" on ComputerAndVideoGames.com
  2. 2.0 2.1 "Uncharted: Golden Abyss Gets Another Vita Trailer" on TheSixthAxis
  3. "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Tech Info" on GameSpot

After first being listed in the credits of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, we've finally seen Guerro in a recent Japanese preview video for the game. You can see the video below:

Of course, it's in Japanese, but we do see a bit more than we have already seen of the game, which is cool. No doubt it's been dubbed, which means an English version of the preview exists and will be hitting screens around the rest of the world shortly. I look forward to seeing this preview, some of the bits look really interesting and it's just a shame I don't know the language.

So there we go: a new character, quite a bit of action, and plenty to look forward to when the game hits the shelves. What more do you guys want?